Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Ruger Service Ordeal

returned 9 month old gp100 that I screwed up,ruger sent shipping label about 1 week later same person called to ask if I would mind if they sent a new gun.Only problem was they would have to build it.Free shipping to local gun store and had to pay background fee again because of different numbers.I told her I did the damage up front,not a problem

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    My Keltec P32 started having ejection problems. I stopped carrying it.
    I forgot all about it for the most part. When I needed money and started going through guns I could sell, I thought "Damn, there's one I don't need, but I can not sell that with a clear conscience."

I guess I should send it back. I just never think of it. Guess I'll add that to my to do list.
    I would still feel funny about selling it after getting it back if it were fixed. I guess if it ran OK I would, but I would disclose it's history.
    I hear ya, I had a EDC Kahr CW9 that I put 1000's of rounds through and the trigger bar broke. Sent it to Kahr who fixed it no problem, took it to the range was still a good shooting gun but I lost faith in it and haven't carried it since, haven't shot it in years but can't bring myself to sell it.

(Delaware County)

I sent back a 25 year old Ruger p90. I paid for shipping due to age of gun, but it was repaired for free and returned for no cost.

Follow through on the process, and write back.

(Montgomery County)

As others have said, you didn't try very hard.
    Call Ruger and ask to speak to a supervisor, they will probably take care of it.
    I never talk to 1st line people that answer the phone, I always deal directly with a supervisor to fix a problem.
    I have no opinion of Ruger since I don't own any.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

I would have tried sending it back before I did any "FIXING" that might not fix anything...and screw up any warranty I may have..

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Call Ruger and ask to speak to a supervisor, they will probably take care of it.
    I never talk to 1st line people that answer the phone, I always deal directly with a supervisor to fix a problem.
    What "problem" here would cause you to escalate it to a manager? You call, they say "send it back", you send it back.

Ruger is tops in my book. Had two ruger rifles purchased over 18 years ago that had issues. Retired and had time to pursue some things so I called Ruger and they sent an RMA corrected the problem and returned it they then sent another RMA for the other one, corrected the problem and returned it all at no charges to me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    What "problem" here would cause you to escalate it to a manager? You call, they say "send it back", you send it back.
    The "problem" is that the gun is broken.
    The 2nd "problem" is that he got conflicting information from the gun shop and from Ruger.
    For anything beyond simple information I always talk to a manager directly.
    I don't view it as an 'escalation'.
    I just prefer to talk directly to someone with some knowledge and authority.
    I used to waste my time with 1st line people.
    But after many decades of talking in circles, getting misinformation, getting second hand incorrect information, and just general idiocy, I don't waste my time with 1st line people anymore.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Indiana County)

Unless a gun shop gives their own warranty, it's not the responsibility of a shop to send a gun back for you.
    Some may do it, some may not, but regardless, it's not their product.

It's a manufacturer warranty not a retailer warranty.

I'd call Ruger back and tell them you need a return label, don't ask, tell them you have a busted gun that they need to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I sent back a 25 year old Ruger p90. I paid for shipping due to age of gun, but it was repaired for free and returned for no cost.

Follow through on the process, and write back.
    I also returned a P90 because the hammer would not remain fully cocked after the first shot. It was not as old as the the one described above. The representative I spoke with said it had to be returned and I was sent a shipping label. In addition, I had to send them payment of $60.00 in case the malfunction was not the fault of Ruger. I received it back a short time later with an explanation of the work done to complete the repair. A spring had come loose in the grip when I inserted a magazine and they snapped it back in place. They noted that if this should happen again, I should just remove the grip panel and put the spring back in. They also noted that it is an issue that is not uncommon. They charged me the $60.00 for this information.

If the representative had just advised me of this known issue I could have resolved the problem myself. If I could not fix it myself then returning it would be the appropriate next step.

As far as the Comtrash comment earlier, they have the worst people working there and the worst product.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast