Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 3 of 4 for 2017 - Aug 19, 2017 (Near Pgh)

Both EM and I have been kicking around ideas for making this shoot better. So I'm going to throw this out there for feedback. We have a 3rd bay available to us that we seldom use. I was thinking of having a simple old fashioned bulls eye shoot on this bay both center and rimfire with some sort of prize, medal, ribbon maybe even trophy for the top 3 shooters in each category. I would be free. The range around 25 yards. 30 rounds 10 rounds slow fire 2 minutes one handed, 5 rounds timed 20 seconds x2 and rapid fire 5 rounds x2 10 seconds. Timed and rapid would be two handed. We don't really have the space for anything tacticool.

I think I'm going to go ahead and proceed with this for the October shoot unless I'm persuaded not otherwise to see how it works.

Let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    maybe we will see you at the next machine gun group shoot in Sept .
    No doubt
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Allegheny County)

I stepped in dog poo today, but since this is a classy event, I hosed it off my shoe when I got home.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Well, I've been putting off doing something with my steel targets.
    When I stopped going to these shoots, I gave away a couple spring plates stands, the hanging steel ( 3 pieces ) and a dueling tree that was gifted to me to a couple guys who took over running the shoots for a while.

I had purchased 5 8" round hangers in AR500 of which I gifted one of those to a board member and bought a couple sets of what I envisioned to be roughly a head (6" ) and COM 7 1'2" by about 8 or 9 inches high.

I put one together with just wood supports to see if it was a feasible target and the head swings back wildly when hit so I believe its too light in 3/8" AR plate.

So today I got out the Lincoln 250 Tombstone welder and mudded together a few pieces I needed to somewhat finish.

I ended up with these.
    https://flic.kr/p/XD49aR

2017-08-18_06-12-18 by poofy27, on Flickr

I'm not sure how to embed Flickr yet so you will have to click the link to see it.

I made a swing for 3 of the 8" AR500 rounds and the old wooden posts for the 4th which I had chain on.
    I finished the 2 vertical supports for the head/COM dual target, have a resetting popper on a wooden sawhorse and one nwhich sits on the ground.
    I also have 2 of the old spring targets. These 2 are mild steel and need to be upgraded to AR plate down the road.

Instead of breaking everything down, I just jammed everything into my truck for tomorrow AM.

O will likely only bring pistols with perha[ps my Chicom AK with German plastic cored bullets and the Spanish FR8 also with plastic bullets.
    Couple Glocks a couple Kahrs, a couple wheel guns and maybe the Colt 1991A1.

I should be there just about 9ish to help set up the steel and anything else that needs done.

Having just taken a tactical pistol class, I could regurgitate some of that info idf anyone wants the absolute basics of handgun manipulation, stance, grip, sight alignment / picture / trigger manipulation /follow through. and perhaps correctly loading and unloading a handgun. 15 minutes after the safety briefing if anyone wants to. I do have the NRA cert for pistol instruction if that's a concern. I also have the RSO cert if needed.

If not, I will shoot guns and maybe have a piece of bacon or 2 with my coffee and enjoy a few hours with yinz.

The bullseye bay sounds cool although I can't see the bullseye very well but I'll be in there trying to split a bullet on an axe and breaking 2 balloons at once.
    Last edited by 27hand; August 18th, 2017 at 08:10 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Flickr...

Lower right are some symbols. The "curved" arrow next to the star is the "share" button.
    Then select BB Code.

You can click the drop down to choose what size to display.
    Then copy the highlighted URL and paste that into your post.

I hate that it also includes a line of text under your photo saying that it's from Flickr, but I just hit "preview post" (here - under "go advanced") and then delete that line of text from under the photo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Flickr...

Lower right are some symbols. The "curved" arrow next to the star is the "share" button.
    Then select BB Code.

You can click the drop down to choose what size to display.
    Then copy the highlighted URL and paste that into your post.

I hate that it also includes a line of text under your photo saying that it's from Flickr, but I just hit "preview post" (here) and then delete that line of text from under the photo.
    Thank you sir.

Got it.
    Last edited by 27hand; August 18th, 2017 at 08:11 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I stepped in dog poo today, but since this is a classy event, I hosed it off my shoe when I got home.

Did it smell like bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Well, I've been putting off doing something with my steel targets.
    When I stopped going to these shoots, I gave away a couple spring plates stands, the hanging steel ( 3 pieces ) and a dueling tree that was gifted to me to a couple guys who took over running the shoots for a while.

I had purchased 5 8" round hangers in AR500 of which I gifted one of those to a board member and bought a couple sets of what I envisioned to be roughly a head (6" ) and COM 7 1'2" by about 8 or 9 inches high.

I put one together with just wood supports to see if it was a feasible target and the head swings back wildly when hit so I believe its too light in 3/8" AR plate.

So today I got out the Lincoln 250 Tombstone welder and mudded together a few pieces I needed to somewhat finish.

I ended up with these.
    https://flic.kr/p/XD49aR

I'm not sure how to embed Flickr yet so you will have to click the link to see it.

I made a swing for 3 of the 8" AR500 rounds and the old wooden posts for the 4th which I had chain on.
    I finished the 2 vertical supports for the head/COM dual target, have a resetting popper on a wooden sawhorse and one nwhich sits on the ground.
    I also have 2 of the old spring targets. These 2 are mild steel and need to be upgraded to AR plate down the road.

Instead of breaking everything down, I just jammed everything into my truck for tomorrow AM.

O will likely only bring pistols with perha[ps my Chicom AK with German plastic cored bullets and the Spanish FR8 also with plastic bullets.
    Couple Glocks a couple Kahrs, a couple wheel guns and maybe the Colt 1991A1.

I should be there just about 9ish to help set up the steel and anything else that needs done.

Having just taken a tactical pistol class, I could regurgitate some of that info idf anyone wants the absolute basics of handgun manipulation, stance, grip, sight alignment / picture / trigger manipulation /follow through. and perhaps correctly loading and unloading a handgun. 15 minutes after the safety briefing if anyone wants to. I do have the NRA cert for pistol instruction if that's a concern. I also have the RSO cert if needed.

If not, I will shoot guns and maybe have a piece of bacon or 2 with my coffee and enjoy a few hours with yinz.

The bullseye bay sounds cool although I can't see the bullseye very well but I'll be in there trying to split a bullet on an axe and breaking 2 balloons at once.
    Looks real good. We'll have plenty of steel, thanks!

(Allegheny County)

I have a can of purple spray paint I will donate to the cause.
    It doesn't quite match Mrs EM's purple AR (bought it to paint accessories) and found another one that does match.

bullseys sounds fun even if just for bragging rights

(Allegheny County)

looking good!!!!

I don't see anyone asking about 00 buck and the steel .....

so will the steel hold up to 00 buck..................asking for a friend...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast