Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 108 of 339 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

4 today..

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/crime/...lice/508261588

Clerk Pulls Shotgun On Man Trying To Rob Store: Police

WINSTON-SALEM, NC -- Winston-Salem Police are looking for whoever tried to rob a Winston-Salem store and had the tables turned on them!

Police say they responded to the A-Z Patterson Grocery on Patterson Avenue just after 5:30pm Monday.

Police say a man wearing a black jacker, light colored pans, and black shoes entered the store, pulled out a handgun, put a bag on the counter and demanded money. When a customer entered the store, police say the suspect was distracted, and that's when the clerk pulled out a gun of their own. Police say the clerk pointed a shotgun at the suspect and the suspect ran away. No one in the business was injured during the incident.

http://6abc.com/news/police-homeowne...kford/1683531/

Police: Homeowner shoots, kills intruder in Frankford

FRANKFORD (WPVI) --
    A home invasion robbery has left a homeowner injured and one of two suspects dead in Philadelphia's Frankford neighborhood.

It happened around 11:15 p.m. Monday on the 1900 block of Pratt Street.

Police say a 27-year-old homeowner was returning home with his wife and four daughters, ranging in age from 5 months to 4 years old.

His wife went upstairs to put the girls to bed, when someone knocked on the door. The father answered the door, there was a struggle, and he was shot both in the mouth and the leg.

The homeowner also had a weapon, and fired back at one of the suspects, striking him in the head.

That suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. The second suspect fled on foot on Pratt Street.

Police say eleven shots were fired during the struggle. It appears the homeowner was defending his life and property.

One witness described the moment help arrived on the scene.

"He came crawling to the front steps. When the officers assisted him, they him put him on a stretcher," said witness Freddie Camara.

The homeowner was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital for treatment. He is in serious condition.

Police say a substantial amount of alleged marijuana, packaged in separate plastic bags was found at the scene. The narcotics unit was notified.

Investigators are also checking nearby surveillance cameras for information.

The wife and children were not hurt.

I’ve been sitting on this one for a couple of weeks since it’s Hawaii an who knows what their self defense laws are like. As of now no charges have been brought against the homeowner.

http://khon2.com/2017/12/26/self-def...ssing-in-back/

Self-defense? Ewa Beach resident shoots man suspected of trespassing in back

By Sara Mattison Published: December 26, 2017, 7:19 pm Updated: December 26, 2017, 7:34 pm
    An Ewa Beach man arrested in connection with a shooting on Christmas Eve has been released from custody.

The shooting happened in a gated neighborhood on Laaulu Street.

According to sources, a 51-year-old resident found two men that were wearing masks on his property.

He told the men he had a gun, and then shot one of them in the back as he was trying to run away.

Some wonder whether he really did anything wrong.

The man that was shot took himself to the hospital and was listed in stable condition.

Attorney Victor Bakke says Hawaii’s self-defense law will protect you, but it depends on the amount of force used.

The shooting took place at the bottom unit of the home where crime tape still remains.

Bakke says a person needs to be in serious danger in order to claim self-defense.

In this circumstance where one of the trespassers was shot in the back, Bakke says the self-defense law could protect the resident.

“Absolutely shooting someone in the back can always be open to interpretation,” Bakke explained. “If they were inside the house then it’s pretty clear that they probably will get shot, and that would be justified.”

“It does make me feel more comfortable that we are trying to defend our home and not let them try to come in,” resident Marcus Rodrigues said.

“I have a three year old daughter and a wife. I will do anything to protect my family for sure,” resident Kyle Palmer said.

Protecting property is not enough to justify the use of force. You also cannot claim self-defense if they can retreat in complete safety.

“The law says the homeowner has to believe that he is in immediate danger which means as soon as he’s confronted he has to make that split second decision,” Bakke explained. “Usually it’s much better to make that decision on your side and be careful because it is better to be judged later by 12 than it is to be carried by 6 at a funeral.”

KHON2 reached out to police to find out more about the case, and if the trespassers will be facing any charges.

We’ll let you know when they get back to us

This is a hard story to follow, but in the end it sounds like an armed citizen used a gun to end a threat.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/37269317/e...out-speaks-out

Man injured in Ft. Mitchell Dollar General shootout speaks out
    Monday, January 15th 2018, 4:57 pm EST

FORT MITCHELL, AL (WTVM) - A shootout at a Fort Mitchell Dollar General that ended in one man's death and two others injured is under investigation.

One of the men injured says he wants to set the record straight on what happened that night.

After all the speculation among people in the Fort Mitchell area Justin Davidson says he wants to make it clear he did not shoot first nor were his intentions to kill anyone that night.

“I can tell you that it was in self-defense,” said Davidson.

Justin Davidson talks on the phone from his hospital bed at Midtown Medical after a deadly shootout that ended at the Dollar General on Sweetwater Bridge Road in Fort Mitchell.

Davidson says he and his wife were coming from Columbus and going home to Seale when what appeared to be two teenagers in a car driving beside him started yelling and driving erratically around him.

“They started flying around us like they wanted to race us,” he said.

Trying to find out what the intentions were of the other car, Davidson says he continued to follow hoping to find out who was behind the wheel and notify police of the alleged road rage.

The car led Davidson to the Sunoco gas station along Highway 165. When arriving at the station, Davidson says, he saw a man, he says is Lorenzo Freeman standing in the middle of the street, with a shotgun in hand.

Davidson continued, “so we flip around and do a U-turn and he jumps in his car and starts chasing us.”

Davidson says he did multiple maneuvers to get away.

His wife was on the phone with his mother's boyfriend, Ernie May, who was meeting them in the area. Davidson says he took the phone to let May know what was going on.

Davidson proceeded to pull his car by the stop sign at the corner of the Dollar General and got out of his car and walks towards Freeman, who is standing near the Dollar General parking lot, both men with a gun in hand. Pleading with Freeman not to shoot, he said.

“Sir please stop, please stop, put your gun down, and then boom, he shot me," Davidson recounts the moment before shots were fired.

Davidson says after being shot, he fired rounds back, then Davidson's mother's boyfriend, Ernie May arrived on scene.

May stops his truck in front of Freeman to block him from shooting Davidson again, then Freeman walked over and pointed his gun inside the car and shot May, Davidson said.

Davidson claims the last thing he remembers is Freeman stumbling down in the Dollar General parking lot as he laid on the ground.

"It’s sad that Lorenzo had to die, and I'm heartbroken that it stemmed from those two teenagers," Davidson said.

The Russell County Sheriff’s department has not released any information on the teenagers that Davidson says started this incident.

Davidson says he will be out of the hospital in the coming days.

His femur is shattered from the gun wound, and May, the second victim, had to have a blood transfusion after being shot in the chest, according to Davidson.

Davidson concluded his conversation with News Leader 9's Parker Branton by saying he doesn't believe this is a road rage incident, "this is an incident where two teens, 18-20 year-olds were out causing trouble. Davidson says he is retired military and he is upset one of his “brothers” died during the incident.

This is a bizarre story. A father who had no parental rights to his children tried to take his 3 kids at gun point. The adoptive father was alert enough to realize something was going on and armed himself. Beyond that it’s hard to tell if the adoptive father having a gun made a difference or not. I am including the story though because it is possible that the kidnapper would have had an easier time taking the kids if the adoptive father did not have a gun.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-gunpoint.html

Police: Man tracked kids to adoptive parents, tried to take them back at gunpoint

Published: January 15, 2018 1:06 pm Updated: 23 hours ago
    GRANTSVILLE — Police have arrested a man who they say tracked his three children to their adoptive home and tried to take the kids back at gunpoint in a harrowing encounter Sunday night.

Police say Tyler Nuckolls, 27, armed himself with a pistol and hid out in the Grantsville home of his three children's adoptive parents Sunday night, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in 3rd District Court.

According to the affidavit, the adoption of the children, all under the age of 14, was a closed adoption, and Nuckolls, who has no parental rights to the children, was ordered to have no contact with the family. Police noted he had never been to the home before and it was unknown how he had found out where they lived.

Nick Shurtz, a cousin of Nuckolls, said Monday it is believed Nuckolls had learned the name of one of the adoptive parents through an innocent comment by one of his children when he still had some visitation with them in foster care. Then, Shurtz said Nuckolls went on social media to determine where the family lived.

Shurtz, who said the two cousins were like brothers when they were young, described Nuckolls now as "extremely dangerous, unpredictable and delusional."

While Nuckolls' relatives didn't know where his children had ended up after the adoption, they had heard the kids were doing well, but feared Nuckolls would one day act on his threat to get the children back.

"I think in the back of our minds, we were always kind of nervous that Tyler would get an idea in his head (that) he was going to get those kids back," Shurtz said.

According to the affidavit, the children's adoptive father noticed something strange when the family returned to their home Sunday, so he grabbed a shotgun before proceeding into the house. Once inside, he was confronted by Nuckolls who claimed he was a police officer and that the man was under arrest, according to the affidavit.

A scuffle ensued, which continued as the men made their way out of the house and to the car, according to the affidavit. The father then urged Nuckolls that they should put their guns on the ground, but when the man set down his shotgun, Nuckolls grabbed it, pointed it at the man, and demanded his car keys so that he could leave with the children, the affidavit states.

The father instead threw the keys over a fence into a neighbor's yard, according to the affidavit. The neighbor — who spotted Nuckolls scrambling over his fence, shotgun in hand, and retrieving the keys — called police, the affidavit states.

When Nuckolls returned, the children's adoptive mother fought him as he climbed into the car and put the keys in the ignition, according to the affidavit. As he drove off, Nuckolls shoved the woman out the car door and dragged her for about 24 yards before crashing into a tree, the affidavit states.

The woman was then able to get the oldest child out of the car while two witnesses retrieved the two smaller children, according to the affidavit. She then fought with Nuckolls while the children were rushed to safety, the affidavit states.

Once the children were out of the way, the woman fled and Nuckolls took off in the damaged car, according to the affidavit. Police in Tooele spotted Nuckolls, who ignored officers' lights and sirens and turned onto several different streets, allegedly trying to evade them.

Nuckolls then abandoned the car, taking off on foot, until officers chasing him managed to tackle and arrest him, according to the affidavit.

Nuckolls was booked into Tooele County Jail for investigation of offenses including child kidnapping, aggravated burglary, aggravated assault, aggravated robbery, theft, trespassing, impersonating an officer and failure to stop and the command of law enforcement.

With Nuckolls in police custody, Shurtz said he hopes the terrorized family will be able to heal.

"I'm shocked that he was so violent and pointed guns at the adoptive parents. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for them," Shurtz said. He went on to add, "Hopefully this is the thing that can keep him away for a long time so that he can not disrupt his family's lives anymore."

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local/...tgun/508553446

Man Attempts To Rob Wrong Store As Cashier Pulls A Shotgun

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Essam Ahmed serves dozens of customers ever day.

But Monday, one interaction went much differently.

"Put everything here, I need all the money you have or I will kill you," said an attempted robber.

At the AZ Patterson Grocery in Winston-Salem, a man came in wanting to know about fidget spinners. Then he asked about some of the cell phones. But then, he pulled a gun.

"I thought about my family, my wife, my son, my daughter. What they could do if that guy shot me," said Essam Ahmed, a manager of the AZ Patterson Grocery.

So many things went through Ahmed's head because he knew, with just a pull of the trigger, his life could be over.

"55 years of my life looks like a fast movie on my eyes," said Ahmed.

Ahmed admitted he was afraid, but he made up his mind, not to give up the money.

Because at the end of the day, he has to look at himself in the mirror.

"My late father taught me many times, you have to protect yourself, you have to protect others, you have to be a good guy, you have to respect yourself. If that guy had gotten the money, I don't be able to respect myself," said Ahmed.

So as the man was distracted by someone outside, Ahmed pulled out a shotgun of his own, and the man bolted.

He says that decision could have cost him his life, but at least he would have known he did the right thing. Even now, he says would do the same thing.

"Yes, because this is my mentality. This is my beliefs. If you do the right thing every day, every time, sure God would bless you," said Ahmed adamantly.

4 today.

https://www.ktts.com/news/local-news...in-springfield

Gunfire Breaks Out During Attempted Burglary In Springfield
    Don Louzader

Police say shots were fired during an attempted break-in early Tuesday morning at a home at the corner of Missouri and Elm in Springfield.

Officers say the homeowner shot at a man who tried to get into his house.

The man did suffer some injuries related to the break-in, but officers say he was not shot.

The would-be burglar was taken to a local hospital.

An update with more info on post 1050

https://www.abc15.com/news/crime/upd...obbery-suspect

UPDATE: Business owner shoots North Phoenix robbery suspect
    Joe Enea

PHOENIX - The Phoenix Police Department says a business owner shot a robbery suspect and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

The incident happened at a business near Greenway Road and Tatum Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. Friday.

Police say the injured suspect, and 28-year-old Brittany Reid, arrived at the store about an hour before it opened and waited in the parking lot for the owner to come.

They reportedly followed him into the store when the male suspect produced a handgun. The business owner ducked behind the counter and pulled his handgun, shooting the male suspect in the leg.

Police say the store has automatic locks on the door and customers must be buzzed in and out, preventing Reid from escaping.

The 30-year-old man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect has yet to be identified by police.

Greg Nutt owns the Smoothie King one door down from the business and told ABC15, “We’ve been here for 17 years now, and we’ve never experienced anything like this,” Nutt said. “It’s a very nice neighborhood, very quiet.”

Reid allegedly admitted to knowing the suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    5 today.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...obbery-suspect
    Phoenix PD: Business owner shoots robbery suspect

abc15.com staff
    PHOENIX - The Phoenix Police Department says a business owner shot a robbery suspect and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

The incident happened at a business near Greenway Road and Tatum Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. Friday.

Police say the man was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. Another suspect also involved in the robbery was not injured and was detained at the scene.

The name of the business and identity of the suspects has not been released.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

Possible self defense from Upper Darby. I know the area well from the 80’s

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...mestic-dispute

Upper Darby man shot dead in domestic dispute
    By Rose Quinn, Delaware County Daily TimesUpdated: 4 secs ago
    UPPER DARBY >> A township man who was shot in the abdomen during an apparent domestic-related incident Monday night died a short time later in surgery, one week before his 25th birthday, Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Tuesday.

While circumstances involving the death of Seifuddin Collier remained under investigation, Chitwood said they have identified the alleged gunman and he is claiming self-defense. The superintendent did not release the name of the alleged 21-year-old gunman because he has not been charged with a crime.

“This is an ongoing investigation,” Chitwood said.

It was about 9:30 p.m. Monday when police were dispatched to the area of Midway and Millbank roads. Arriving officers found Collier with a single gunshot wound to the abdomen. Collier was transported to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where he underwent emergency surgery.

“He died on the operating room table,” Chitwood said.

After the shooting, according to Chitwood, the alleged gunman returned to his home in the 500 block of Littlecroft Road, where he called 911 and reported that he had just shot a man.

The 911 dispatcher told him to go outside and put the gun the middle of the street, which he did,” Chitwood said. Police subsequently recovered a .9 mm handgun, loaded with the exception of one bullet, the superintendent said, noting the individual has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Recovered on the ground at the scene with Collier were two additional firearms, a .22-caliber and a .9 mm, both fully loaded, Chitwood said. Collier did not have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, the superintendent said.

At this point, Chitwood said the shooting appears to have resulted from a “complicated” domestic-related incident that seemingly involves the former girlfriend of the gunman, as well as a woman presumed to be her cousin who police suspect may have provided a firearm to Collier just prior to a confrontation with the gunman.

“The Readers’ Digest version is there was an ongoing dispute between the victim and the shooter,” Chitwood said.

According to Chitwood, the gunman and a woman were getting into a car when they reportedly were confronted by Collier.

“Collier allegedly approaches the shooter, words are exchanged. (Collier) racks a .9 mm ready to fire at the gunman who then pulls out his 9 mm and shoots (Collier) in the stomach,” Chitwood said.

According to the Chitwood, the female identified as the cousin of the ex-girlfriend of the shooter owns a .9 mm and has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

“How the victim obtained the .9 mm is part of the investigation, as well as how the other firearm got there,” Chitwood said.

No charges have been filed against anyone in this incident, said Chitwood, noting that the final determination involving any charges will be made by the Delaware County District Attorney’s Office.

Collier’s death marks the second homicide in Delaware County for 2018.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/1...-shot-in-butt/

Police: Man attacks brother with shovel, gets shot in buttocks
    No immediate arrest in Fort Collins case, investigation ongoing

Kieran NicholsonJanuary 16, 2018 at 9:48 pm
    A man attacking his brother with a shovel was shot in the buttocks by a third man inside a Fort Collins home, police said.

The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office received reports of the shooting about 2:50 p.m. in the 400 block of Timberline Road, according to a news release.

The sheriff’s office said a 29-year-old man was attacking his adult brother with a shovel when another resident, a 54-year-old man, fire one round from a handgun into the floor to stop the attack. As the assault continued, a second round was fired, and the shovel-wielding attacker was hit in the buttock. The adult brother also was injured.

The suspect wounded in the rear end was taken to a hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening. The brother who was attacked was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

No one was immediately arrested. An investigation is ongoing.

Page 108 of 339 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast