Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Any instructors teach safety classes or facilitate shooting clubs at schools?

I have started a discussion with my kid's school, it is private, not uber rich snobby private though. I would like to dialogue with anyone who is already doing this. The gun club I shoot at regularly holds jr safety classes, I am going to be in contact with them also.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Any instructors teach safety classes or facilitate shooting clubs at schools?

I do for Scouts.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Adams County)

Default Re: Any instructors teach safety classes or facilitate shooting clubs at schools?

Anyone dealing with kids is going to need to be a Certified NRA Range Safety Officer and have insurance. Scouts and pretty much ever other youth group require this. In Central PA we have Youth Field Days as well which are pretty popular.

I hear this instructor is available.

gunsafe.jpg
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Corey G View Post
    Anyone dealing with kids is going to need to be a Certified NRA Range Safety Officer and have insurance. Scouts and pretty much ever other youth group require this. In Central PA we have Youth Field Days as well which are pretty popular.
    I have my NRA certs. But BSA events are not insured. I get they gave up years ago dealing with insurance. We do "risky" events. So the self insure.
    But I would think the school would have some.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Out on this side of the state, we have schools with rifle teams. I shot for my high school and we are one of the smallest public schools in the state.

(Venango County)

Depending on the age of the kids, some schools in NW PA do the Eddie Eagle programs. And I think the Game Commission still does hunter safety programs at some schools.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I have my NRA certs. But BSA events are not insured. I get they gave up years ago dealing with insurance. We do "risky" events. So the self insure.
    But I would think the school would have some.
    I do youth field days and other youth events Young Marines, etc. We use the NRA insurance, its reasonably priced for what it is, nothings inexpensive with putting on these type of events anymore.

I never get tired of this gun safety 'professional'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWWJaTEdD0
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Monroe County)

So OP was any of this an help?