Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 57 of 339 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

two today.

Armed homeowner confronts armed intruder in rural LaPorte County

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...ac4035199.html
    LAPORTE — Police are searching for a man who fled after allegedly breaking into a residential pole barn while armed with a handgun early Friday and being confronted by the homeowner, who was also carrying a gun.

The 52-year-old homeowner said he wrestled the handgun away from the intruder and fired his rifle into the air as the man fled, according to county police.

The homeowner received minor injuries, and the intruder is also believed to have been injured, police said.

The break-in was discovered in progress at 12:40 a.m. Friday in the 7500 W. block of County Road 900 South, police said. The rural area is south and west of Westville.

Police from the midnight shift and the detective bureau established a perimeter around the area and searched using K-9 teams, including a bloodhound from the Porter County Sheriff's Department, police said. The K-9 teams tracked the suspect about two miles to the northwest before losing the scent.

Investigators believe the suspect may have been given a ride by an accomplice or may have found a building to hide in, police said.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned black male, 6 feet tall with a thin build and tattoos on his hands, police said. He was wearing a dark-colored hoodie sweatshirt, blue jeans and was carrying a backpack.

Detectives from the sheriff's department believe they are familiar with the suspect and are working with the victim to identify him.

The incident resulted in Westville schools undergoing a soft lockdown during the morning hours, police said.

Anyone with information about the case or seeing anyone fitting the suspect's description is asked to call 911.

(York County)

"The 52-year-old homeowner said he wrestled the handgun away from the intruder and fired his rifle into the air as the man fled, according to county police."

I fully support firing into the air- the air between me and the threat that is......

(Tioga County)

Where's Santa Claus when you need him?

One shot, another held at gunpoint following failed car theft attempt

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/One...450769763.html
    NORTH POLE, Alaska (KTUU) - An attempted vehicle theft went wrong on Saturday, leaving one of the two alleged thieves held at gunpoint until authorities arrived. The other man, identified as Connor M. O'Neill, 18, of Fairbanks, ran away from the area after he was shot in the leg.

Troopers say the incident began around 7 a.m. on Oct. 7. A homeowner in the area of Faultline Avenue in North Pole spotted two men who were allegedly stealing a vehicle from a private property. He apparently shot at the two men, striking O'Neill in the leg. The other, who is a juvenile that Alaska State Troopers did not identify by name, did not escape, and was instead held at gunpoint until AST and Fairbanks Police Department officers arrived.

O'Neill didn't make it very far. Just before 7:30 a.m. that same morning, troopers got a call that O'Neill was found in the hallway of the Middleton Avenue apartment complex, "attempting to get inside an apartment." Troopers arrived and subsequently arrested O'Neill after he was treated with emergency medical care for his wound.

In an online dispatch, troopers say O’Neill "was identified as a fugitive from justice out of Texas." They say the investigation into this incident is still ongoing.

4 for today.

Man who shot back after armed robber shot at him outside church speaks out

http://wpde.com/news/local/armed-rob...tim-speaks-out
    Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — The man who shot back after an armed robber shot at him outside of a church last month is now speaking out about his experience.
    George King Young II is finally speaking about the night that changed his perspective on life.
    "You just don't ever think it's going to happen to you," said Young.
    Young was sitting in his truck, keeping an eye on Grand Strand Baptist Church's art festival set-up, when Richmond Collier came up and asked for change for a $20.
    "The next thing I know, Richmond steps around my truck door and I have a nine millimeter in my stomach and he's telling me to give it up, give it up," said Young.

The next few minutes have been replaying in Young's mind ever since that night.
    "When he looked away, I saw the opportunity that it was my chance to get my firearm out and I pulled my gun out at the time and he turned and he fired and, thank God, he hit the truck door of my truck and then, when he fired, I returned fire," said Young.
    Young was not hit but Collier was left with eight bullet wounds.
    After he was shot, Collier ran to the Ruby Tuesday by the Tanger Outlets, and Young followed him.
    "I was like, 'Hey, buddy, you hit? You hit?' and, he was like, 'Yes, sir,' so, I was like, 'Lay down, let's get you an ambulance,'" said Young.

Young has been overwhelmed with emotions since the shooting.
    "It broke my heart. It really did. I have a son in college his age, so, yeah, it was tough, and I've been going through an emotional roller,coaster these last two weeks. It was really hard to know you've hurt somebody like that," said Young.
    Young says he is heartbroken for the young man who almost killed him.
    "I've never one time wished any ill-will towards him or anybody. We're just here to love people and help people and that's what we want to try to do," said Young.

Young hopes the events of Sept. 29 will help Collier change his life's direction.
    "If he could use this for good, that would be, you know, that would be great," said Young.

5 today.

Police: Burglar, thwarted at one home, breaks into house down the street

http://okcfox.com/news/local/police-...own-the-street
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — Oklahoma City police are searching for a burglary suspect who tried to get into one metro home, and successfully stole from another.
    Police say on Oct. 6, the suspect attempted to get into a home in the 1300 block of NW 19th St., but was confronted by the homeowners. He fled the scene before officers arrived.
    Unfortunately, police report the suspect went to another home on the same street and successfully broke in.

"This idiot breaks into my kitchen through the window in the back of my house. I don't know this. I'm upstairs sleeping," said homeowner, Tom Furlong.
    Furlong told FOX 25 his wife was wide awake and confronted by the burglar in their master bedroom.
    "She noticed some lights underneath the doorway. She thought it was something outside and all of a sudden the door opens and she says, Tom get up! There's somebody in the house," Furlong said. "My wife says, get your gun! I think, that's probably a good idea."

Police say he stole some cash and credit cards before he was discovered by those residents and fled.
    "Sooner or later he's going to interface with law enforcement in a way that's going to put him behind bars. Whether or not they'll be able to connect him to my crime, I don't know," Furlong said. "I hope they will so that we know that this guy's done and gone."
    OKCPD officials say no one was injured in either crime.

Seemingly unprovoked boulder attack leads to fatal shooting at Jurupa Valley park and ride

http://www.pe.com/2017/10/13/boulder...park-and-ride/
    A seemingly unprovoked attack in which a boulder was thrown at a car at a Jurupa Valley park and ride lot led to a fatal shooting early Friday morning, California Highway Patrol officials said.

Around 12:30 a.m., officers were called to a park and ride lot on Mission Boulevard west of Etiwanda Avenue in Jurupa Valley for a shooting, according to a CHP news release.

Paramedics took an unidentified man to Riverside Community Hospital, where he later died, according to the statement.

Investigators learned a man was sitting in his vehicle in the parking area when a man and woman approached his vehicle, according to authorities.

For an unknown reason, “the male threw a large boulder through the driver side window” which led the man in the vehicle to open fire, striking the man who threw the large rock, officials said. The woman ran off before officers arrived, but was later found and detained.

The shooter immediately dialed 9-1-1, according to authorities.

The armed man was detained and questioned, said CHP Officer Daniel Olivas. No arrests have been made.

The identity of the dead man was not released.

Investigators ask anyone with information about the shooting to call the California Highway Patrol, Inland Division MAIT at 909-806-2400.

2 today.

Suspect, employee exchange fire during attempted armed robbery in Durham

http://www.wral.com/suspect-employee...rham/17012504/
    DURHAM, N.C. — Durham police are searching for a man who shot at a store clerk during an attempted robbery last month.

Authorities said a man wearing a mask entered the Smoke 4 Less shop on Avondale Drive at about 8 p.m. on Sept. 28 and fired a shot at an employee, who returned fire.

The employee sustained a gunshot wound to his arm, and the man fled without taking anything.

About 30 minutes later, police officers responded to an armed robbery at a Hardees at 4607 South Alston Avenue in which a man with a gun entered the restaurant and demanded money, authorities said.

Police said the man fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Authorities believe the two incidents are related.

Anybody with information is asked to call Durham police at 919-560-4440 or Crime Stoppers at 919-683-1200.

Man shoots, kills attempted robber on east side

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/15/man-sho...-on-east-side/
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Officials are investigating after a man shot and killed another man who attempted to rob his home.

It happened in the 3000 block of Bavarian Drive around 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

Police said when they arrived on scene they found a man dead inside the home, who was later identified as the man who attempted to rob the homeowner.

The homeowner is said to be in full cooperation with authorities.

No arrests have been made.

Victim information has yet to be released.

Might be more to this one. We'll see how it turns out.

http://www.newson6.com/story/3659904...to-enter-house
    Sequoyah County Homeowner Shoots Man Trying To Enter House

SEQUOYAH COUNTY, Oklahoma - The OSBI and Sequoyah County Sheriff's office is investigating a deadly shooting just north of Gore.
    A homeowner called 911 Saturday afternoon saying he shot someone who was trying to enter the home.

The Sequoyah County sheriff said the victim is the father of the homeowner's ex-girlfriend.

The victim has been identified as 61-year-old Bob Shanks of Salina Kansas.

The sheriff said Shanks was in town with other family members for his cousin's funeral.

Page 57 of 339 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast