Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Obama's legislative accomplishments in the Senate

I searched the Library of Congress for bills and resolutions sponsored by Obama.
    Co-sponsored bills were omitted because it seems to be agreeing with someone else's legislation.

The results contained 70 pieces of legislation.

58 have 9 or fewer co-sponsors including 13 with no co-sponsors. That is just under 83%.

Of the remaining 12, ten have been "Referred to Senate committee." or "Referred to Senate subcommittee" in 2007 some as early as January of 2007.

The remaining two are
    S.453 : A bill to prohibit deceptive practices in Federal elections.
    Latest Major Action: 10/4/2007 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 411.

and

S.2433 : A bill to require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
    Latest Major Action: 4/24/2008 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 718.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Obama's legislative accomplishments in the Senate

I missed his accomplishment in the 109th congress.

[109th] S.2125 : A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Became Public Law No: 109-456

Obviously Sarah Palin was lying when she said

"But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post

[109th] S.2125 : A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Obviously Sarah Palin was lying when she said

"But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

Ah... but I'm sure she was looking for a law or reform that benefited the USA? LOL

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(York County)

she wasn't lying. I don't consider those major laws or reforms. Just fluff if you ask me. He only put those thru cause he was planning on trying to become president.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    she wasn't lying. I don't consider those major laws or reforms. Just fluff if you ask me. He only put those thru cause he was planning on trying to become president.
    I couldn't find the [sarcasm] tags for my message...

(Lycoming County)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post

President of what? The Democratic Republic of the Congo Although it does fit with his adherance to the "Black Liberation Movement" principles. Rev. Wright does push the notion that all blacks owe allegiance to the "motherland". Perhaps BO was paying more attention on Sunday mornings than he lets on

Be safe.

Scott

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    I searched the Library of Congress for bills and resolutions sponsored by Obama.
    Co-sponsored bills were omitted because it seems to be agreeing with someone else's legislation.

The results contained 70 pieces of legislation.

58 have 9 or fewer co-sponsors including 13 with no co-sponsors. That is just under 83%.

Of the remaining 12, ten have been "Referred to Senate committee." or "Referred to Senate subcommittee" in 2007 some as early as January of 2007.

The remaining two are
    S.453 : A bill to prohibit deceptive practices in Federal elections.
    Latest Major Action: 10/4/2007 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 411.

and

S.2433 : A bill to require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
    Latest Major Action: 4/24/2008 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 718.
    Hmmm . . . I guess he could have done something practicle about this by helping his brother in Kenya. Nah it's easier to submit legislation and MAKE me pay to help his brother.

(Berks County)

"Obama's Legislative Accomplishments"... sounds about as odd as a wooden nickel.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas