Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Conservative Blogger Found Guilty On 21 Counts For Self-Defense With A Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    This guy was just looking for trouble and he found it. For the first 20 seconds he might have been legitimately threatened and was retreating while pulling his firearm. I don't think any state would have a problem with that.

But WTF! After being in a situation where you had to draw a firearm he comes back and hangs around for another 8 min?
    The threat didn't leave, why should he? That's what "stand your ground" is all about.

Default Re: Conservative Blogger Found Guilty On 21 Counts For Self-Defense With A Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    even if he wasn't completely justified, here in pa, he'd have probably not been convicted.
    depends on *where* in PA. If it was Philly, Pitt, Allentown, etc he would (IMO) likely be charged and convicted. We have 'stand your ground' but only if the attacker displays a firearm or other lethal weapon. I didn't see one.

BTW: HB167 (Rep. Saccone) fixes that and accounts for disparity of force. We will have a petition next week to help get that bill moving. I hope all will sign.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The threat didn't leave, why should he? That's what "stand your ground" is all about.
    From what I've read Oregon does not have a "stand your ground" law and it appears the blogger had every chance to walk away or retreat without having to brandish his weapon.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    From what I've read Oregon does not have a "stand your ground" law and it appears the blogger had every chance to walk away or retreat without having to brandish his weapon.
    That is the problem with that law. He has every right to be there, without being accosted or assaulted. He shouldn't have to run for his life from a bunch of assholes. He was already assaulted and severely injured once by such assholes, IMO, he was in fear of his life or great bodily harm in a place he was legally allowed to be.

NOT GUILTY!

The run for your life laws need to be repealed, they do nothing but empower those that wish to do you harm.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That is the problem with that law. He has every right to be there, without being accosted or assaulted. He shouldn't have to run for his life from a bunch of assholes. He was already assaulted and severely injured once by such assholes, IMO, he was in fear of his life or great bodily harm in a place he was legally allowed to be.

NOT GUILTY!

The run for your life laws need to be repealed, they do nothing but empower those that wish to do you harm.

I didn't say I agreed with the law or this ridiculous ruling especially when no one was hurt, however it was this guy's responsibility to know and comply with that law when he started legally carrying a firearm. I'm wondering if he spent the money on the right attorney who has dealt with these type of issues in the past?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I didn't say I agreed with the law or this ridiculous ruling especially when no one was hurt, however it was this guy's responsibility to know and comply with that law when he started legally carrying a firearm. I'm wondering if he spent the money on the right attorney who has dealt with these type of issues in the past?
    Maybe he intends to appeal this obviously unconstitutional law? His freedom of assembly and expression is being limited by a law that allows the lawless to intimidate and harm.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Maybe he intends to appeal this obviously unconstitutional law? His freedom of assembly and expression is being limited by a law that allows the lawless to intimidate and harm.
    I hope he successfully does and I would also like to see the GOA and NRA put their money where their mouths are and help this guy out if he does appeal and work to get stronger protections in place. I wonder what the outcome would have been if this were a black or gay man who did this at a anti them rally?

NOT GUILTY!

But the run away principle does have a great amount of historic president going all the way back to the time of King Arthur.

Video proof.

(Chester County)

I think the police are responsible for this problem. Any protest should be monitored by the police to intervene for this kind of crap. The police in many of these
    situations are found wanting in their duties whether there was not enough cops or ordered not to intervene with mobs.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    depends on *where* in PA. If it was Philly, Pitt, Allentown, etc he would (IMO) likely be charged and convicted. We have 'stand your ground' but only if the attacker displays a firearm or other lethal weapon. I didn't see one.
    I don't think that's a true statement in this instance. Read section (3) of the statute. This guy was brutally attacked by a similar group earlier, It's not a stretch to believe he thought force was needed.
    The Hostler

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast