Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prohibited Friend and Ammunition

I feel his screen name will be very defining shortly

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I will say that it sounds a bit fishy that he bought ammo before buying a gun. Just sounds a bit off.
    I have 2-3 calibers in my stash for guns, that I don't have (yet).
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    But you do have other guns. That is where it sounds off to me. I know I am assuming he has no guns but i think it is a safe assumption because convict did not state that he did and that would seem pertinent to the conversation. I also have ammo for guns I don't have anymore or yet.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    I have a friend that is prohibited from owning firearms.
    I've tried telling him multiple times that he can't have any ammo but he won't listen to me.
    Can anyone tell me exactly which law prohibits him from having ammo?? Thx
    Show your "friend" this:
    (g) It shall be unlawful for any person
    (1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
    (2) who is a fugitive from justice;
    (3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
    (4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
    (5) who, being an alien—
    (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
    (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
    (6) who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
    (8) who is subject to a court order that—
    (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had an opportunity to participate;
    (B) restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; and
    (C)
    (i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
    (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or
    (9) who has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence,
    to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Franklin County)

My friend isn't the brightest in the bunch. Which is why he bought the ammo first.

He didn't know he was prohibited because he did something stupid a long time ago when he was young and dumb and he didn't realize it was a misdemeanor of the first degree and prohibited firearm ownership.

Thanks JRswack that may convince him.

Thanks GunLawyer

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Show your "friend" this:
    (g) It shall be unlawful for any person
    (1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
    (2) who is a fugitive from justice;
    (3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
    (4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
    (5) who, being an alien—
    (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
    (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
    (6) who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
    (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
    (8) who is subject to a court order that—
    (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had an opportunity to participate;
    (B) restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; and
    (C)
    (i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
    (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or
    (9) who has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence,
    to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
    I found that as well but it confused me. I thought it only pertained to buying and selling. I am not an idiot but trying to read and understand the actual text of laws is difficult especially Federal laws.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Indiana County)

It seems that all the state laws concerning prohibited persons has to do with their owning, buying or possessing guns - but no mention of ammunition whatsoever.

Federal laws, however, do seem to mention both.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    ...but you're not prohibited so you can fondle all the shells you like

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I will say that it sounds a bit fishy that he bought ammo before buying a gun. Just sounds a bit off.
    I have ammo in calibers that I don't own guns. Things happen. Heck, I even have a couple magazines for guns I never owned....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast