Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Daylight coyote cam shots

A couple of shots from my game cam I wanted to share with ya'll. It's over a deer carcass. My dog and me had a run in with this yote a few weeks back in broad day light. Typically when I see one, they are like an apparition, however, this one choose to stare us down for about 20 seconds from about 40 yards or less, then lope ina broad circle for another 30 seconds or so, and return to the same area he first appeared from. I believe he was trying to coax my Aussie and feel there were more than one as my dog keyed twice on something over a small rise were this yote appeared from, and that was while he was starring us down.
    I thought they where cool pictures and wanted to share them with someone..

IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Daylight coyote cam shots

Those are some cool pics! I had one stare me down in the Anzac Borrego Wilderness of SoCal in '83. Yours looks a good bit bigger than mine. They can really put a chill up your spine.

(Allegheny County)

I had one stare me down a couple years ago at midnight in my neighbors yard. He was about 20 yds away, I had a light and my Glock pointed at him, he slowly started walking towards me with his head down, I backed off and went back in the house.

I didn't want to shoot, I would of had every cop at my door within 5 minutes.

(Allegheny County)

Cool. Did you set the cam up near a carcass you found?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I backtracked with the dog that day, and scouted the next day in the fresh snow, there was a lot of sign, that's when I found the carcass about 40' from where we had the run in. I mounted my reconyx 500 over the carcass, and that's what these shots are from, then put my Bushnell at a right angle for over watch about 3x the distance as the reconyx. I set that one to 2 pictures and a 10 second video per trigger.
    The bushy records AVI, and images are not nearly as crisp, but it good enough if someone walks off with the other one, and that's typically why I set two at a time.. lol

In the first image the coyote is grabbing a bite of ear jerky.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tollster View Post
    I backtracked with the dog that day, and scouted the next day in the fresh snow, there was a lot of sign, that's when I found the carcass about 40' from where we had the run in. I mounted my reconyx 500 over the carcass, and that's what these shots are from, then put my Bushnell at a right angle for over watch about 3x the distance as the reconyx. I set that one to 2 pictures and a 10 second video per trigger.
    The bushy records AVI, and images are not nearly as crisp, but it good enough if someone walks off with the other one, and that's typically why I set two at a time.. lol

In the first image the coyote is grabbing a bite of ear jerky.
    That is some awesome pictures.

Thank you AR, I was excited to see I finally had some daytime shots, and decent quality. These were the best ones of about 35 images. Most had some blur, or looking away shots, I upjust put in a faster SDCH card, and think is helped. Trigger was set to quality over quantity, so, I do get some blur, but over all pretty happy with the reconyx 500.

Very nice pics. I think you were being sized up when you were circled. Hope you carry extra ammo when you hike.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Wayne County)

Not the kind of shots I would expect from the Tollster. Nice looking dog to make a rug out of.

Found this article someone sent me, it may explain the larger appearance, and perhaps it's attitude. There's no doubt the one in the article is what I saw walking the dog, and what I caught on the cam. Pretty interesting

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...ica-180957141/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast