Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 339 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Gross says his girlfriend and son were in the house at the time of the home invasion.
    Step one, get married. Step two, then have offspring. Hopefully the son is too young to comprehend bearing the shame of being illegitimate.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Step one, get married. Step two, then have offspring. Hopefully the son is too young to comprehend bearing the shame of being illegitimate.
    I really don't wanna hijack this thread, but I am MUCH more concerned with:
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    ...After a brief struggle, Gross says he ran outside, grabbed a gun from his car, ran back inside and then shot both men...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I really don't wanna hijack this thread, but I am MUCH more concerned with:
    There were people still in danger inside the home. I'd say good shoot.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There were people still in danger inside the home. I'd say good shoot.
    Absolutely good shoot.

My concern was that he had to go outside AT ALL...

Police ID passenger fatally shot by taxi driver in ‘self-defense'

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/polic...nse-/458919833
    ST. LOUIS COUNTY - An investigation is underway after police say a taxi driver shot and killed a man in self-defense while driving on Interstate 70 early Sunday morning.

Around 1 a.m., police responded to the area of eastbound I-70, west for Jennings Station Road on a call of a shooting.

Once on scene, officers found a 48-year-old man fatally shot in the back seat of a taxi minivan. He's been identified as Ahmad Saramah of St. Louis.

A 70-year-old taxi driver was taken into custody at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation. The taxi driver told police an altercation occurred with the man while driving westbound on I-70 and in fear for his life, he shot the victim in self-defense.

Anyone with information should contact the St. Louis County Police Department at 636-529-8210 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371-8477.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    We have .. ah.... ECLIPSED ... Transcended... moved beyond ....the whole "Shame" thing...

The millennials care not one whit about marriage before breeding.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Indiana County)

Millenials have their priorities all out of whack. If you're going to build something to last, first you build a firm foundation.

1. Graduate from school.
    2. Get a job.
    3. Get married.
    4. Have offspring.

Do them out of sequence and you risk screwing everything up.

Old school may indeed be considered "old school", but it works. "New and improved" isn't necessary so.

Not trying to be difficult but I was hoping to keep this thread solely as examples of armed citizens protecting themselves without people having to wade through a bunch of conversations to find the examples. Would it be possible to copy the post in question and start a new thread on the article in question?

Thanks for any consideration.

I have come across a ton of stories where the article sounds like a justified shooting but the DA is investigating to determine whether charges are necessary. The vast majority of time I save the article and do follow ups. There almost never seems to be another article which I take to mean charges were not deemed necessary. Here is a story that I think will fall into that category.

Police say man fatally shot had history of domestic violence

http://www.ktvn.com/story/35941649/p...estic-violence
    LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police say a man who was involved in a fatal shooting may have been protecting a woman from her boyfriend.

Police say the man encountered the couple as the woman was running away from her boyfriend on Thursday night. The woman's face had signs of physical abuse and was bleeding. Investigators believe the she had been abused for hours before the shooting.

According to police, her boyfriend had a history of domestic violence.

Police have not released deceased man's name but identified him as an African-American man in his 50's.

The man was not arrested after the shooting, but is cooperating with law enforcement. Officials are determining whether the man fired in self-defense and if he will face charges in the shooting.

Here we have a person who was charged in 2015 for shooting an intruder in his garage. He was recently found not guilty after a trial.

Jury Finds Former Green Beret Innocent In 2015 Shooting Of Home Intruder

http://taskandpurpose.com/jury-finds...home-intruder/
    An El Paso County jury on Monday acquitted a Green Beret of negligent homicide for fatally shooting an intruder in his garage.

Michael J. Galvin, 35, was found not guilty of the sole count against him in the Nov. 3, 2015 death of Robert Carrigan, who authorities say was shot three times in the back, allegedly as he tried to escape through the garage door.

After a two-week trial, a seven woman, five-man jury rejected the charge after roughly a half day of deliberations.

“The jury worked very hard in this case, and we’re grateful that the jury got it right,” said one of Galvin’s attorneys, Julia Stancil.

During trial, Galvin’s attorneys highlighted Galvin’s military training in arguing that he knew how to identify a deadly threat. They argued that evidence showed Carrigan “lunged” for Galvin’s pistol in the dark, forcing the homeowner to defend himself. They also accused the prosecution of mischaracterizing autopsy findings to support their theory that Carrigan was shot in the back.

The encounter happened in a garage set back 25 feet from Galvin’s house after he saw his bicycle lying in the backyard and went back to investigate.

The negligent homicide count alleged that he was guilty of a “gross deviation” from what a reasonable person would do in his place. Prosecutors said he should have waited in his house and called police, or else used his pistol to hold the intruder at bay.

A former member of the 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Carson who now serves in the Colorado Army National Guard, Galvin could have faced up to three years in prison if convicted.

Several jurors declined to comment on their way out of court. At least four women on the jury stopped in a courtroom hallway to embrace Galvin’s wife, Ariel, including a juror who showed up for closing arguments on Friday wearing a shirt that read “ARMY.” As Galvin’s relatives and supporters quietly celebrated in the courtroom, members of Carrigan’s family exchanged embraces with the prosecution team. Carrigan, who lived in the neighborhood where he died, was described at trial as a troubled man who had turned his life around in recent years only to relapse into drug addiction, causing him to lose his house and live on the streets.

“We believed in our case, we still believe in our case, and we respectfully disagree with the jury’s decision,” said prosecutor Sam Burney.

Prosecutors previously acknowledged that the case could hinge on interpretations of Colorado’s so-called “make my day” law, which provides legal protections to homeowners who use deadly force against intruders.

But those protections are limited to dwellings, defined by state law as buildings “used, intended to be used, or usually used by a person for habitation” – raising the issue of whether a detached garage qualifies.

Under make my day, Colorado residents are permitted to use force against intruders, including deadly force, if they reasonably believe intruders intend to use “any degree” of force against them.

The state’s self-defense statutes provide a somewhat higher threshold. To lawfully use deadly force, a person must have reasonable ground to believe that he or someone else is at risk of being killed or seriously injured, and that a lesser degree of force is inadequate.

Page 22 of 339 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast