Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 4 of 4 for 2017 - Oct 21, 2017 (Near Pgh)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I put ..waiting for you to make it to a PGH group shoot.. up there with waiting on EM to post Pictures.. lol hope you can swing it
    I work almost every Saturday. I take vacation time for the central PA shoots. I think I still have a day left since we didn't have a 2nd central one. If I can get it off I'll be there.

(Allegheny County)

Hell, I didn't even recognize you with the new avatar.

Thought you were someone else!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Hell, I didn't even recognize you with the new avatar.

Thought you were someone else!
    Lol

I thought the Hillary one was getting old. You know how hip I am.

(Westmoreland County)

I'll be there however Cindy won't be able to make it so if someone would help with the cooking of the bacon that would be great.

I'll bring the camp stove and cooking stuff. Also steel targets to fill in any gaps. The assortment of steel at the last shoot was impressive.

I've also started gathering the stuff together for the bullseye shoot we discussed at the last shoot. USMC3531 has volunteered to help me with this and it is much appreciated. I've ordered target stands, targets and trophies.

I've put lots of thought and have had several friends and family shoot with what I came up with for the course of fire. I originally wanted to do some one handed shooting but have found this difficult for at least 2-3 people so far with shoulder problems. Being that I want this to be an enjoyable 9 to 90 type shoot we're going to go with all two handed. The course will consist of 30 rounds as follows.

5 rounds slow fire 2 minute time limit twice.

5 rounds timed fire 20 second time limit twice.

5 rounds rapid fire 10 second time limit twice.

There will be two categories. Rimfire and centerfire. You can shoot in one or the other but not both unless for some reason we don't have enough shooters in each category to give out all the trophies then I'll open it up. So be prepared for both! The range will be 50 feet. Standard pistols and revolvers with open sights only are permitted. No optics or AR/AK type pistols. The targets will be black B27 targets. 11X27 for rimfire and 23X35 for centerfire. Scoring will be done in the standard way with shots breaking the line will be awarded the higher score. Shots fired after the ceasefire will each be a ten point deduction for your score. Ties will be broken in a shoot off.

If this goes well we'll continue this into next year. Suggestions are always welcome. Practice!

I'm hmming and hawwing over this, and probably won't make a decision until last minute.

I haven't done ANY backpacking since the weekend with my nephew, due to being tied up with the house buying shit and moving/improving. I really want to maximize my backpacking this fall, since I get falls off (no outage) only every 3 years.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I have been known to burn a piece of bacon in my day and was at one time referred to as the camp "shanty bitch" after i got an archery buck and cooked for the rest of the camp guys.

I would like to see if we could gang bang the bacon though so everyone could get some range time as well.

So count me in as a baconator cooker.
    Yes, I'll bring some steel as well.
    Multitasking.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm hmming and hawwing over this, and probably won't make a decision until last minute.

I haven't done ANY backpacking since the weekend with my nephew, due to being tied up with the house buying shit and moving/improving. I really want to maximize my backpacking this fall, since I get falls off (no outage) only every 3 years.
    Last one until April next year. Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I have been known to burn a piece of bacon in my day and was at one time referred to as the camp "shanty bitch" after i got an archery buck and cooked for the rest of the camp guys.

I would like to see if we could gang bang the bacon though so everyone could get some range time as well.

So count me in as a baconator cooker.
    Yes, I'll bring some steel as well.
    Multitasking.
    Thanks!

(Lycoming County)

I'm putting in to get the day off work. I don't for see a problem, but I won't be 100% yes or no for a week or two. If I can make it, I don't mind helping out with some cooking. I have a pretty good record with group shoot bacon.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I'll be there however Cindy won't be able to make it so if someone would help with the cooking of the bacon that would be great.

I'll bring the camp stove and cooking stuff. Also steel targets to fill in any gaps. The assortment of steel at the last shoot was impressive.

I've also started gathering the stuff together for the bullseye shoot we discussed at the last shoot. USMC3531 has volunteered to help me with this and it is much appreciated. I've ordered target stands, targets and trophies.

I've put lots of thought and have had several friends and family shoot with what I came up with for the course of fire. I originally wanted to do some one handed shooting but have found this difficult for at least 2-3 people so far with shoulder problems. Being that I want this to be an enjoyable 9 to 90 type shoot we're going to go with all two handed. The course will consist of 30 rounds as follows.

5 rounds slow fire 2 minute time limit twice.

5 rounds timed fire 20 second time limit twice.

5 rounds rapid fire 10 second time limit twice.

There will be two categories. Rimfire and centerfire. You can shoot in one or the other but not both unless for some reason we don't have enough shooters in each category to give out all the trophies then I'll open it up. So be prepared for both! The range will be 50 feet. Standard pistols and revolvers with open sights only are permitted. No optics or AR/AK type pistols. The targets will be black B27 targets. 11X27 for rimfire and 23X35 for centerfire. Scoring will be done in the standard way with shots breaking the line will be awarded the higher score. Shots fired after the ceasefire will each be a ten point deduction for your score. Ties will be broken in a shoot off.

If this goes well we'll continue this into next year. Suggestions are always welcome. Practice!
    Sounds like fun. Count me in. I'll bring something for either one, just in case.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm putting in to get the day off work. I don't for see a problem, but I won't be 100% yes or no for a week or two. If I can make it, I don't mind helping out with some cooking. I have a pretty good record with group shoot bacon.
    I can vouch for your bacon cooking skills. Hope you can make it.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast