Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Taurus PT 22

Default Taurus PT 22

Trying to "fix" the son-in-laws PT 22. Have no way to determine what is wrong because the trigger is in the fired position and I'm not getting ANY movement! Not familiar with this firearm. Who's the expert on the PT 22? And where to start?

Sgt Steve

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Taurus PT 22

If memory serves me right you can lock this firearms trigger. Could it possibly locked?

(Delaware County)

You never answered me. Have you tried hitting it?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Yoooo I thought you were kidding! Like the old TV trick (back in the 50s and 60s)...ie...smack the TV on the side and maybe the picture comes back on. mpan I believe someone has tried to do just that "hit it" and they've bungled the trigger transfer bar and possibly broken a pin or spring on the trigger assembly. Usually I'll ask the question and then dig for a sketch or drawing. Or...best of all...have some other owner take a few pictures of the "guts" of their firearm and post it.
    Sgt Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    You never answered me. Have you tried hitting it?

Nope, checked it out red dog and the trigger isn't locked however it's in a "fixed" but loose position as if it were just fired.

Sgt Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    If memory serves me right you can lock this firearms trigger. Could it possibly locked?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSteve View Post
    Yoooo I thought you were kidding! Like the old TV trick (back in the 50s and 60s)...ie...smack the TV on the side and maybe the picture comes back on. mpan I believe someone has tried to do just that "hit it" and they've bungled the trigger transfer bar and possibly broken a pin or spring on the trigger assembly. Usually I'll ask the question and then dig for a sketch or drawing. Or...best of all...have some other owner take a few pictures of the "guts" of their firearm and post it.
    Sgt Steve
    I was looking for something last night. I could not find anyone with the same problem. What I did find was a bunch of stuff about trigger problems and issues with the mag safety.

OK, yep, it is unlocked. Not used to this firearm and I don't have the "key" but the safety fastener is flush with the rear of the grip and from what I can tell it is unlocked.

Sgt Steve

Hey mpan,
    Well just applying general firearms experience it looks to me as if the trigger spring mechanism is "under" the pin.
    Second there is a thru hole in the very top of the trigger itself and the pin in the frame (that looks like it should penetrate the hole in the trigger) doesn't have anything touching or mounted on it...That, and the spring, are allowing the trigger to "float" in the fired position.
    As well the transfer bar is not moving and without the pin penetrating the hold in the top of the trigger I can't see anyway it would move.
    So I'm gonna' tear it down!
    Sgt Steve

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSteve View Post
    Hey mpan,
    Well just applying general firearms experience it looks to me as if the trigger spring mechanism is "under" the pin.
    Second there is a thru hole in the very top of the trigger itself and the pin in the frame (that looks like it should penetrate the hole in the trigger) doesn't have anything touching or mounted on it...That, and the spring, are allowing the trigger to "float" in the fired position.
    As well the transfer bar is not moving and without the pin penetrating the hold in the top of the trigger I can't see anyway it would move.
    So I'm gonna' tear it down!
    Sgt Steve
    Good luck, let us know how it works out.