Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Bored With A Gun - Sell or Wait It Out?

We live in the NON Obama, NON Hillary era. Buy, and sell at your pleasure. If you don't shoot it, nor like it, sell, and buy something else you really want. Sites like Gunbroker can get you good values.

(Susquehanna County)

I don't understand the idea of getting bored with a gun. After all they're not like women, they don't make demands and if you're not shooting them they don't cost anything to feed. Maybe your GP100 needs a new activity to re-excite interest. Maybe PPC? Or if you like action shooting IDPA or ICORE or plates or whatever. I don't if you've ever tried IDPA with a revolver, but believe me it is very interesting!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Beaver County)

I am bored with it but I wonder if I would miss it. I never thought I would sell my 930 SPX or 590A1 but I sold both of them and don't miss them. We definitely don't need the money, I just don't want a safe full of guns we don't shoot. I'm talking to a guy about buying his Beretta 92. My GP100 is going to collect dust in the safe if I have an M9 and my stunning, glorious fully ambidextrous AR15.

Emptymag, if I do end up deciding to sell it, I will let you know. Full disclosure, I had 2 light primer strikes this past weekend but I had the lightest (9lb I think) hammer spring in it so I'll change that out and test it again the next time I shoot. I never had that happen with the heavier spring so I'm sure it won't be a problem once I switch back.

(Northampton County)

I have never sold a gun without having sellers remorse later. I just buy another safe now
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Cambria County)

Way I see it, if you ain't shooting it. Get rid of it. Yeah, you may regret it later. But just make sure you REPLACE it with another firearm. That way your not GETTING RID of your guns, your just swapping them out. I have traded guns with folks over and over again. Keeps it fun and interesting. And the ones I wish I had never got rid of. They are now just fond memories. Maybe one day I'll get anohter one just like it, and I'll be happy all over again to have it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm not into revolvers, but I bought a 6" stainless Ruger Security Six. I got bored with it, it didn't do anything for me, so I traded it in. A few years later, I bought a S&W Model 10, a NYPD gun with some nice holster wear and a leather retention holster that looks like it's been in some street scuffles. Aside from being a really well-made revolver with a fantastic silky-smooth trigger, the S&W sparks my imagination. Some cop carried it for years. Who knows what it's been through? I love the thing and feel privileged to own it. The Ruger was just a hunk of metal. I don't miss it at all.

I don't want my safe cluttered with filler. I want the safe to be full of guns (1) that I love, and/or (2) that are the perfect tool for a particular job.

(Bucks County)

I knew of a cop who loved to revolver-fuck the whores downtown. Just sayin'...

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I knew of a cop who loved to revolver-fuck the whores downtown. Just sayin'...

(Delaware County)

I have sold seven guns and given away another. They were all replaceable. I have several that will always be with me for various reasons. One fits me right. One is not rare but is a workhorse and does not come up for sale everyday. One is my first gun and was the catalyst for becoming the person I am right now. I have a few others that will most likely be sold or traded at some point. I don't understand the concept of keeping something you don't use or have a specific fondness for.

I say sell it and buy something that will give you enjoyment. If that one gets boring sell it and continue the cycle. I will add my name to the interested list behind EM.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Don't understand being bored with a firearm. Perhaps you need to kick this down to the lounge and get some professional advice.
    Actually I loathe letting a firearm go unless I have a definitive reason. Lost a few in my younger days I wish I still had. I'd put it away for awhile.
    TRuer words have never been spoken.... Unless the thing is a hunk of crap that never held a zero, but good or great firearms? I'll never sell mine. Put it in the safe and take it out next year and shoot it again. Old is new
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast