Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2017 - APRIL 22, 2017 (Near Pgh)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazylaser View Post
    My BFS3 trigger should be here Wednesday. That will be going into a pistol lower, I can't wait to bring that out with the .22 upper. Should be fun for all who bring .22 to shoot up.
    check with some "elder" pmsc members cause i know full auto and bumpfiring is a nono

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    check with some "elder" pmsc members cause i know full auto and bumpfiring is a nono

This is an accurate statement.

I had no idea what a BFS3 trigger is so I just looked it up.

Technically it isn't full auto or bump firing although I suppose the use of such a device may be perceived as such by those unfamiliar. (guessing - I haven't watched a video yet)

The potential problem with simulated full auto fire is that club members (who hear this gunfire while at other parts of the club) go to the next club meeting raising holy hell over the fact that "somebody at that poofa thing wuz shooting full auto up there and we don't need those people here!!!"

Granted, a 22LR isn't going to be as easily noticed as 5.56, but still.

Not sure how to approach this one.
    I would post the question regarding such a trigger on the club's forum, but there are already a few people there who have a stick in their ass about PAFOA as it is and will just start up with their ranting about stopping the shoots or increasing the fees.

I'd prefer not to stir a hornet's nest or add any unnecessary drama.
    All the behind the scenes drama is why I stopped organizing the shoots in the first place so many years ago.
    I'll see if I can find an answer regarding the usage without drawing unwanted attention from the wrong people.

EDIT: I would also like to add this in regards to the rule regarding FA/bumping.
    The club DOES allow full auto IF it is approved in advance by the board of directors. More or less I've seen a few FA "events" that were held there, but for our purposes I'm not pursuing such a request due to the additional baggage involved with getting approval and added safety protocols.
    While bump firing can be done safely, it can also be done in an unsafe manner. Bumping from the hip isn't as prevalent with the advent of bumpfire stocks which do help with muzzle control, but the concern is that not all people can/will be good about keeping rounds going into the backstop.
    The club is surrounded by highly populated areas and it would take a single round leaving the club to put an end to it all.
    Personally, given the great amount of freedom in shooting otherwise at the club, I can accept this rule as a necessity born of location and the litigious world we live in.
    Last edited by Emptymag; February 14th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

IMG_3482.JPG
    Don't be fools!!

The only gear EM is bringing is lawn maintenance gear, and anyone who shows up will be drafted into a work party!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    IMG_3482.JPG
    Don't be fools!!

The only gear EM is bringing is lawn maintenance gear, and anyone who shows up will be drafted into a work party!!

I challenge you to a chainsaw duel!

If my health issues allow me to shoot i may attend.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    If my health issues allow me to shoot i may attend.

That would be awesome!

Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure that my rifles are not too "black" as to cause alarm. I will keep my rate of fire down to that of a muzzle loader the way our founders intended.

Edit: I'll also email MGT about my intentions, I doubt they'll deny it once they see my shot groups. But to avoid issue for PAFOA and simply bring it out another non-group shoot day.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Westmoreland County)

If I'm off that morning I'll be there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    From the PMSC rule book:
    (Members have lost their membership over this)

10. Full auto is not permitted except for Board approved events. Simulating full auto firing is also not permitted whether it be through the use of bump firing, slider mechanisms or other techniques.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    From the PMSC rule book:
    (Members have lost their membership over this)

10. Full auto is not permitted except for Board approved events. Simulating full auto firing is also not permitted whether it be through the use of bump firing, slider mechanisms or other techniques.

"Or other techniques". LOL!

What about making that "Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh-Ehh!!!" sound I used to make when playing army as a kid?

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast