So, my LC9S has been unreliable for the last few months and I no longer carry it. I emailed Ruger, I went to the shop I bought it from to ask their advice, they told me to call, get a service label and send it back. I got a response from the email I sent and they told me to call, have my serial number ready. I really didn't want to be on the phone but I called anyway and the girl told me to give it the shop and have them send it back. Jesus. If this gun wasn't a wedding gift from my wife, I wouldn't be trying to hard to get it fixed. Why is this such an ordeal? The two problems it has were ejecting the magazine when it's empty and failure to feed malfunctions. I polished the feed ramp, did absolutely shit. I had 6 malfunctions and a double feed this past weekend in under 100 rounds. I was able to fix the magazine issue as far as I can tell. I stuck a steel file up the magazine well and filed the catch down ever so slightly. Magazines pop right out. Now, if only I could figure out what the fuck is wrong with this gun. I thought my right thumb was pressing the slide stop up so I adjusted my grip and put my thumb on top of my left hand. Didn't help. It even did it when I was firing one handed. Am I limp wristing? Nope. Is it bad ammo? Nope. I've used Perfecta, Blazer brass, Federal, PPU, Fiocchi and Freedom Munitions. Same shit with every type of ammo. Oh and the rear sight screw came loose and I could push it out with my thumb! I'll try calling again tomorrow and hope for better results. Jesus.

So, here's a question for you folks; what do you do with an unreliable weapon that the manufacturer doesn't want to help fix or hypothetically, sends back with no change? I'm not going to sell it to someone who will make the mistake of carrying it and get her/herself killed because it fails when they need it.