Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default The 550 Paracord Thread

Lets see what you have done with 550 Paracord...barrel wraps, stock wraps even knives, etc...

I'm thinking about doing a stock wrap on my new AR pistol but I need some ideas!

Post your pics below...anything goes as long as it is wrapped with Paracord!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Montour County)

Default Re: The 550 Paracord Thread

543819_543910762299418_231170434_n.jpg

Single point /two point sling
    Last edited by ICarryGlock19; February 25th, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I forget what they call this, but when the MFT Minimalist stocks came out all the operators who operate operationally ragged on the stock because the "open" design created a "hook" that would somehow get all snagged up in your chest rig and get you killed - or some dumb shit like that.

Then someone created this "solution" to their fantasy problem and I guess they had to find something else to complain about.

You can buy one from MFT already installed on their stock, or alone for you to add to a stock for $25 - or you can buy and use 8' of paracord and do it yourself.

I figured I'd give it a try and I chose red to add to the other red accents on the carbine.

It's NOT difficult. If I can do this, anyone can.
    Believe me - my brain was bleeding when I first started looking at videos on how to do paracord knots. I thought "no effing way", but once I found a good video I was able to make sense of it and I did it in about 15 minutes.
    I screwed up a few times right after I started and had to undo it and restart, but that was just because I didn't have a "system" down for remembering the sequence. Once you figure that out it's super-easy.

Closeup of the "end". You cut it, then heat/melt and smoosh the end to keep it from coming out.

I forgot to take a pic, but I used it to make a loop through a slot in my rail to mount my sling. I didn't want to use the HK hook on my hand guard because it didn't move freely and would scratch it to hell, so I just made a paracord loop to attach the sling to.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I have to learn the different weaves with paracord, have some projects I need lanyards.

Saw this pretty cool "tool" for paracord on a Youtube vid. http://www.spooltool.com/

Here is my S12 wtih paracord on the stock. It really helps the stock from slamming against your cheek.

(Allegheny County)

Pretty simple, but it serves its purpose.