Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Handgun purchase delay

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I got placed into research once.
    And it was under very similar circumstances.

I had purchased a handgun the prior weekend without issue.
    But when I went to buy another handgun the next weekend, then that PICS check I was placed into research.
    This was on a Saturday, the PICS check passed the next Tues.
    Or did it pass on Mon, the store call me on Mon., and I went back to the store on Tues. ?

I assume the two purchases so close together caused "a red flag" to thrown.
    Yes, you may be correct. I was worried when I went to applied for my license to carry; I ask the sheriff why I was placed into research for my handgun. She asked if I'd try to buy handguns in a five-day period, I said yes! She thinks that might be the reason and may take up to two weeks to determine. However when I got the permit, I found out I got approved for my handgun purchase! That might as well as explain the delay. Thanks!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    It's best to not assume the "check" will only take about 15 minutes. My background check was held up at a gun show for at least an hour, but I had to leave for a prior engagement. That lost me $35.. A few months later, at another show, I was approved quickly.
    Delays can occur. I've never bought guns at gun shows nor ever been to one...

(Lycoming County)

Basically red flags may occur when an individual has an outstanding warrant or being ordered protection from abuse recently. It sucked when we had to wait. You had to wait three days; I had to wait less than 24 hours when I found out I got approved for the handgun. I got my license to carry and that might explain why.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    NCIC in PA was down for quite a bit of time yesterday, from about 4pm until 10pm. I am sure that could have something to do with it. If you normally pass and didn't have any other issues, I imagine you will be approved in a day or so.
    You are absolutely right. You imagined I'd get approved within a day and I got approved in almost less than 24 hours for the handgun purchase. I'm so excited

How did you know the NICS was down between 4pm until 10pm? Couldn't find the info...

(Lycoming County)

Hi folks again, as mentioned earlier when I got approved for the delayed handgun purchased, I'm gonna post pictures of my new 1911 baby as soon as I pick it up tomorrow so you can view them. I cannot get it today the same day I got approved because the salesman said the store was temporary closed. He was there doing some office work while it's closed. The name of the store is called Euro Optic. I'm sure some of you are familiar with it; international store that sells premium scopes as well as firearms. The store is based in Montoursville in Lycoming County, just 15 minutes from where I live...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I got placed into research once.
    And it was under very similar circumstances.

I had purchased a handgun the prior weekend without issue.
    But when I went to buy another handgun the next weekend, then that PICS check I was placed into research.
    This was on a Saturday, the PICS check passed the next Tues.
    Or did it pass on Mon, the store call me on Mon., and I went back to the store on Tues. ?

I assume the two purchases so close together caused "a red flag" to thrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverwolfxox View Post
    Yes, you may be correct. I was worried when I went to applied for my license to carry; I ask the sheriff why I was placed into research for my handgun. She asked if I'd try to buy handguns in a five-day period, I said yes! She thinks that might be the reason and may take up to two weeks to determine. However when I got the permit, I found out I got approved for my handgun purchase! That might as well as explain the delay. Thanks!
    Ahh no, they really don't care, unless you sell your purchases quickly and they end up in prohibited hands. Freedom requires responsibility aka keep control of your assets.

You are absolutely right. You imagined I'd get approved within a day and I got approved in almost less than 24 hours for the handgun purchase. I'm so excited

How did you know the NICS was down between 4pm until 10pm? Couldn't find the info...
    I could tell you but....

actually I cant.

(Warren County)

We shouldn't however it's the only way to be sure the firearms don't get in the wrong hands of criminals...
    Yeah that's working Soooo well... you never ever hear of a prohibited career criminal using a gun to commit a crime.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

... to be sure the firearms don't get in the wrong hands of criminals...

Uhhh....

Ever wonder how many career criminals are out there that have never been caught? Or are in the stages of planning criminal activity for the first time? Kind of like having never been "outted"?

(Delaware County)

We shouldn't however it's the only way to be sure the firearms don't get in the wrong hands of criminals...
    Not really. It does absolutely nothing except punish the law abiding segment of the population.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast