Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Sig Sauer P320 RX - Romeo 1

I recently picked up a new Sig Sauer P320 RX, with the factory mounted Romeo 1 mini red dot on the side.

Today was my first day with it at the range. I shot approximately 100 rounds with the optic, then turned it off for another 100.

I turned the optic on again, shooting 115gr FMJ ammunition, and the red dot failed after a couple shots. It was not a catastrophic failure, but the red dot disappeared suddenly between shots and would not turn back on. I let it rest for a couple minutes and the red dot came back. I brightened the dot, but the failure occurred again with the dot shutting off completely after only a few rounds.

I'll be contacting Sig and posting how their customer service handles this.

The pistol shoots well, so I am very disappointed that there is no cover plate for the slide so that I can just remove the optic and have the slide covered.

Edit & Update: Spoke to a customer service representative over the phone and the #1 cause of this is the battery being either weak/dead or the cover loosening up. Sure enough, the battery cover had loosened.

I don't have time for more shooting today. However I'll make a range trip next Wednesday again and see if the cover loosens up again. I suppose I might not have tightened it down enough on the initial battery installation.

That's better news that an internal problem. I'll update next week with range trip #2.
    Last edited by IronSight; February 14th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P320 RX - Romeo 1

I just got my p320 compact a week ago. I love how it shoots. I'd like to eventually get the subcompact frame.

(Bucks County)

Sure sounds like a change of batteries might solve the problem. Description mimics a low battery...just enough to energize for a very short time, then the little bit of recovered voltage is gone. Run a watch cell type battery down, and let it recover. It will, but not enough to supply voltage for very long.

I'm hoping that my 40th birthday present this May will be the 320 RX compact. Keep the thread updated with anymore issues you may have.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P320 RX - Romeo 1 ... Update

So, I forgot to update this thread but the last range trip had no issues with the optic. Looks like a loose battery cap was the culprit of the issues I had the first time.

It is going to be a while until I go shooting again. My son was born prematurely yesterday at 29 weeks and I'm going to be in and out of NICU visiting while he is there (will be a while, possibly six weeks or longer). I'm avoiding any possible lead exposure for, at minimum, the duration of his NICU stay.

Thanks for the update on the Romeo 1. Congratulations on your son and good luck and god bless.

(Delaware County)

I have a pair of P320C. Nice guns. Might get a sub-compact frame. Congrats on your new gun.
    Last edited by STBear; March 27th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

I'm waiting on 2017 Sig Sauer X-Carry compact. Anyone knows when it's available?

(Northampton County)

I'm waiting on 2017 Sig Sauer X-Carry compact. Anyone knows when it's available?
    There's a pre order on slickguns.com for $729.99. https://www.slickguns.com/product/si...17-round-72999
    Not sure if that will help or not, good luck,

Smit

(Allegheny County)

I'd love to see a p320 in 10mm
    *edit I'd love to see any new guns in 10mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast