Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Utah concealed carry permit question

I'm going to take the course to get a cc permit for Utah. Mainly so I can carry in DE. is there any benifit or extra states I can carry in if I get a FL cc permit ? I have had a PA cc permit for over 10 years. Sorry if it's been discussed already.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Utah concealed carry permit question

I've used handgunlaw.us frequently to sort out what permits give you what. Over your UT permit, FL will give you FL and NM. Obviously, do your own research to confirm.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    I'm going to take the course to get a cc permit for Utah. Mainly so I can carry in DE. is there any benifit or extra states I can carry in if I get a FL cc permit ? I have had a PA cc permit for over 10 years. Sorry if it's been discussed already.
    Thank you.
    Since you have a PA LTCF you can carry in FL or UT. Not much of a difference between the two as far as coverage goes. Costwise in the long run Utah is much cheaper, renewals are only $15 compared to over $100 for FL, plus for FL you need a new set of fingerprint cards with each renewal.

As mentioned handgunlaw.us is a good carry coverage source.

Last edited by soberbyker; February 12th, 2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added info

Yea, and Maine is just weird. They're Permitless Carry, but it's restricted unless you have a Maine permit (resident or non-resident.)

Also waiting on NH's govn'r to officially sign into law Permitless Cary for them, and to see if it's restricted or unrestricted.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the quick replies and the map. Looks like I'll just stick with the UT permit. If I ever go to NM I'll just open carry.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the quick replies and the map. Looks like I'll just stick with the UT permit. If I ever go to NM I'll just open carry.
    www.handgunlaw.us

(Erie County)

Haven't look at the map in some time. This page notes 8 states that a permit is not needed to CC.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/USSt...orMyPermit.pdf

At the top of the page.

Anyone who can legally possess a firearm can carry concealed in AK, AZ, KS, ME, MS, MO, VT & WV Without any type of permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Adams County)

Thank you.
    If a state you travel in a lot issues non-resident permits, I would consider getting a permit from that state even if it has reciprocity with PA or UT. I just prefer to have a permit issued by the state I'm standing in rather than trying to explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night. When I asked one state trooper how long it took to determine if my out of state license was recognized, all I got was an earful of attitude about how people shouldn't have loaded guns in their cars.

(Delaware County)

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    If a state you travel in a lot issues non-resident permits, I would consider getting a permit from that state even if it has reciprocity with PA or UT. I just prefer to have a permit issued by the state I'm standing in rather than trying to explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night. When I asked one state trooper how long it took to determine if my out of state license was recognized, all I got was an earful of attitude about how people shouldn't have loaded guns in their cars.
    Unfortunately for the OP, not really an option for Delaware. While DE accepts some non resident licenses getting one from there would only be temporary and you'd have to show a need for it.

Title 11 Chapter 5 Subsection VII 1441. License to carry concealed deadly weapons.(k) The Attorney General shall have the discretion to issue, on a limited basis, a temporary license to carryconcealed a deadly weapon to any individual who is not a resident of this State and whom the AttorneyGeneral determines has a short-term need to carry such a weapon within this State in conjunction with thatindividual's employment for the protection of person or property. Said temporary license shall automaticallyexpire 30 days from the date of issuance and shall not be subject to renewal, and must be carried at all timeswhile within the State. However, nothing contained herein shall prohibit the issuance of a 2nd or subsequenttemporary license. The Attorney General shall have the authority to promulgate and enforce such regulationsas may be necessary for the administration of such temporary licenses. No individual shall be issued morethan 3 temporary licenses.

(l) All applications for a temporary license to carry a concealed deadly weapon made pursuant to subsection(k) of this section shall be in writing and shall bear a notice stating that false statements therein arepunishable by law.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yea, and Maine is just weird. They're Permitless Carry, but it's restricted unless you have a Maine permit (resident or non-resident.)
    Maine is a little goofy, but it's not too bad. No carry in Acadia National Park unless carrying on a permit. State parks require a permit to carry concealed; open carry is not allowed. A permit is required to carry while hunting during archery season. And a permit is required to invoke the "leave it in your vehicle on employer's property" preemption.

Maine does require you to immediately inform a law-enforcement officer during an official contact if you are carrying without a permit. If you are carrying with a permit, this obligation does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Also waiting on NH's govn'r to officially sign into law Permitless Cary for them, and to see if it's restricted or unrestricted.
    The current iteration of the bill simply removes the requirement to obtain a permit for concealed carry. There are no restrictions in the current iteration of the bill. If signed, the bill will also extend the time that the permit is valif from a minimum of four years to a minimum of five years.

For New Mexico, you could pick up Arizona. It's $60 for five years, and you can do it by mail. Class and fingerprints are required (your Utah class will suffice). No requirement for fingerprints to be done by a LEO like Florida.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast