Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 288 of 339 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

One from South Africa
    https://rekordmoot.co.za/150543/news...view-shooting/

NEWSFLASH: One arrested, another in hospital after Mountain View shooting
    A man has been arrested following a shooting in Karel Trichardt Street, Mountain View.

3 hours ago

A man has been arrested following a shooting in Karel Trichardt Street, Mountain View.

Acting chairperson of the sector 1 CPF Johan van Staden confirmed the incident happened on Sunday.

According to Van Staden, a local resident had taken a loan from an alleged loan shark but was unable to settle the debt.

“The loan shark, along with a group of accomplices, went to the housing complex where the resident stays and demanded payment,” said Van Staden.

READ MORE: Shooting of hadedas common problem

“He tried to intimidate the residents, including children, with a panga.

“Another resident acted in self-defence by drawing a firearm and firing a warning shot up in the air, before shooting the ‘loan shark’ in the leg twice,” Van Staden said

The gunman was then taken into custody by the Hercules police and charged with attempted murder. The injured man was taken to Steve Biko academic hospital.

The police could not yet provide more information.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/n...se/3990015002/

EPD: Fatal shooting behind Sportsman's being investigated as possible self defense
    Isaiah SeibertUpdated 5:38 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019
    Video: EPD provides update on the early morning shooting Sunday behind Sportsman's MaCabe Brown, Courier & Press

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Police are investigating a fatal weekend shooting at a popular Franklin Street bar as a possible self defense case.

The shooting took place at sportsman's Grille & Billiards around 12:45 a.m. Sunday. Of-duty officers working at the bar found Laren Hall, 23, shot in the alley behind the establishment. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Multiple witnesses at the scene reported seeing a group of five or six men sprint toward two men at the back of the bar, EPD spokesman Sgt. Jason Cullum said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

One witness, an employee on break at the restaurant, reported seeing a man fall to the ground and being beaten up before shots were fired.

911 calls from shooting behind Sportsman's Grille & Billiards Sunday Provide, Evansville Courier & Press

Police believe Hall was one of the men involved in the alleged assault.

Surveillance video at nearby businesses corroborate witness accounts of the events leading up to Hall's death, Cullum said, but there is no video of either assault or shooting.

The coroner's office earlier said it would conduct an autopsy on Hall's body Monday afternoon. Vanderburgh County Coroner Steve Lockyear said Hall died of single gunshot wound to the chest.

At the scene, a responding officer found a man with the gun. The officer disarmed the man, who had injuries to his face, and detained him without incident, Cullum said.

More: Family of Sunday's shooting death grieving loss of second brother to gun violence

More: EPD: Shooting victim found behind Franklin Street bar Sportsman's is dead

A second man, 27-year-old James Bales of Shoals, also had apparent injuries. Police are not releasing the identity of the man with the gun because he is the subject of an ongoing investigation. The man has not spoken to police, invoking his fifth amendment rights, Cullum said.

No criminal charges have been fired, and the investigation is ongoing. Police are encouraging any potential witnesses to come forward

https://www.twincities.com/2019/10/1...rs-no-charges/

Prosecutors: Man with gun permit won’t be charged in shooting that injured 15-year-old in St. Paul

Mara H. GottfriedOctober 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm
    Prosecutors have decided a man with a gun permit was justified when he shot and wounded a 15-year-old boy in St. Paul last spring.

Surveillance footage showed the 27-year-old man was walking when a vehicle pulled up, four people exited and ran “full speed” in his direction, according to a police report.

The man ran away from them “as fast as he could for as long as he could,” but they were gaining on him, said his attorney, Tim Webb.

“It was clearly a case of self defense,” Webb said recently. “He felt he had no options and he was scared for his life.”

The man, who has a permit to carry a handgun, fired and shot a 15-year-old in the chin.

The Ramsey County Attorney’s Office concluded earlier this month that based on evidence collected by police, including video from the area, the use of force “was reasonable and justified” and he would not be charged, said Dennis Gerhardstein, the office’s spokesman.

The man moved after the shooting because he was worried people “would come looking for him” and he’s still concerned for his safety, Webb said.

FRIENDS BROUGHT TEEN TO HOSPITAL

The shooting happened shortly before 1 a.m. on May 24. The man called 911 to report “he was attacked by multiple people and took two shots at the group and may have hit one of the people,” according to a police report.

The man told police he just purchased a new car and didn’t yet have a permit to park by his address, so he parked nearby and was walking at Jackson and Mount Airy streets, north of the Capitol and Regions Hospital. A sedan drove by him quickly, but then the driver backed up, drove past again and parked.

When males got out of the vehicle and started following him, he walked faster and then ran as they ran toward him. He said they were yelling something at him. Police reports don’t specify why they were running at the man.

The man turned to face them, pointed his gun at the male closest to him and fired two rounds, according to the report. He said they all ran away, got back in the sedan and left.

Soon after, a 15-year-old was brought to Regions Hospital by three other juveniles. They initially told an officer it was a drive-by shooting, but two of them later “refused to give information about how their friend … was injured,” a police report said.

Another said they were walking down a street, possibly University Avenue, when someone drove by in a vehicle and shot at them. The 15-year-old reported he heard two quick “pops” then realized he was shot at.

The teen was treated for his injury and ran out of the hospital in his underwear and socks, according to a police report. A Hennepin County child protection services worker informed an investigator the teen had an active warrant because he fled three shelters in the previous two weeks.

The boy’s mother described him as “a chronic runaway” and said “she has no idea how or why he was in St. Paul,” the investigator wrote in a report.

The investigator told the mother “the circumstances surrounding him being shot may be different than what he told the police,” the report continued. She responded “she would not be surprised that he was not honest with the police.”

In a separate case a month earlier in St. Paul, the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office charged a man, who had a permit to carry a gun, with assault.

Vincent Nesta Trotter is accused of wounding an auto theft suspect who ran from a crash and into his yard in the Payne-Phalen area. Prosecutors say the man was walking away when Trotter shot him. Trotter has pleaded not guilty and his court case is ongoing.

This article gets cut off but the gist is there.

https://www.annistonstar.com/news/cr...4a717b368.html

Police: Anniston man found burglar in house, held him at gunpoint

Police arrested a Weaver man early Sunday morning after, they said, he broke into an Anniston home while armed and was held at gunpoint by the home’s owner.

Anniston police charged Brian Scott Young, 37, with first-degree burglary.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...rglary-attempt

Two men shot, injured in alleged burglary attempt
    By: WCPO staff
    items.[0].image.alt
    CINCINNATI — Cincinnati police are investigating after a homeowner reportedly shot two men who tried breaking into his home.

Officers said the shooting happened on Probasco Street just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.

Police said a caller reported multiple gunshots were fired at a home. According to officers, a short time later, two men arrived at Children's Hospital Medical Center with gunshot wounds.

According to police, the homeowner alleges the two men attempted to break in to his home to rob him, and he shot them. Police said the homeowner was not injured.

Officers are currently interviewing witnesses, and the investigation is ongoing. So far, no one has been charged.

https://www.wsls.com/news/crime-trac...o-mothers-home

Man shot, hospitalized after breaking into mother's home
    Man shot by 17-year-old relative

PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. - A man was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after being shot while attempting to break into his mother’s home Saturday, according to the Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office.

The man, 25-year-old Xavier Tyler Slayton, was shot by a 17-year-old relative at a home in the 700 block of Cedar Forest Road, deputies said.

Slayton, who was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital, will be charged with breaking and entering with intent to commit murder, according to deputies.

Charges were not filed against the 17-year-old, deputies said.

https://www.waff.com/2019/10/14/laud...ground-ruling/

Lauderdale Co. murder charge dismissed after judge makes ‘stand your ground’ ruling

October 14, 2019 at 2:02 PM CDT - Updated October 14 at 4:54 PM
    FLORENCE, Ala. (WAFF) - A murder charge against Marcus Weakley was dismissed this month after a Lauderdale County Judge made a self defense ruling at a pretrial hearing.

Weakley was indicted for the murder of Patton Shipley in August 2018.

[ READ MORE: Man arrested for murder in Florence ]

Weakley’s attorney successfully argued that he killed Shipley in self defense.

According to the judge’s ruling, Weakley was tackled by a third man and was then fired on by Shipley. The judge said testimony showed that Weakley only started shooting after he was already under fire.

The judge did note that some testimony was conflicting, and said he would prefer to have the case play out before a jury, however he said that Alabama law required he make a ruling before the case went to trial. The Judge said after weighing the evidence that the charge had to be dismissed.

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly says an appeal was filed on Friday. He says the state attorney general will take over the appeal.

Videos of family in link.

http://www.gopusa.com/dayton-family-...robbing-store/

Dayton family outraged that brother shot by clerk while robbing store

HOME » NEWS
    Dayton family outraged that brother shot by clerk while robbing store
    GOPUSA StaffDayton Daily NewsPOSTED ON 6:53 AM OCTOBER 14, 2019124

A Dollar General clerk fatally shot an armed robber Wednesday night inside the store at 2228 North Gettysburg Avenue.

“I just had somebody try to attempt and rob me over here at Dollar General on Gettysburg,” the 911 caller said. “Came in with a firearm, threatened to take money out the drawer, pointed a gun at me and my staff members.”

The suspect, believed to be in his 20s, entered the store about 6:20 p.m. with a firearm, and the clerk shot him after he demanded money, Dayton police Sgt. Thomas Schloss said.

“He pointed a gun at me, I had a firearm on me, I pulled my firearm and I shot him in self-defense,” the caller said.

Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger said Roosevelt Rappley, 23, of Dayton, was pronounced dead at the the scene.

Schloss said the suspect walked out of the store after being shot and collapsed outside the front doors.

“He’s laying in front of my store,” said the caller. “He’s laying down in front of my door on the sidewalk.”

It’s not clear how many shots were fired, but when dispatchers asked the caller if the suspect fired any shots in the store, he said, “he shot back.”

It’s also not clear if the robber showed his gun or told the clerk he had one.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Looks like somewhere in central America 3rd video ?

https://m.facebook.com/NUGOIASS/vide...ok.com%2F&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-self-defense/

Dollar General Clerk Who Killed Alleged Suspect: ‘I Shot Him in Self-Defense’
    AWR Hawkins10 Oct 2019
    1:29

WHIO reports the clerk called 911 after the incident, saying, “I just had somebody try to attempt and rob me over here at Dollar General on Gettysburg. Came in with a firearm, threatened to take money out the drawer, pointed a gun at me and my staff members.”

Dayton police Sgt. Thomas Schloss indicated the suspect entered the store around 6:20 p.m. and confirmed that he had a firearm.

The clerk said, “He pointed a gun at me, I had a firearm on me, I pulled my firearm and I shot him in self-defense.”

WDTN reports that the suspect tried to flee after being shot, “but collapsed just outside the front doors of the store, where he was pronounced dead.”

The suspect was identified as 23-year-old Roosevelt Rappley.
    Fambly sez he was in the wrong to defend himself:
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/family...g-them-oh-well

Page 288 of 339 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast