Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Bored With A Gun - Sell or Wait It Out?

I don't have any interest in keeping a huge collection of firearms. Having said that, I'm bored with my GP100 revolver. I did a trigger job on it which turned out great, replaced the front sight with a green fiber optic insert but don't really have any interest in shooting it anymore. When you get this level of bored with a gun, do you put it away for a while or just get rid of it? The reason I don't want to keep buying more and more is because it's a real pain in the dick to pack magazines, speedloaders and ammunition for multiple guns. I don't want to have a bunch of guns I don't shoot. Thoughts?

Default Re: Bored With A Gun - Sell or Wait It Out?

I've sold too many that I later regretted getting rid of. I keep most everything. If it's something redundant then I may consider it but my general rule now is to keep everything. If I were you I would hold on to it for at least a few years, if you still have no interest then get rid of it.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I don't have any interest in keeping a huge collection of firearms. Having said that, I'm bored with my GP100 revolver. I did a trigger job on it which turned out great, replaced the front sight with a green fiber optic insert but don't really have any interest in shooting it anymore. When you get this level of bored with a gun, do you put it away for a while or just get rid of it? The reason I don't want to keep buying more and more is because it's a real pain in the dick to pack magazines, speedloaders and ammunition for multiple guns. I don't want to have a bunch of guns I don't shoot. Thoughts?
    I have stored some of my wealth in firearms, instead of stock market or currency or real-estate.
    If the SHTF, I've got currency.
    If not, I have inflation-resistant durable goods.
    My kids/grandkids can inherit, if I have not yet traded them away for something else.

You can offer it up for trades.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Any asshole that own multiple weapons is a major threat to the safety of our country so i applaud your cooperation in that matter.

(Armstrong County)

My rule of thumb is if I haven't shot a gun in a year, it's time to sell

(Allegheny County)

My boring guns are in the back of the safe, then one day I feel like shooting particular boring gun so I dig it out and shoot it.

I never sell a gun because it bores me, i sell it because either I don't like it or it doesn't shoot up to my expectations or both.

Right now all my 22's and any non SBR gun bores me, but I won't sell them because one day soon I'll regain interest in them.

(Lackawanna County)

I sell nothing. It costs me nothing to stick it in the safe. I don't need money to fund other guns or projects. They sit and I take them out when I feel like it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Any asshole that own multiple weapons is a major threat to the safety of our country so i applaud your cooperation in that matter.
    Shhhhh!!! Don't let Cruzans hear you...

(Clarion County)

Don't understand being bored with a firearm. Perhaps you need to kick this down to the lounge and get some professional advice.
    Actually I loathe letting a firearm go unless I have a definitive reason. Lost a few in my younger days I wish I still had. I'd put it away for awhile.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I've sold too many that I later regretted getting rid of. I keep most everything. If it's something redundant then I may consider it but my general rule now is to keep everything. If I were you I would hold on to it for at least a few years, if you still have no interest then get rid of it.
    I am in this boat. I have a tendency to get rid of things and then months down the road, I realize that it was a mistake. I would hold onto it unless you need cash or get a really good trade offer for something you want more

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast