Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Beaver County)

Default Bored With A Gun - Sell or Wait It Out?

I don't have any interest in keeping a huge collection of firearms. Having said that, I'm bored with my GP100 revolver. I did a trigger job on it which turned out great, replaced the front sight with a green fiber optic insert but don't really have any interest in shooting it anymore. When you get this level of bored with a gun, do you put it away for a while or just get rid of it? The reason I don't want to keep buying more and more is because it's a real pain in the dick to pack magazines, speedloaders and ammunition for multiple guns. I don't want to have a bunch of guns I don't shoot. Thoughts?

Default Re: Bored With A Gun - Sell or Wait It Out?

I've sold too many that I later regretted getting rid of. I keep most everything. If it's something redundant then I may consider it but my general rule now is to keep everything. If I were you I would hold on to it for at least a few years, if you still have no interest then get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I've sold too many that I later regretted getting rid of. I keep most everything. If it's something redundant then I may consider it but my general rule now is to keep everything. If I were you I would hold on to it for at least a few years, if you still have no interest then get rid of it.
    I am in this boat. I have a tendency to get rid of things and then months down the road, I realize that it was a mistake. I would hold onto it unless you need cash or get a really good trade offer for something you want more

Me thinks now is the best time to buy, not a good time to sell.
    At least for the next three years (if things stay on track).

(Lehigh County)

I've regretted selling guns too many times. Now, I hold onto everything. Some day I'll be glad that I did, even if that day isn't today.

(Northampton County)

I have never sold a gun without having sellers remorse later. I just buy another safe now
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Cambria County)

Way I see it, if you ain't shooting it. Get rid of it. Yeah, you may regret it later. But just make sure you REPLACE it with another firearm. That way your not GETTING RID of your guns, your just swapping them out. I have traded guns with folks over and over again. Keeps it fun and interesting. And the ones I wish I had never got rid of. They are now just fond memories. Maybe one day I'll get anohter one just like it, and I'll be happy all over again to have it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm not into revolvers, but I bought a 6" stainless Ruger Security Six. I got bored with it, it didn't do anything for me, so I traded it in. A few years later, I bought a S&W Model 10, a NYPD gun with some nice holster wear and a leather retention holster that looks like it's been in some street scuffles. Aside from being a really well-made revolver with a fantastic silky-smooth trigger, the S&W sparks my imagination. Some cop carried it for years. Who knows what it's been through? I love the thing and feel privileged to own it. The Ruger was just a hunk of metal. I don't miss it at all.

I don't want my safe cluttered with filler. I want the safe to be full of guns (1) that I love, and/or (2) that are the perfect tool for a particular job.

(Bucks County)

I knew of a cop who loved to revolver-fuck the whores downtown. Just sayin'...

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I don't have any interest in keeping a huge collection of firearms. Having said that, I'm bored with my GP100 revolver. I did a trigger job on it which turned out great, replaced the front sight with a green fiber optic insert but don't really have any interest in shooting it anymore. When you get this level of bored with a gun, do you put it away for a while or just get rid of it? The reason I don't want to keep buying more and more is because it's a real pain in the dick to pack magazines, speedloaders and ammunition for multiple guns. I don't want to have a bunch of guns I don't shoot. Thoughts?
    I have stored some of my wealth in firearms, instead of stock market or currency or real-estate.
    If the SHTF, I've got currency.
    If not, I have inflation-resistant durable goods.
    My kids/grandkids can inherit, if I have not yet traded them away for something else.

You can offer it up for trades.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast