Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Best way to sell gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    My curiosity got the better of me, I went back and read through the thread.

What kind of guns were these?
    Because many guns go up in price over the years.
    So getting 50% of the original price might sound good until the gun has increased in value 300% since new.

Example?
    A Calico M100 was about $350 brand new back in the 90's, now that's a $800-1000 little rifle new in the box.
    A NIB pre-Remlin Marlin 336 might have been $269 when new, but now demands a premium.
    A Dan Wesson .445 Supermag was about $1000 a little over 20 years ago when new, now a NIB one would fetch twice that easily.

I sure hope the OP didn't sell off anything that has greatly increased in value for 50% of the original price, because if he did a dealer somewhere is smiling ear to ear.
    I bought a Finn mosin model 39 for pennies over $70 out the door about 20 years ago. It just sold at auction for $400. I paid 20% auction fee leaving me $320, which is about 4.5 times my cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GunWhatGun View Post
    I've been thinking about downsizing and selling some pistols and rifles that I haven't shot in awhile. I've bought on Gunbroker before. But is worth it to try to sell on Gunbroker as an individual? Or is it worth it to try selling on the Classified section on the forum?
    Obviously, just selling at the local gun store is the easiest. At the LGS, of course, they need to make money on the transaction, so what is a typical percentage of the price you might see on Gunbroker or other sites that you might be offered?
    What have been your experience? Just trying to figure out whether it's worth the headaches and fees? Thanks for any info.
    If it were me, I would sell them on GunBroker and just pay their fees, and the FFL transfer cost. The market is just way bigger than locally, and then you can sell your guns online using a website like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but you won't net the most doing this. If you want to make the most from them you'll do it selling them for yourself to the end buyer.
    Last edited by PAFOA Moderator 033; October 17th, 2022 at 11:04 AM. Reason: spam reduced

(Montgomery County)

Delete

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345