Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 46 of 339 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/deka...-say/609118176

Dog walker kills teen attempting to rob him, police sayDEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - A teen is dead and another suspect is on the run after DeKalb County police said they tried to rob a man walking his dog.

The shooting happened Wednesday night on Cedar Croft Lane in Lithonia.

Police told Channel 2 Action News the two suspects approached the man with a gun.

“The gentleman pulled out his gun and shot them,” said DeKalb County Lt. Rob Bryant.

We’re learning why police may not charge the victim, on Channel 2 Action News This Morning.

The teen died from his injuries and the other person got away.

Police used K-9s in the search for the second suspect. He is still on the run.

PAHOMEPAGE
    64°
    SECTIONS
    NEWS
    WEATHER

2 for today. A Pa example.

http://www.pahomepage.com/news/polic...uder/810811415

Police: Resident shot and killed intruder
    By: Kelly Choate

PINE CREEK TOWNSHIP, CLINTON COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) -- State police are investigating a deadly home invasion in Clinton County.

Troopers tell Eyewitness News 30-year-old Cody Englert from Jersey Shore tried to break into a house on Fourth Street near Avis early Wednesday morning.

State police say he was shot and killed by someone who lives at the home. That person is cooperating with the investigation.

Troopers went door-to-door questioning neighbors about the incident.

"The homes all around here have a bunch of little kids," said Randy Gallagher. "It's quiet during the day, just a typical little quiet town!"

State police did not identify the person who shot the intruder, but tell Eyewitness News there is no threat to the public. As of now, no charges have been filed in the case.

3 for today.

http://abc7chicago.com/armed-robbery...olton/2415332/

Armed robbery suspect shot by customer at Dolton auto parts store

DOLTON, Ill. (WLS) -- A suspect was shot Wednesday night during an attempted armed robbery at an auto parts store in south suburban Dolton. A customer said the suspect ran at him with a weapon, so he opened fire.

The 20-year-old man with a gun walked into the Advanced Auto Parts store in the 800-block of East 147th Street around 8 p.m. and tried to rob the store, police said.

He ran out of the store and toward a customer, who told police the suspect had a gun. The customer pulled out his own weapon and shot the suspect at least once.

One of the front doors was shattered during the shooting, covering the ground with shards of glass. A handgun appeared to have fallen on the sidewalk.

The 20-year-old was transported to St. Bernard Hospital, where he underwent surgery and is listed in critical condition.

Police said the customer has a concealed-carry permit. The shooting remains under investigation.

Four for today.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36365631/p...uring-burglary

LMPD: Suspect held at gunpoint by Louisville homeowner during burglary

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville Metro Police have arrested a man authorities say was held at gunpoint during a home invasion.

Andrew Hall, 20, was arrested Thursday morning in the 5000 block of Mile of Sunshine Drive, near Shepherdsville Road.

An arrest report states that police responded to a call where a homeowner was "holding a burglar at gunpoint with a shotgun."

Officials say when officers arrived, they found Hall being held at gunpoint by the owner of the home.

Investigators say the homeowner stated an alarm went off alerting him that his garage was being broken into.

Police say the homeowner opened the garage and found Hall.

According to authorities, Hall told police he was trying to steal a drill that was inside the garage.

Hall is charged with third-degree burglary.

He is being held at Louisville Metro Corrections and is expected in court on Friday.

-------------------------------------------

Edit for more info

http://www.wlky.com/article/homeowne...point/12244232

LOUISVILLE, Ky. —
    A suspected burglar is behind bars after police said a homeowner held him at gunpoint.

Louisville Metro police said Andrew Hall, 20, broke into a garage early Thursday morning on Mile of Sunshine Drive in Louisville.
    The homeowner said he heard his security alarm going off inside his home and got up to check it out.
    “It said, ‘Side door to the garage,’ so I walked out (onto) the porch and noticed my side door was open,” homeowner Bill Lowry said.
    Lowry said he grabbed his shotgun before walking out to the garage.
    “(I) turned on the lights and basically chambered a round in the shotgun and I heard him say, ‘I’m not here to hurt you. Don’t shoot me, don’t shoot me,’” Lowry said.
    Police said Hall was inside the garage.
    Lowry said he asked the man what he was doing there.
    “He told me he was trying to stay warm,” Lowry said. “He was trying to get out of the rain.”
    Holding the shotgun, Lowry told the man what to do next.
    “I told him basically to come up by the front of the car and keep your hands where I can see them,” Lowry said. “At that point I called the police and basically held the gun on him until they (the police) showed up.”
    Lowry said it took officers about five minutes to get to his house.
    While he was waiting for police, Lowry said he had some questions for the suspect.
    “I asked him if he was on anything and he kind of nervously shook his head, ‘Yes,’” Lowry said. “I didn’t really ask him what he was one, but, you could tell, I don’t think he was here to get warm.”
    Lowry said he noticed some of his tools had been moved around.
    Police said Hall admitted to trying to steal a drill from the garage.
    “I feel sorry for the kid because, you know, he needs help,” Lowry said.
    Lowry said the break in has left his family feeling concerned.
    “It’s going to be hard for me to just come out at night and work on cars,” Lowry said. “I feel like I’m going to have to be looking over my shoulder.”
    Hall is charged with third-degree burglary.
    He’s scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.
    Last edited by internet troll; September 14th, 2017 at 04:46 PM.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    PAHOMEPAGE
    64°
    SECTIONS
    NEWS
    WEATHER

2 for today. A Pa example.

http://www.pahomepage.com/news/polic...uder/810811415

Police: Resident shot and killed intruder
    By: Kelly Choate

PINE CREEK TOWNSHIP, CLINTON COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) -- State police are investigating a deadly home invasion in Clinton County.

Troopers tell Eyewitness News 30-year-old Cody Englert from Jersey Shore tried to break into a house on Fourth Street near Avis early Wednesday morning.

State police say he was shot and killed by someone who lives at the home. That person is cooperating with the investigation.

Troopers went door-to-door questioning neighbors about the incident.

"The homes all around here have a bunch of little kids," said Randy Gallagher. "It's quiet during the day, just a typical little quiet town!"

State police did not identify the person who shot the intruder, but tell Eyewitness News there is no threat to the public. As of now, no charges have been filed in the case.
    I thought about making a thread about this but found it. This was not how this went down from what I gathered locally at all. This was provoked.

The reports you're reading are the reports given at this time by the shooter. The victim was a man who found his wife cheating on him with the shooter. He confronted the shooter at his house, where the wife was, man shoots husband claims self defense/home invasion.

Its fucked up.

*Edit*
    It's not my intention to crap on this thread at all, just thought I'd set the record a little more straight than the media, the scumbag and the cheating tramp would have you believe.
    Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; September 14th, 2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Local story! Dauphin County:

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/0...say/656369001/

York man fatally shot by homeowner during home invasion in Dauphin Co.

A York man died after being shot by a homeowner after he allegedly forced his way into a home in Dauphin County on Sunday morning while armed with a baseball bat, according to Lower Paxton Township Police.

Servando Santos, 23, of the 600 block of West Market Street, was shot in the abdomen and died from his injuries at Pinnacle Health Community General Osteopathic Hospital, police said in a news release.

Santos' cause of death was a single gunshot wound to his abdomen, and his manner of death is homicide, Dauphin County Coroner said Tuesday. Police continued to investigate the case on Tuesday, but declined to answer questions related to it.

Before the home invasion, police say, Santos allegedly assaulted an elderly woman who lives in another home nearby. The assault victim remains in critical condition at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, police said. Authorities did not release her name.

Police initially were dispatched to the 200 block of Fairway Drive around 6 a.m. Sunday for a 911 hangup call. "The caller reported that a male was trying to kill him," the news release states. A second call to 911 indicated the suspect was beating a man with a baseball bat in the driveway.

Police are not sure how the woman ended up being assaulted, but police believe there was a domestic dispute between Santos and a resident of the home, the news release states.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

And another story for today.

http://komonews.com/news/local/repor...glar-in-seatac

I will edit in updates as they come.
    Report: Homeowner shoots burglar in SeaTac

SEATAC, Wash. -- King County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a shooting in SeaTac that might have been a homeowner shooting a burglar, a department spokesperson said.

The shooting was reported around 11 a.m. in the 17600 block of 38th Ave S., says Sgt. Cindi West.

No other details were available yet. Investigators were still getting on the scene.

Updates to follow as more details become available.

--------------------------

Edited for more info

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/poli...atac/609392064

SEATAC, Wash. - King County deputies say a homeowner fatally shot a suspect who broke into a home in SeaTac.

The shooting happened in the 17600 block of 38th Avenue South Thursday morning.

Police say a man was at home with his children when he heard sounds of someone trying to break in through the back door.

The homeowner armed himself and shot the intruder, who by that time had entered the home.

The burglar then staggered out of the home and into the back yard, where he died.

Police say another suspect is at large. A K-9 unit is attempting to track that suspect.
    Last edited by internet troll; September 14th, 2017 at 04:51 PM.

No shortage of armed citizen stories today. Seven

https://www.ksat.com/news/suspect-ca...by-authorities

Suspected carjacker shot by victim in Selma
    Heathcliff Garcia, 34, died at SAMMC

SELMA, Texas - The Texas Rangers are investigating, and a suspected carjacker is dead after being shot in Selma by his intended victim.

Heathcliff Garcia, 34, died at the San Antonio Military Medical Center after a Thursday afternoon shooting near the 8000 block of Old Austin Road.

Selma police believe Garcia and another man committed several car burglaries in the area before the shooting. A city official said the pair then crashed their vehicle on the southbound I-35 access road near Forum Parkway, which led them to try to get another.

Police said the pair tried to steal a car at gunpoint. However, the driver had a license to carry, and shot Garcia.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office had not yet released an official cause or manner for Garcia's death as of Wednesday afternoon.

Police detained the second suspect, who the city official said would likely face charges. It was unclear if the shooter would be charged.

Selma police said they are investigating the incident with the help of the Texas Rangers and nearby police departments.
    Last edited by internet troll; September 14th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/15/intruder...home-invasion/

Intruder killed in apparent self-defense shooting at east side apartment

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — An armed robber was gunned down in what police are calling a self-defense shooting late Thursday on the city’s east side.

The incident happened in the 5700 block of Wiebeck Court shortly before midnight. A male suspect broke into an apartment where a man, woman and two children were inside, according to Indianapolis Metropolitan police.

One of the people inside the apartment was armed and opened fire, killing the would-be robber. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said it appeared to be a case of self-defense.

“Everything at this point in time seems to be pointing toward a homeowner protecting his family and shooting an intruder who made forced entry into their apartment,” said Capt. Harold Turner with IMPD.

Police said the suspect broke through a deadbolt in order to get inside the apartment. They have not yet released the name of the deceased.

One of the bullets from the gunfire passed through a wall and into an adjacent apartment. No one was wounded, however.

Not America, but it's good to read about some other countries that respect a persons natural right to self defense.

http://rekordeast.co.za/145762/newsf...moreleta-park/

NEWSFLASH: Suspected robber shot in Moreleta Park

An alleged robber was shot during a robbery at a house in Moreleta Park in the early hours of Friday.

Garsfontein police spokesperson Captain Ilse Jones said the homeowner was woken up by his wife after she heard a strange noise.

“The owner grabbed his gun and went to investigate and found windows and curtains open,” said Jones.

“As he was walking [through the house], he came across two men and fired shots at them.”

Jones said one of the perpetrators was shot while another escaped.

“The suspect was taken to Tembisa hospital [by ER24 emergency services] under police guard .”

“A case of attempted robbery was opened at the Garsfontein police station.”

ER24 spokesperson Ineke van Huyssteen said the alleged robber was in a serious condition after sustaining a gunshot wound to his head.

“Paramedics found the man, believed to be in his 20’s, lying in a flowerbed just outside the house,” said Van Huyssteen.

“Upon further assessment, the man was found to be in a serious condition after sustaining a gunshot wound to his head.”

Page 46 of 339 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast