Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: ATF "White Paper" on firearms regulations (not what you may think)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    I'll start by saying I haven't yet read the linked report.

However the ATF folks I've met haven't been bad, just gov't employees with a job. Some are pro gun, others not so. Bottom line is they are charged with regulating gun laws in a professional way, and this includes enforcing regulations as well as looking at the "big picture" on a number of issues.

You kind of skipped over killing everyone in your family or in your entire neighborhood. Sometimes after telling you the legal limit for a shotgun barrel is 17" and asking you to cut one down to that length for them.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(York County)

Can't we just stay on topic about a policy paper and its implications?

A**holes are everywhere, no point in pointing out the obvious. Some are even on the PAFOA forum though I know the thought is shocking.

If I simply wanted to rant, I'd start one on our local SYRPD.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; February 9th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I'd have to guess that ATF officers have better things to do than shuffle paperwork to allow law abiding citizens to own & use gun mufflers...

(Allegheny County)

This paper is awesome. I like everything in it. Unfortunately it was just one man's opinion, and I'm sure his ideas will be diluted and mutilated by our bureaucracies before any regulations are modified.

Not sure why everyone is so happy just over suppressors. The Constitution talks about a militia. Thus, if you read the Federalist papers and believe in strict construction of the US Constitution, machine guns etc. should not be subject to the NFA. The Framers did not tax their flintlock rifles and our equivalent are rifles such as the M-16.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    Can't we just stay on topic about a policy paper and its implications?

A**holes are everywhere, no point in pointing out the obvious. Some are even on the PAFOA forum though I know the thought is shocking.

If I simply wanted to rant, I'd start one on our local SYRPD.
    You're right! I think I spotted one.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so happy just over suppressors. The Constitution talks about a militia. Thus, if you read the Federalist papers and believe in strict construction of the US Constitution, machine guns etc. should not be subject to the NFA. The Framers did not tax their flintlock rifles and our equivalent are rifles such as the M-16.
    Not everyone is happy over suppressors. They are happy that change may come. The end game is the elimination of all restrictions on our rights. Way beyond just guns and related items.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

A couple of assassinations by subsonic .22 rifle will make short shrift of free-marketed suppressors. Too many snowflakes have been produced to stand up to not punishing the many for what is done by the few. Hope I'm wrong...but history is what I am looking at.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    A couple of assassinations by subsonic .22 rifle will make short shrift of free-marketed suppressors. Too many snowflakes have been produced to stand up to not punishing the many for what is done by the few. Hope I'm wrong...but history is what I am looking at.
    Someone planning an assassination will not be hindered by the lack of free market suppressors. They will have no problem getting one on the black market or building their own. I do not believe it will increase them being used in such a way.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Yes, the country will be ruined by an onslaught of killings with 40 grain bullets moving at 900 fps. A fucking knife would kill faster.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast