Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default mossberg 472 pca repair

So my buddy loaned me his 472 and asked me to look at it and shoot it. Well it wouldn't lift rounds to the chamber. So I tear in to it. But anyone fairly experienced I am open to criticism. I am learning this stuff as I go. What would you guys do different? I am trying to learn and improve my skills.

Last edited by GTO Kroh; February 1st, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: mossberg 472 pca repair

1st is not to post a vid about dishwasher cleaning.

Looks like it has the same guts as a Marlin 336. Is it clean? Did you take it apart?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    1st is not to post a vid about dishwasher cleaning.

Looks like it has the same guts as a Marlin 336. Is it clean? Did you take it apart?
    Dishwasher cleaning?? I fixed it... dunno WTF happened there

yea Its in the video taken apart I had to manufacture a elevator plunger from bar stock

(Monroe County)

Looks can be deceiving. What an PITA. Great fix.

Couple respectful notes-
    1-Recoil assy? I think you meant hammer spring.
    2-Don't use the camo as your background. It was hard to visually track the parts with the camera's focus issues. Nice soft solid color (red) that contrasts. I really hate the vids on black gun mats. Black parts on black mat. uggh
    Lastly you say how it's mushroomed several times but never explain why this is the point of failure. What caused it? How does what ever it's rubbing on look?
    Love the side tongue comment. It happens alot with guns like that.
    For making the new parts awesome, I know zilch about it so I can't comment.
    To bad your on the other side of the state sooner or later I'll get a project that could use your skill.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Looks can be deceiving. What an PITA. Great fix.

Couple respectful notes-
    1-Recoil assy? I think you meant hammer spring.
    2-Don't use the camo as your background. It was hard to visually track the parts with the camera's focus issues. Nice soft solid color (red) that contrasts. I really hate the vids on black gun mats. Black parts on black mat. uggh
    Lastly you say how it's mushroomed several times but never explain why this is the point of failure. What caused it? How does what ever it's rubbing on look?
    Love the side tongue comment. It happens alot with guns like that.
    For making the new parts awesome, I know zilch about it so I can't comment.
    To bad your on the other side of the state sooner or later I'll get a project that could use your skill.
    Thanks for the pointers. Yea. A tube out the back with a spring. Can you tell I mostly work on semi autos. Lol. Buy yep. Hammer spring. And the deformation is caused bye the little plunger I made is on the feed elevator and it's the part that makes contact with the lever. It basically times everything in there. It the point of constant contact and is the part that wears in those most common (also why a completely unavailable part) I can get about everything else for that rifle. But that.