Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default NRA says to support Monica Douglas!

I just received an email from the NRA supporting Monica Douglas, PA. I just went to her site and donated $25 by paypal. She is running against David Levdansky, VERY anti-gun. Her website is: www.monicadouglas.com

Here is the email:

s you already know, Pro-Second Amendment candidate, Monica Douglas won her Primary write-in campaign earlier this year. She now heads to the General election to face longtime anti-gun incumbent Representative David Levdansky, from the Monongahela Valley. But she still needs help financially to win in November.

Your help is still needed in this effort by being a "$2 for the 2nd" donor. Thousands of gun owners from across the state have already met this challenge. However, our goal is to reach 50,000 gun owners to donate two dollars to help preserve the Second Amendment.

Why support Monica? Her opponent, Representative David Levdansky has become the poster child for Cease Fire Pennsylvania, the most outspoken anti-gun group in Pennsylvania---and the spokesman for the anti-gun Philadelphia Legislative Caucus.

Earlier this year when the gun debate raged in Harrisburg, Levdansky stood on the Capitol steps as the keynote speaker at a rally with Philadelphia legislators calling for "gun control measures". In fact, the Philadelphia Daily News recently reported that Levdansky:

"stood up to withering questioning and attacks from the National Rifle Association and its surrogates in the House to strike a blow for gun-regulation sanity."

After the latest gun control scheme was defeated this past April in Harrisburg, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported:

"Levdansky and others suggested that, going forward, gun-control advocates needed to take a page out the NRA's playbook: amass an army of volunteers and supporters across the state."

Levdansky tells constituents that he "believes our Constitution grants the right to bear arms" and yet his voting record and statements throughout his career show a disdain for individual liberty. As an example, at a Game and Fish Committee hearing in 1986 in Clarion, PA, Levdansky said, "insofar as the constitutional question of the right to keep and bear arms is concerned, I think that that argument is rather hollow and shallow . . . At best, I think that the right to bear arms argument is nothing more than rightwing, ideological rhetoric and ought to be dismissed as such". His statements and voting record reveal his true beliefs and his position on these issues cannot be trusted.

Now it's time to send a message!! By joining together we can send a message to Harrisburg that the ongoing attacks against the Second Amendment have gone too far!!! It's time we stood up against the withering innuendo and attacks on the Second Amendment by Levdansky. Years ago, a Levdansky mailer to female constituents claimed that 'NRA' stands for 'No Rational Argument' but this election we can show him that it really means 'Not Reelected Again'.

Levdansky 'arrogantly' claims he is untouchable in his district! This is the election that gun owners can and must remove the voice of the anti-gun agenda in Harrisburg. Please be a "$2 for the 2nd" contributor today. All donations should be sent to:

Citizens for Monica Douglas
    300 Bryce Lane
    Elizabeth, PA 15037
    www.monicadouglas.com

If you would like to volunteer please contact the campaign at 412-551-4891 or by email at mdouglas@monicadouglas.com.

Please ask your friends and families to participate as well.

Remember, together we can make the difference!
    ------------------

Who is the Real David Levdansky?

Session 2007-2008
    HB 1536 - 'Requires' Mandatory Training for Firearms Purchase

HB 1701 - Bans the carrying of firearms in the Capitol

HB 1893 - Mandatory Firearms Training for CCW

Session 1999-2000
    HR 391 - Anti-Gun Group Support Resolution

HR 505 - Smart Gun Mandate & Government Economic Extortion against Gun Makers

HB 2599 - Lifelong Firearm Prohibition for ANYONE seeking 'voluntary' Mental Health Care

HB 1719 - Enhanced Gun Show Penalties for Sellers

HB 1720 - Mandatory Stolen Firearm Reporting with a penalty of Misdemeanor 1

HB 1721 - 'Strict Liability' for ANY person whose gun is misused by a child

HB 1722 - 'Unlimited' civil liability for child misusing a firearm

Session 1993-1994
    HB 2600 - Omnibus Anti-Gun Legislation limiting possession, adding waiting periods, mandating storage protocols for firearms, redefining semiautomatic firearms as assault weapons (including semiautomatic handguns) and establishing civil liability for parents.

HB 2440 - Rep. Michlovic Semi Auto Ban

HB 2443 - Gun Dealer Restrictions (Gun dealers would be prohibited from selling at gun shows)

HB 2968 - Mandatory Training before a CCW License could be issued
    Every person is created equal and is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal.

-Wise Man, circa early 21st century.

(Chester County)

Default Re: NRA says to support Monica Douglas!

I also contributed. Paypal makes it easy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I also contributed. Paypal makes it easy.
    Great! I hope everyone makes at least a small donation.

The anti-gunners seem to be taking a page from the NRA book. They are organizing. This must be countered.
    Every person is created equal and is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal.

(Beaver County)

Me, too. I hope she wins. We need more pro-RKBA candidates!
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Monroe County)

So i see a whole lot trashing the crap out of the current scum bag but I don't see anything about the new one we are trying to vote in... who is she? how do we know she is a fan of the 2nd A? Its a great platform to run on... is she going to keep it though?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    So i see a whole lot trashing the crap out of the current scum bag but I don't see anything about the new one we are trying to vote in... who is she? how do we know she is a fan of the 2nd A? Its a great platform to run on... is she going to keep it though?
    2 clicks: http://www.monicadouglas.com/issues/firearm-rights/

I just contributed $10 to her.

(Allegheny County)

Monica has been a member of Firearm Owners Against Crime for 10 plus years.
    (they do the Pro-Gun voters guides) http://www.foac-pac.org/

Levdansky has NO SUPPORT from any statewide gun owner / sportsmen’s group.

In fact, every gun club in that district that FOAC has visited has un covered two things, one Levdansky is trying to buy the club members with state grant money, and virtually every member considers him a despicable character but they are surprised at how bad his record Really IS.

These are the endorsements Monica has so far.

1 NRA
    2 PFSC -PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
    3 USP - Unified Sportsmen of PA
    4 NSSF - National Shooting Sport Foundation
    5 LifePac - christian / pro life group
    6 Abate (Motorcyclists)
    7 FOP Lodge 47 - police
    8 FOAC - Firearm Owners Against Crime

The record of FOAC is clear, in not supporting any candidate clear on the issue.

In this race Monica Douglas received a very rare 100% grade on the most difficult questionnaire in the state and if you doubt this, ask any candidate.

Gun Owners are laying the ground work for the incumbent’s record and then we will follow up with a flier out lining Monica’s positions and beliefs in the next couple of weeks.

In advance of that flier, please know that Monica Douglas is a strict constructionist of the Constitution and she lets that be her guide post.

Levdansky is one of the most despicable and manipulative politicians to every hold office and his continued career in the legislature is of state wide concern to all. IF you want to send a message to leadership in the house of representatives helping us remove this Constitutional traitor should be one of your highest priorities

See and Note the attached flier who stands with groups trying to take your firearm rights away.

The anti-gun group Mother Against Gun recently had a rally in the state capital lobbying for more gun control look at Rep Levdansky proudly standing with this anti-gun group.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Monroe County)

very cool, thanks for the info.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Montgomery County)

very cool, thanks for the info.
    I hope more step up to the plate and make a small donation.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    I hope more step up to the plate and make a small donation.
    or get personally involved and donate some of their time

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...a-douglas.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast