Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Need help with filing Form 1 for MPX

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can give me advice/ pointers on submitting my Form 1. I have only gone through the Efile process once and that was before 41F so I used my trust.
    My questions are as follows:

1. Can I still use my trust and Efile? If so, I assume all trustee's must be fingerprinted and supply passport photos. Is that it?

2. If "no" on efile, who do I go to for a signature? Note: I am in Eagleville (Montgomery County) but, technically I am under PSP jurisdiction. Not sure that makes a difference or not.
    - For the signature, do you make an appointment with a Sheriff/ LE official?

Has anyone gone through the process post 41? Could share how you went about obtaining/ submitting the forms?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Happy.C; February 7th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Need help with filing Form 1 for MPX

Efile is no longer available with post 41F.
    You need to submit a paper Form 1 along with prints and photos, even with your trust.
    However you do not need a sign off anymore. There is a CLEO "notification" form to fill out and send your CLEO.
    All pages are marked at the bottom as to who gets what copy.

Use these PDFs
    https://www.atf.gov/file/11281/download
    Print pages
    1-2 front/back and page 3 on one side
    7-8 front/back and page 9 on one side
    10-11 front /back and page 12 on one side

The then responsible person questionnaire
    https://www.atf.gov/file/107266/download

There are instructions on the forms as usual if you get hung up.
    Also, no need to get photos for the CLEO portion of the forms.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Delaware County)

I used a trust myself because it made filing forms easier ( no need for a sign off and I was able to efile form1's). Now that they have made the 41P changes in my cas I feel it easier and less of a hassle to file as a individual. The only benefit now for filing as a trust is that whoever is included in your trust can also share in the fun of your toys. As for my my wife (who was on my trust) she could care less about my NFA toys or guns. Going forward I will do what is easier. I am hoping they bring back efiling form1's in that case I would use the trust again unless they allow individuals to efile.

(Centre County)

A few things to remember; If others want to play with your SBR/SBS/Suppressor/MG they can, as long as you are with them, that way it is considered that you still have control of the firearm. It just cannot be taken away from your location. As for the wife or heir, if you die, the SBR/SBS/Suppressor/MG can be passed to your wife or heir by having the executor of the estate file a Form 5 (with fingerprint cards for the person getting the SBR). If they are not sure what to do they can go to a FFL/SOT to have it explained.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate you all taking the time to answer my questions. This helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ftownkev View Post
    I used a trust myself because it made filing forms easier ( no need for a sign off and I was able to efile form1's). Now that they have made the 41P changes in my cas I feel it easier and less of a hassle to file as a individual. The only benefit now for filing as a trust is that whoever is included in your trust can also share in the fun of your toys. As for my my wife (who was on my trust) she could care less about my NFA toys or guns. Going forward I will do what is easier. I am hoping they bring back efiling form1's in that case I would use the trust again unless they allow individuals to efile.
    Just want to mention that eforms should come back eventually. If you go on the eforms site it states on the first page they will have it running again. Having said that, don't expect it to be ready anytime soon, maybe in a couple years? Who knows, the atf take forever and they may get dissolved and assimilated to the FBI by then so a lot of uncertainty in the near future.

Also the reason eforms didn't accept form 1 individuals in the past was because it wasn't setup to accept fingerprint ID cards and photos. Now that trusts also have this requirement I'd assume when they have the new system setup, it'll be useable by individual or trusts.