Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 253 of 339 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://fox6now.com/2019/07/01/very-...ence-incident/

Very traumatizing:’ Mom emotional after she said her son shot, killed her husband

MILWAUKEE -- A south side family is reeling after a domestic violence incident turned deadly. The victims in the case are torn apart for many reasons -- and following the incident, their lives have been changed forever.

The woman involved says she's feeling a lot of emotions. She said her husband of 20 years was the man who was shot and killed, battered and bruised. She didn't want to show her face, but she shares an important message.

Just for anybody out there that is going through this... get help," said the woman. "Just speak up. Don't be afraid."

She wishes she would have heeded to her own advice.

"You feel guilt for a little bit, saying maybe if I stopped this a long time ago, it would have never happened," said the woman.

Chaos erupted in her home near 22nd and Burnham after she says her husband Cesar Torres-Segura came home early Sunday morning

He was really drunk, super drunk and he just got home and started beating me up," she said. "[He] grabbed the gun and just started threatening me. 'I'm gonna kill you, I'm gonna kill you,' pointed it to my head."

While she was paralyzed by fear, she says her kids tried to stop him.

"I was on the floor, covering for my life," she explained.

She details what happens next.

"I just heard him say, 'Leave my mom alone! Stop! Leave my mom alone!' I just heard shots, that's it. I didn't see anything. I just heard the gun shots. I don't know if one went loose... I don't know."

Police say it was her young son who intervened.

"He just said, 'We are not going through fights anymore, Mom'," said the woman.

While the 12-year-old was trying to protect his mom, she is worried he is the one who is now going to need some aid.

"I think we all need therapy, we all need help," said the woman. "It was a scary thing. Very traumatizing."

Sadly, this was not the first case of domestic violence the couple experienced. If you or someone you know is dealing with domestic violence, there are resources available. Click HERE for more information.

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/...3-0e0e0faa7790

Suspect fires gun at home, man inside shoots back
    The man was transported to a local hospital but not with a gunshot wound
    Author: Madeleine Dart

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — On Sunday morning around 10:30 A.M., a Corpus Christi man heard knocking on his door. When he answered, there was another man at the door.

Police said the suspect wanted to talk to someone in the home in the 3200 block of Virginia Street but that person was not available. The man then showed his gun as someone inside the home so he retreated inside.

Then, the suspect shot at a window which shattered the glass. The man inside of the home reportedly shot back but was injured by the loose glass. He fired at least one time, according to CCPD.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital with minor injuries. The suspect, however, is still on the run.

Luckily, the home has surveillance cameras and CCPD said they will continue to investigate this incident. They ask if anyone has any information regarding this case to contact them at (361) 826-2600.

We’ll see how this one goes.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/investig...ac2678249.html

ACSO: Argument between homeowner and stepson ends in shots fired, incident still under investigation
    Jennifer Lindman Updated 32 min ago | Posted on Jul 7, 2019 0
    ANDERSON, S.C. (FOX Carolina) -- Deputies are on scene investigating a reported shooting, after a call came in that a person was shot in the leg in Anderson, Sunday afternoon.

According to dispatch, a person showed up to a gas station along Highway 28 with a gunshot wound and called law enforcement.

Sergeant Foster with Anderson County Sheriff's Office informed media that the shooting took place at a home along West Wood Drive prior to the call.

An older male subject had asked his stepson to leave the home several times, the stepson did not comply, he became more aggressive toward the homeowner, who felt he had no other choice then to fire at the son, deputies say.

Authorities say at least one shot was fired, striking the stepson in the shin.

Deputies say the scene is still under investigation at this time.

Stay with FOX Carolina as we learn more.

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/...9-b55bf2d8ed35

Don't make me do my job' | Security officer exchanges gunfire with man trying to break into his home

Michael Miles said he warned the would-be intruder before opening fire, saying he needed to protect himself.
    3 minutes ago

Author:Alex Shabad

Published:6:17 PM EDT July 8, 2019

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A homeowner is speaking out hours after getting into a shootout with a would-be intruder.

It happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday on Darbyshire Place, not far from the Northlake Mall. No one was hurt, but the suspect remains on the run.

The case is raising an interesting question: What are your rights to defend yourself as a homeowner? NBC Charlotte looked into North Carolina law to get answers.*

The homeowner, Michael Miles, said he’s a state certified security officer so he knew what to do in the situation. He warned the would-be intruder before opening fire, saying he needed to protect himself.

"I wake up to a series of knocks, that turned into kicks, someone was trying to break into my home," Miles told NBC Charlotte.

Miles said he was forced to do something at his home that he’s never had to do on the job as a security officer -- fire his gun.

"My training just went in,” Miles said."

Miles described to NBC Charlotte what he was thinking as the suspect tried to break down the door.

"'What are you doing? Don’t make me do my job,'" Miles said. “He was kicking the door to the point the door was coming off the hinges, so he was not in my house, but he was in my house and I had to defend myself at that time.”

Police said the suspect took off but not before returning fire. *

"Shortly after I shot, he was shooting back into my house," said Miles.

There was shattered glass visible at the front door of the home, but no one was hurt. Neighbors said they were glad to hear how it ended.

"I am glad he was able to defend himself," said neighbor Alexa Myers.

"I love it; more should have protection," said neighbor Melvin White.

The NBC Charlotte Defenders team looked into North Carolina’s Stand Your Ground Law about your rights to defend yourself as a homeowner. A homeowner must be present and in fear of their life or safety to use lethal force.

"If you are in your home or place of business and somebody intrudes into your home, there is a presumption you are in reasonable fear," criminal defense attorney Melissa Owen previously told NBC Charlotte. "A man can view his home as his castle to defend, that said I think people need to be very careful in using force."

Miles said during the attempted break-in, he had no choice but to act.

"This person was adamant about getting into my house, to the point where you have no regard for what’s going on inside, so I have to protect myself," Miles said.

For hours on Monday, his home remains a crime scene with yellow tape and shattered glass.

"That’s a man’s peace. And I didn’t get that today," Miles said.

No arrests have been made in the case

https://www.dailycommercial.com/news...-duty-deputies

Cops: Wildwood man tried to rob off-duty deputies

WILDWOOD — Sumter County deputies arrested a man Sunday accused of using an online sale as a lure in an attempt to rob two Hernando deputies at gunpoint.

Terrance Terrell Jones Jr., 19, was charged with two counts of armed robbery and assault, one count of possession of a firearm by a felon and violation of probation after he reportedly pulled a gun on off-duty deputies who arrived at a Wildwood home to a promise of jet skis for sale, according to a Sumter County arrest affidavit.

When they arrived, Jones allegedly met them instead of the man in the ad, pulled out a gun and reportedly refused to drop it when they revealed themselves as deputies and drew their own weapons. Jones allegedly shot first and a brief firefight ensued before Jones, wounded in the leg, fled.

He was caught not long after by Sumter deputies.

According to the affidavit, the homeowner said he’d never advertised his jet skis for sale and didn’t recognize the seller photo.

Jones has two felony convictions on record for aggravated assault and armed robbery, for which he was on probation at the time. He was booked into the Sumter County Jail and held without bail.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/l...tte-police-say

Homeowner shoots at intruder in north Charlotte attempted home invasion, police say

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)*- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police are actively searching for at least one suspect, possibly more, connected to an attempted home invasion late Monday morning at a house in north Charlotte.*

The attempted home break-in occurred at 11:45*a.m. Monday, July 8 at a house along Treyburn Drive.*

CMPD tells FOX 46 that the homeowner was home during the attempted break-in and shot through the front door at the intruder(s). The suspect(s) ran away from the house while firing back two to three shots. One of the suspect's rounds hit the front glass door.*

So far, no injuries have been reported.*

FOX 46 Charlotte was at the scene and observed multiple bullet holes in the front door of the home.*

The suspect(s) remain*on the loose at this time. At least one suspect is described as wearing a red shirt and a baseball hat. FOX 46 Charlotte has reached out to police for further details.*

https://www.wdrb.com/news/year-old-m...fc77e9e50.html

20-year-old man shot and killed by homeowner during burglary attempt, Radcliff police say

RADCLIFF, Ky. (WDRB) -- A man was shot and killed early Sunday morning when police said he and another man broke into a house in Radcliff.

Kobie Long, 20, and another man forced their way into the door of a home on North Wilson Road and were shot by the homeowner, Radcliff Police said.

Long was killed, but the other man is in critical condition at University Hospital.

"We're still trying to determine and piece together exactly what happened," Radcliff Police Capt. Willie Wells said. "It could be a case of self defense."

There have been no arrests, and it will likely stay that way, Wells said. The shooting appeared to be an act of self-defense, and the homeowners hasn't been charged.

"You have a responsibility to protect yourself and your family in whatever means possible to do that," Wells said. "So, long as you can articulate that your actions were in defense of yourself or your property, then I think you would be justified."

This is the second fatal shooting in just as many months in the small, rather quiet Radcliff community. Radcliff Police said while two deadly shootings in this time frame is unusual, there's nothing to worry about in terms of city safety.

"You have families. You have issues. You have things that happen. It could happen anywhere," he said.

Wells said the incidents aren't indicative of what the city of Radcliff "is about."

Sorry about the typeset on this one.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/no-char...ruder/28328638

NEW INFORMATION ON A SHOOTING AT A SEACLIFF HOME IN SANTA CRUZ LAST MONTH. THE SHEIRFFS DEPARTMENT TELLS ACTION NEWS NO CHARGES WILL BE FILLED AGAINST A HOMEOWNER WHO SHOT AN INTRUDER 25-YEAR-OLD DAMIEN WELCH IS ACCUSED OF TRYING TO BREAK INTO THAT HOME. INVESTIGATORS SAY HE TRIED USED A ROCK TO BREAK INTO THE HOME ...BUT WHEN THAT DIDN'T WORK HE CLIMBED UPSTAIRS TO GET INTO THE HOUS S " Her justivication was she feared for her life and the action of Mr. Welch were causing significant damage to her at her own home in the middle of th enight by herself and she used the force necessary for her to stop hiim from continuing his attack WELCH PLEAD NO GUILTY IN COURT TODAY. HE IS CHARGED WITH FELONY BURGLARY AND ATTEMPTED BURGLARY. HE IS DUE BACK IN COURT ON JULY 22ND. BAIL IS SET AT 75- THOUSAND DOLLARS. ## NEW AT SIX

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    We’ll see how this one goes.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/investig...ac2678249.html

ACSO: Argument between homeowner and stepson ends in shots fired, incident still under investigation
    Jennifer Lindman Updated 32 min ago | Posted on Jul 7, 2019 0
    ANDERSON, S.C. (FOX Carolina) -- Deputies are on scene investigating a reported shooting, after a call came in that a person was shot in the leg in Anderson, Sunday afternoon.

According to dispatch, a person showed up to a gas station along Highway 28 with a gunshot wound and called law enforcement.

Sergeant Foster with Anderson County Sheriff's Office informed media that the shooting took place at a home along West Wood Drive prior to the call.

An older male subject had asked his stepson to leave the home several times, the stepson did not comply, he became more aggressive toward the homeowner, who felt he had no other choice then to fire at the son, deputies say.

Authorities say at least one shot was fired, striking the stepson in the shin.

Deputies say the scene is still under investigation at this time.

Stay with FOX Carolina as we learn more.
    Every once in a while, the loin has to show the jackals, who he is.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Carbon County)

Homeowner with AR-15 Repels Four Armed Intrusion Suspects, Killing Two

Two men, top row from left, Keith Jackson Jr. and Nigel Doyle, were killed during a home invasion in Summerfield Wednesday night. Two others, bottom row from left, Robert Hamilton and Seth Rodriquez, were arrested.Marion County Sheriff's Office

A homeowner with an AR-15 killed two of four intrusion suspects Wednesday night, one of whom was wearing a “Jason” mask.

The Ocala Star Banner reports that four suspects allegedly targeted the home. Two of the suspects, 22-year-old Nigel Doyle and 21-year-old Keith Jackson Jr, were killed when the homeowner opened fire. Guns were found near the bodies of both men.

Two other suspects, 19-year-old Robert John Hamilton and 22-year-old Seth Adam Rodriguez, were apprehended by responding deputies.

Rodriguez was “arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm.”

Click on Orlando reports that the homeowner allegedly received gunshot wounds from the armed suspects. Deputies found the homeowner “with an AR-15 rifle next to his legs.”

The homeowner was hospitalized and is expected to survive.

The homeowner said the suspects allegedly knocked on his door, feigning car trouble and asking for help. He told them he could not help and closed the door. A short time later he says he was allegedly awakened by a loud crashing sound as the suspects allegedly made entry.

He grabbed his AR-15 and said gunfire immediately began to be exchanged.
    https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...v4G1ve6VQFgUzk
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 253 of 339 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast