Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Harrisburg farm complex

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    At the gun show (not the outdoor show) they make you check your gun at the front, they take any mags/ammo and hold it, and let you keep the empty gun. Maybe they'd let you keep the empty mag if you took all the rounds out, but I didn't bother finding out.

I've been to auto, home, farm & gun shows there over time. Only gun show had any restriction. But the restriction at the gun show demonstrates they clearly -can- restrict carry even though it's a state-owned venue.

My guess is when a show promoter is renting out the space and charging admission, it's no longer truly "public" and the promoter can/could restrict carry if they wanted.
    I've never had them keep my mag at the gun shows there. I generally clear the firearm at my car walking in and let them check it, I just put the mag in my pocket. I stop by the restroom and reload on the way out. I open carry generally when I'm there, but if it was concealed I don't know how they would know if you didn't tell them. They don't wand or check you in any way.

As for other events, I've carried both open and concealed at the outdoor show and farm show before and no one batted an eye at either event.

(Bucks County)

No issue at the Outdoor Show at all.......Carry on
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Wayne County)

All depends on the leasee. If some anti gun outfit wanted to rent the building, you would be SOL.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    ... I open carry generally when I'm there, but if it was concealed I don't know how they would know if you didn't tell them. They don't wand or check you in any way.
    Probably true, but there's a difference we often flirt with here between "allowed" and "get away with"... We all make our own choices about "who's gonna know anyway?" But I'm certainly not going to suggest that someone else proceed on that basis.

I'll simply point out that you're walking into a hall full of folks probably as aware as any to the slightest printing or indicators of CC.

E.G. I was in a "check all guns at the front desk" LGS yesterday wearing jeans, tucked-in t-shirt and oversized button-down loose (my usual cool weather "easy-to-CC" garb). I was not, in fact, carrying but had three folks ask if I was just based (I presume) on my clothing since nobody said anything to my two jeans-and-tucked-in-shirt-only companions.
    Last edited by KCJones; February 13th, 2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: clarification

(Jefferson County)

I have been wanded at the motorcycle swap meet last spring . Guess the patch wearing bikers are too scary. Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12