Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Indiana Pa Gunshow, S&T Arena, Feb 18-19 2017

Got there late today still found some items and the dealers were willing to deal a little.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I love these little shows, I just wish the people that run this one would learn to promote it properly, I totally forgot to ask about who to contact about settling up a table for the next one.
    The next show will be next year around the same time from what i hear.
    I know a few of the guys from IB&GC who work the show and i hear someone else will be taking over the show next year instead of Rodney Allshouse. I'll try to find out when and who to contact.
    ....Remind me next year lol

From what i was told they, the club, are at max help with the guys there who volunteer to help work the shows, not many members seem to want to help. It sounds like anymore promotion, leading to more dealers and larger crowds that they would be overwhelmed. There were a number of people walking in the side door right by the area entrance knowing full well they didnt pay to get in. They had the look of, huh no one here to pay...look around a few seconds....lets just walk in since no one is here to stop us.
    I mentioned it to some of the guys working the show and they didnt have enough help to have someone stand by the entrance to the turf to make sure no one came in those door. Or at least lock the door to keep from opening it the outside.....
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    The next show will be next year around the same time from what i hear.
    I know a few of the guys from IB&GC who work the show and i hear someone else will be taking over the show next year instead of Rodney Allshouse. I'll try to find out when and who to contact.
    ....Remind me next year lol

From what i was told they, the club, are at max help with the guys there who volunteer to help work the shows, not many members seem to want to help. It sounds like anymore promotion, leading to more dealers and larger crowds that they would be overwhelmed. There were a number of people walking in the side door right by the area entrance knowing full well they didnt pay to get in. They had the look of, huh no one here to pay...look around a few seconds....lets just walk in since no one is here to stop us.
    I mentioned it to some of the guys working the show and they didnt have enough help to have someone stand by the entrance to the turf to make sure no one came in those door. Or at least lock the door to keep from opening it the outside.....
    I have wondered why they don't use the "smokers" door as the main entrance anyway.
    This way no scary guns will be out by the kiddos and the skate moms using the ice rink.
    I'm totally surprised the show has lasted as long as it has knowing how batshit crazy some parents are.

But anyway, I filled out a paper for a table and Mr. Allshouse said he'll make sure I get put on the mailing list from r the next show.
    I had a talk with one of the guys doing the AR raffle and told him they missed out on at least two/five tables because people couldn't find contact info.
    He said he is not a Facebook guy but would most certainly let the ones who are that the info needs posted on the page.

The next show should be the same Presidents Day weekend next year.
    I just hope if a promoter comes in that they don't ruin it with high entrance fees and such.

The guys working the door were great, joked around with my girls, just having a good time kinda guys.
    (Other than the "ARE YOU CARRYING?!?!?!" Guy...)

I like this little show, just like the East Kittanning show that I missed (apparently last weekend) also due to a lack of promoting.
    I have told the door guys multiple times there to find PAFOA and to make sure the show gets listed...

Pony Farm is coming up in March, I'll make a post when I get home later.

(Westmoreland County)

I've always liked this show, small, yes, but usually find something to spend some $$& on there. I was looking for 10mm ammo but I didn't find any at all. I wasn't scouring each table, but didn't see any.
    I did FINALLY hit that damn NRA Wall of Guns though. Tried last year here, plus out in Ohio at an ATA trapshooting event, plus this one. I hit the last drawing Sunday afternoon. Took a Sig P238.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    I've always liked this show, small, yes, but usually find something to spend some $$& on there. I was looking for 10mm ammo but I didn't find any at all. I wasn't scouring each table, but didn't see any.
    I did FINALLY hit that damn NRA Wall of Guns though. Tried last year here, plus out in Ohio at an ATA trapshooting event, plus this one. I hit the last drawing Sunday afternoon. Took a Sig P238.
    Congratulations had a ticket also.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Congratulations had a ticket also.

Thanks! Hope you hit the next one!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    Thanks! Hope you hit the next one!
    Thanks me too. lol
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12