Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Car carry, you have LTCF + its your gun, but passenger doesnt have LTCF= ILLEGAL ?!

My sister-in-law and her husband went to Cabela's (Hamburg) 'NRA weekend', Saturday the 11th.
    They listened to a lecture by an "expert" who told them if YOU have a LTCF and have YOUR carry gun with you, but your passenger does not have a LTCF, you are in violation of the law, even if the passenger is OK to be around firearms/not prohibited. I think this sounds wrong but she (S-I-L) was very concerned about what the expert said. Is the "expert" correct ?

I tried searching this out but only came up with "how to apply for LTCF in PA" and similar results, not answering the question.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Car carry, you have LTCF + its your gun, but passenger doesnt have LTCF= ILLEGAL

Provided the licensee maintains actual possession of the firearm there is no issue.
    Last edited by tl_3237; February 13th, 2017 at 07:25 PM.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Car carry, you have LTCF + its your gun, but passenger doesnt have LTCF= ILLEGAL

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Provided the licensee maintains actual possession of the firearm there is no issue.
    Not an expert on the subject, but I would agree with this. Possession is key.

To me it seems the guys full of shit.
    So if I'm riding around with my kids, and I am armed, they are in violation as well?
    What do my kids need to have LTCF too?
    He's full of shit
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Enfielder View Post
    They listened to a lecture by an "expert" who told them if YOU have a LTCF and have YOUR carry gun with you, but your passenger does not have a LTCF, you are in violation of the law, even if the passenger is OK to be around firearms/not prohibited.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Wow I would be in violation almost every day because my wife doesn't have her LTCF. Guess I'll watch for helicopters and black SUVs.

mediacorporatebullshitclintonbias.jpg

This is why I cannot bring myself to attend any of this shit. I will be "that guy" calling out bullshit every 5 minutes and asking for the citation of law, and providing a copy of the UFA to be referenced for the nonexistent laws.

As it is I'm "that guy" at picnics where the one person that just won't shut up about gun nonsense finally has to me made an example because it's getting too deep to wade through.
    Last edited by God's Country; February 13th, 2017 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    To me it seems the guys full of shit.
    So if I'm riding around with my kids, and I am armed, they are in violation as well?
    What do my kids need to have LTCF too?
    He's full of shit
    Child Services knocking in 3....2....

(Bucks County)

Are you riding in their car and have your firearm under their seat? Then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Are you riding in their car and have your firearm under their seat? Then maybe.
    Under the seat is for the drugs we all know that the gun don't go there the gun goes under the dashboard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast