Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 169 of 339 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/te...facing-charges

Teen Suspect Shot During Robbery Facing Charges
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An 18-year-old has been charged in a criminal complaint. The teen was injured when he was shot by a victim he was reportedly trying to rob at gunpoint.

On May 10, 18-year-old Gabriel Gonzales and two accomplices attempted to rob the clerk of Chip’s Quick Stop on Whites Creek Pike.

The clerk was outside the store and reportedly found himself at the end of a shotgun held by Gonzales.

The clerk was armed and drew his own weapon, firing at Gonzales who was hit. The accomplices fled, and the clerk secured the shotgun and rendered aid to Gonzales until medical crews arrived.

Gonzales was taken to the hospital where he underwent surgery for the gunshot wound.

Authorities said it has been determined the shotgun Gonzales was carrying was stolen in Clarksville in April.

Gonzales has been charged in the criminal complaint with Hobbs Act robbery and brandishing and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.

He could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted for the robbery, plus an additional mandatory minimum of seven consecutive years for using a firearm during a crime of violence.

https://wreg.com/2018/07/19/police-m...tment-complex/

Police: Intruder shot dead at Hickory Hill apartment complex
    Posted 9:37 pm, July 19, 2018, by Jessica Gertler and WREG Staff, Updated at 04:54PM, July 20, 2018

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 29-year-old man was shot and killed after making his way into a Hickory Hill apartment Thursday evening.

“I heard about 4 to 5 gunshots,” said Midriquez Green.

He said someone then banged on his front door. It was the man staying in the apartment two doors down while the tenants were out-of-town.

“He was shaken up,” he said. “He said someone broke into his house, and he shot him.”

Green said he frantically asked for his cell phone to call police.

“I’m glad he wasn’t hurt,” said Green.

Officers said they found a man shot in the head and leg. He died before they got there.

They combed for evidence and talked to witnesses for hours, and the next morning, gave an update on Twitter.

“Scared. It could happen to anybody. It could have happened to me. I was so fortunate he didn`t get shot,” said Green.

Police have yet to say who the intruder was or what he was after.

Without those answers, neighbors told WREG they’ll remain on edge.

“You have to be careful and be on the safe side,” said Green.

https://mauinow.com/2018/07/20/gunfi...-home-robbery/

Gunfire Exchanged During Ha‘ikū Home Robbery

Robbery Investigation – Maui Now graphics.

Wailuku Patrol Officers working in the Haʻikū area were assigned to a call of shots being fired at 2788 Hāna Highway in Haʻikū at around 10:35 p.m. on Thursday, July 19, 2018.

Police say the three adult victims in this case all report that three males entered their residence when one of the men “brandished a shiny handgun.”

Authorities say the suspects forced one of the victims into a hallway bathroom and walked through the house when the second victim, who had armed himself with an AR-15 rifle fired one round missing one of the assailants.

The three unknown suspects fled the house firing four gun shots as they left, according to police reports.

Police say no one was struck and none of the residents reported any injuries. The second victim said the suspects were able to take $3,000 during the incident.

Witnesses say the suspects fled the area in a black vehicle, headed in the Hāna direction on Hāna Highway.

One of the suspects is described as being 5’8” tall weighing about 180 pounds. A second suspect is described as being about 5’11” tall weighing about 180 pounds. Both suspects were described as having short black hair and were described as between 20-30 years old. Authorities say all of the suspects were wearing hooded sweatshirts
    Investigators were able to recover a firearm at the scene.

At this time there are no suspects however the investigation is still ongoing.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-...st-bakersfield

Man allegedly shoots intruder in northeast Bakersfield
    Brandon Johansen
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A man appears to have shot an intruder who was allegedly breaking into his home in northeast Bakersfield on Saturday, according to Bakersfield police.

BPD says they got the call at about 12:19 p.m. and responded to the area of San Pablo Ave. and Vassar St. Police say it appears a homeowner in the area shot a man who was allegedly attempting to break into his home.

Police say the man was struck at least once and was transported to a local hospital. His condition is unknown. It's unknown if the homeowner suffered any injuries. More details were not immediately available, check back for updates.

Every now and then I come across an article where someone is the victim of a crime and suddenly they see things differently realizing that being pro gun is not a bad thing. This column goes in that direction.

http://www.tribstar.com/opinion/lett...8e3394c47.html

Readers' Forum Part 2, July 22, 2018: Reflections from a crime victim
    19 min ago

Reflections from a crime victim

Listen up, pro-gun and anti-gun owners.

The evening of June 11, I came home, ate dinner, turned on the TV, and soon hit the sack for some shut-eye, leaving on the TV rather loudly since I am slightly hard of hearing. TV has become my money-saving alternative to sleeping medications.

The next morning, June 12, I arose, staggered sleepily to the chair near my front door to get my cell phone. It was not there. Also missing were other items I always dumped on that chair when I came home. My house and car keys, chained together, and my wallet, containing my VISA card, driver’s license, Social Security card, Medicare card, and other cards for supplemental health insurance and dental insurance., my library card, and, finally, discount cards for food, shopping, and gasoline.

Not least among the missing was my car, a 1992 Toyota Celica.

I am still trying to figure out whether I was lucky or unlucky that night to have slept through the heist and grand larceny.

Anyone who enters a house at night, knowing the owner or owners are there and possibly awake, is not there to announce the residents are lottery winners.

Anyway, back to being lucky or unlucky for having slept through the whole heist. On the one hand, it could have saved my life. Surely a brazen intruder, knowing full well that many homeowners are packing heat (there are, I believe, 300 million guns out there), would have been armed with a gun or a knife and prepared to kill.

Or was I unlucky to have missed a chance to have blown the intruder’s head off with a shotgun and saved the lives of future victims? And then mutter proudly like Clint Eastwood in an early film, “You made my day!”

But I never owned a shotgun. I did, however, buy a mew .38 Special, a revolver with six shots, which I bought 50 years ago and never used. Pity the poor virgin firearm. An old gunslinger or Western film hero might have heard: “Help me before I rust to death! I’m loaded and ready for action. For 50 lonely years!”

But no such temptation moved me, never a pro-gun aficionado.

Nevertheless, I can bloody well say that, had my TV been turned off, or even turned down, that night, and being a light sleeper, I would have easily heard someone boisterously breaking through not one but two doors, one through my garage door and then another through the side door of my house. The latter had a deadbolt lock on the inside. This was ripped off by the force of the intruder and was found on the floor.

I then would have grabbed my six shooter and aimed it at the criminal. What happened next is guesswork. Had he a gun, there might have been a shootout, with the quickest split-second shooter the winner. Or maybe both of us getting shot. Had the invader carried only a knife or club, I would not have shot him in cold blood, though many might have legally chosen that option.

With a gun pointing at the criminal’s head or heart, he would likely have turned tail and split. To my great relief! I really do not see myself as the macho hero/killer of a Western or gangster film. Carrying the death of anyone on my conscience who had a mother, a wife, or a child, or no one at all, and had rehab potential, was not my wish.

On the other hand, had an intruder a gun, not to have shot him to protect a family or oneself, would have been cowardice.

A man’s home is his castle, the last bastion of safety, so anyone uninvited should not expect a warm welcome with cookies and milk.

Thanks to fast work by county sheriff officials, all that was stolen was retrieved and three suspects arrested.

I still wonder whether I was lucky to be sleeping through the heist, missing a possible injury or death, or was I unlucky to have missed some excitement, deflowering my revolver or maybe capturing the suspects without a shot.

In any case, I am now far more permissive towards those who opt for gun protection.

— Saul Rosenthal, Terre Haute

More details on this one.

https://abc3340.com/news/local/helen...e-self-defense

Helena Police: apartment shooting appears to be self-defense
    SHELBY COUNTY, Ala.- —

Just before 6 p.m. Sunday, Helena Police were called out to the Fox Valley Apartments in Maylene in response to a shooting call.

When officers arrived, they found 39-year-old Jim William Boykin, who lived at the complex, dead from a gunshot wound.

After taking witness statements, police said it appeared that Boykin was behaving erratically, accosted a female neighbor at her apartment, and she shot Boykin in self-defense.

According to police, the 46-year-old female recently filed a report with Helena Police and said that Boykin threatened her with physical harm. A warrant was issued for Boykin in that case, and he was later arrested. He was out on bond pending a court date.

This investigation is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    http://www.wvtm13.com/article/man-sh...mplex/22510783

Man shot and killed at Helena apartment complex

Helena, Ala. —
    A man was shot and killed at an apartment building in Helena Sunday.

Chief Pete Folmar of the Helena Police Department says it happened at the Fox Valley Apartments, near Highway 17, about 5:45 p.m.

Advertisement
    Chief Folmar says the victim is a 39-year-old man.

The victim was apparently causing a disturbance at an apartment residence, when the man was shot, according to the Chief.

The man died at the scene.

Chief Folmar says the investigation continues, but it appears the death could be ruled as a self-defense shooting.

http://www.ksla.com/story/38700711/s...nd-another-man

Man shot when he confronts guest in estranged wife's house
    Sunday, July 22nd 2018, 9:47 am EDT
    SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -
    A man was shot when he confronted his estranged wife's friend in her home early Sunday morning.

Police say 31-year-old Jock Hines was shot once in his abdomen just before 5 a.m.

Investigators think he removed a window air conditioner to get into his estranged wife’s residence in the 2900 block of Amherst Street.

Hines allegedly then entered the room where she and her friend were sleeping and began chasing the man.

When caught by Hines, the man reportedly pulled out a handgun and shot Hines once.

Authorities said the gunshot wound did not appear to be life-threatening.

Gunfire such as that is not new to the neighborhood, said Tynekqua "Nene" Warren, who lives just down the street.

And Warren said each time she hears gunshots, she has the same thought. "That we need to leave like now. Get out of here."

In fact, Warren said, they're moving in the next month to someplace a bit safer.

"I don't like to be out all the time. I don't come out at dark for sure. During the day, when it's hot, I'm out here. But when it cools down, I'm in the house."

Warren is not alone.

But that has not stopped Donna Anstead from living in the 2900 block of Amherst for the past 25 years.

"My house is paid for; I'm not going anywhere."

Another woman, who did not want her name used, said she won't soon forget one shooting in particular.

Bullets pierced her home as she slept.

"It was scary. Wake up and hearing all those shots."

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sto...488901791.html

Store employee draws her gun, foils robbery in local mall parking lot
    Paul J. Gately

(Staff photo/file)
    Updated: Mon 11:43 AM, Jul 23, 2018
    WACO, Texas (KWTX) A Richland Mall store employee avoided being robbed Saturday in the mall parking lot when she pulled her own gun on a man who was threatening to steal from her.

The woman, whom police did not name, at about 10:15 a.m. Saturday went outside the Dillard's store to her car in the parking lot to retrieve something, Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Monday.

She noticed a man sitting in another car near hers and later said the man, armed with a handgun, approached her and demanded her belongings.

But she was able to retrieve her own weapon, pointed it at her attacker and he turned and ran, Swanton said.

No shots were fired and no one was injured, Swanton said.

The victim described her attacker as a black man, about 25-years-old, 5-feet 5-inches tall and about 150 pounds, wearing a black baseball cap and a black Tshirt, Swanton said.

Police still are looking for the assailant.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/387087...orage-building

Deputies: Woman shoots man several times after he was found inside her storage building
    Monday, July 23rd 2018, 3:34 pm EDT
    ROBESON COUNTY, NC (WMBF) – Deputies are investigating after a man was shot multiple times Friday night while inside a woman’s storage building in Robeson County.

According to a news release from the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a home in the 5000 block of East Great Marsh Church Road in St. Pauls around 6:40 p.m. Upon their arrival, a 39-year-old man was found shot multiple times.

A 68-year-old woman who owns the residence heard a noise inside of her storage building and found the man standing in a corner inside. The woman fired five shots at him after he approached her in an “aggressive manner,” deputies say. She further stated the man was “lunging towards her.” The man was taken by EMS to an undisclosed hospital for treatment. His injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

The investigation is ongoing.

Two self defense stories in this article. I am going to split them up.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...13835508c.html

Intruder shot and killed in St. Louis home after breaking through locked door

A man shot and killed an intruder who broke into a St. Louis home early Monday, police said.

Police called to the break-in and shooting in the 3900 block of Labadie Avenue about 3 a.m. a man with multiple gunshot wounds. Four people said they were in the home when the man kicked in the bottom of their locked door and climbed through. One of the men, 21, shot the intruder.

• St. Louis city crime tracker

• Map: St. Louis-area homicides in 2018

The intruder, identified by police as Maurice Pollard, 43, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The people in the home were not hurt. In addition to the 21-year-old, they included a man, 40, and two women, ages 43 and 17.

It was not clear whether there was any connection between Pollard and the people inside the home, but police gave a home address for him in the same block.

Page 169 of 339 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast