Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default PSA 7" AR Pistol

I just ordered a PSA 7" Keymod upper with a KAK flash can! I don't even have a lower yet but man, I couldn't pass up this deal from PSA! I know...it will probably have poor balistics with a 7" barrel and it will throw fireballs for 10 feet but is that really a big problem for a "Fun Gun?"

Barrel Length: 7"
    Gas System: Pistol Length
    Barrel Profile: A2 Style
    Barrel Steel: 4150V Chrome Moly Steel
    Barrel Finish: Black Nitride
    Chrome Lining: No
    Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28
    Chamber: 5.56 NATO
    Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
    Barrel Extension: M4
    Diameter at Gas Block: .750"
    Gas Block Type: Low-profile
    Muzzle Device: KAK Industries Flash Can
    Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 No T-Marks
    Receiver Type: M4
    Hand guard Type: PSA 9" Lightweight Keymod Free Float
    Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
    Bolt Steel: Carpenter 158
    Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
    Charging Handle included: Yes

Now, I need some build ideas for the rest of the gun...post some photos of your AR pistols. The shorter the better!! I'm going to need sights, LPK and especially some type of pistol buffer tube. Not sure if I want to go hex, micro or Shockwave Blade? Lets see some pics and specs on your flame thrower!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PSA 7" AR Pistol

My 10.5" is pretty fun with the flash can

Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Allegheny County)

Mine doesn't throw flames because I tamed it with a PWS CQB comp.

I'll buy a flamethrower separately.

Primary Weapons Systems product vid (short)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Here's a nice review showing it being put to use in the dark.

I'm not saying you need one - just that it's a good product to consider if you should decide later that fireballs are not your thing.
    I have no regrets on buying this product.

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah, I might change my mind down the road, but I am kind of looking forward to the fire balls and sonic booms! LOL!

(Allegheny County)

If you go the "brace" route, the Shockwave Blade is much more compact and light than the SIG brace - it's also much less costly.

If you do go with a Blade, I suggest getting the KAK buffer tube that was designed to work with it. The KAK buffer tube has dimples on the underside which allow you to adjust the position of the Blade and then use a set screw to snug it up using one of the dimples to keep it from moving.

See pic with the Blade unit positioned alongside the tube to show the dimples...

Another thing to consider is the ability to mount a sling.
    I've never seen a gun equipped with a SIG brace that has a sling - perhaps a single point could be used, but what if you want a 2-point sling mounted closer to the rear?

That's an added bonus of the Shockwave Blade - it has 3 sling points already built in and a QD attachment point could easily be installed if so desired.

My pistol...

(Westmoreland County)

Nice. I think I will go with the Shockwave Blade kit. I might also do a single point sling adapter receiver plate just for good measure. I'm going to have to look for a lower receiver...can you use a virgin face to face purchased receiver or does it have to be recorded as a pistol lower? I'm going to have to call GRoPA up and see if he has any of those Anderson lowers??

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Nice. I think I will go with the Shockwave Blade kit. I might also do a single point sling adapter receiver plate just for good measure. I'm going to have to look for a lower receiver...can you use a virgin face to face purchased receiver or does it have to be recorded as a pistol lower? I'm going to have to call GRoPA up and see if he has any of those Anderson lowers??
    Smart. I used a QD end plate when I built mine just to give me the option should I wish to use it at some point. It's not in the way and may never be used but it's there.

I'm not getting into that whole lower can/can't be used for this/that changed from this to that or not argument again.

AIM has Andersons for $39.95
    They just got more in a few weeks ago. (looks like only 14 avail at the moment)
    If you buy, call in the order, or call in after you order and request USPS shipping. It's not an option online, but they will manually change it and adjust the shipping price. (this can be done because you are not billed until it ships) I think it cost me around $5-$7 that way as opposed to around $12 UPS.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I'm going to have to look for a lower receiver...can you use a virgin face to face purchased receiver or does it have to be recorded as a pistol lower?

No need to worry about the lower as long as you build it into a pistol first. It's not a "pistol" or a "rifle" as far as the ATF is concerned, it's marked as "other" on the form. No need to buy one that says "pistol" on it. GROPA can confirm.
    Order the one from AIM linked by EM and select GROPA as the FFL. I just bought one last week from AIM with a lower parts kit. Been wanting to build a pistol for a few years now.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

I ended up using the Shockwave after having the SigBrace for a while. I like the SW much better. Its just clamped down on the original PSA buffer tube for now, but eventually I'd like to swap that out as well.

I topped it off with a Vortex StrikeFire and the Magpul BUIS that are on the rifle found their way onto the pistol now.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast