Hi folks,

I went up to the gun shop to pick up my favorite Smith & Wesson 1911 yesterday, filled up the application and conduct a background check. I was inform by the salesman I'm placed into research and doesn't necessarily mean I will be denied. I told him I attempted to purchase a Springfield XD Mod 2 handgun, successfully passed the PICS check and retrieved the handgun. That was five days ago. How is that possible when I passed a PICS check in less than a minute and then five days ago attempt to buy another handgun and placed into research. Well the day before I passed the PICS, I got off probation for a double DUI; maybe that could be the issue. However both DUIs are ungraded misdemeanors... I have no first-degree misdemeanor or any type of felony, protection from abuse, no record of being involuntary committed to a psychiatric hospital or order of relinquish of firearms by any court. I mean nothing except only two ungraded misdemeanors...

Can someone help me please? Any tips or info could be helpful to see why I was delayed. I have bought many guns in the past, passed PICS check within seconds and took the firearms the same day. Being placed in research is my very first and I was shocked. That has never happened to me.

Thanks