Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 122 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/19/ho...med-intruders/

Home Invasion Victims Use AR–15 To Defend Themselves Against Five Armed Intruders
    Three men were asleep inside their Glen St. Mary, Fla. mobile home when five young intruders claiming to be police broke down the front door at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, News 4 Jax reports.

The first intruder wore a mask and shouted, “Sheriff’s office!” from outside the trailer before breaking the front door down and shooting a single round.

Upon hearing the break-in, two of the three men staying in the mobile home — one armed with an AR–15 and another with a handgun — confronted the criminals with open fire in self-defense.

The armed victims shot about 30 rounds, killing the gunman who wore a mask — Corey Lauramore — and wounding two others — William Lauramore and an unidentified 16-year-old.

The intruders’ group was made up of a total of seven young men, even though only five entered the house, including Corey Lauamore, 18; William Lauramore, 24; Joseph Albino, 24; Zachary Bell, 20; Christian Watkins, 19; Cayden Lauramore, 15; and a 16-year-old male.

The three victims dialed 911 after shooting three of the five intruders and made it out of the scene alive and unharmed.

According to investigators, the invasion “escalated” as the result of conflict between the two groups “that was stoked by social media threats.”

https://www.timesleader.com/news/700...er-at-gunpoint

Hanover Twp. homeowner holds alleged trespasser at gunpoint | Times Leader

HANOVER TWP. — Despite living only a block away, a township man reeking of alcohol was held at gunpoint after he attempted to enter a house “to get out of the rain” early Thursday, according to court papers.

Township police allege Mark Dawson, 39, of Garrahan Street, attempted to enter a residence on Shawnee Street just after 4 a.m.

A barking dog inside the Shawnee Street house alerted the homeowner, who grabbed a pistol and held Dawson at gunpoint until police arrived, court papers say.

A block separates Garrahan and Shawnee streets.

According to a criminal complaint:

Police responded to the 500 block of Shawnee on a report that a man unknown to the homeowner entered his house. The homeowner told police he was sleeping on a couch while his wife and three children were sleeping in bedrooms.

When Dawson entered, a dog began to bark, awakening the homeowner who said he “witnessed a man half inside my house.” The homeowner grabbed a pistol and told Dawson not to move.

Dawson attempted to run and was chased by the homeowner.

Police encountered Dawson with his hands in the air and the homeowner holding his pistol.

Dawson told police “I was just trying to get out of the rain” and was “coming home from the bar.”

The suspect reeked of an alcoholic beverage.

Dawson was arraigned in Luzerne County Central Court on charges of criminal trespass, loitering and prowling at night, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He was released on $5,000 unsecured bail.

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/s...bbery-attempt/

Shots fired in thwarted robbery attempt
    Shots fired in thwarted robbery attempt

Darryl Welch

Updated: April 19, 2018, 8:03 p.m.

COVINGTON, Ga. – A Covington homeowner pulled his own gun and fired a couple of shots after an armed assailant attempted to rob him outside his home early Wednesday morning, authorities said.

According to a Newton County Sheriff’s Office incident report, law enforcement responded to the home on Rosemoore Drive just past midnight April 18 on a report of the robbery attempt. An NCSO spokesperson said the homeowner had just arrived home when he was approached by an unknown male suspect brandishing a handgun who demanded his property.

When the suspect raised his gun, the homeowner drew his own weapon and fired a shot. The would-be robber fled the scene and the homeowner observed a vehicle drive by at a high rate of speed. After hearing what he thought was a gunshot, the homeowner fired a shot at the vehicle.

The suspect was described as a dark-skinned black male, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and 150 to 170 pounds, with twists wearing a white T-shirt, dark pants and a jacket wrapped around his waist. He was armed with a small black handgun. No description of the vehicle is available. The case remains under investigation.

Manhunt for murder suspect begins second day

https://www.troymessenger.com/2018/0...-self-defense/

D.A.: Fatal shootings possibly self-defense

By Jacob Holmes

Published 7:28 am Friday, April 20, 2018

Two fatal shootings that happened within two weeks of each other in Troy are being treated as potential self-defense shootings according to District Attorney Tom Anderson.

“There appears to be substantial evidence that this conduct may well have been defensible conduct,” Anderson said. “It would render these persons immune from prosecution, so there needs to be a complete, finalized case reviewed and presented to a grand jury before any decision to charge is made.”

The first fatal shooting took place on Saturday, March 25 at Watkins Court.

Police arrived to find Jemarion Deandre Edwards, 27, dead of a gunshot wound.

“There were a lot of people on Watkins Court when Edwards was shot,” said Troy Police Chief Randall Barr.

Two weeks later, Bobby Tremain barrow, 41, was shot and killed on Hanchey Street.

Police responded to the shooting at approximately 12:49 a.m. Saturday, April 7 in the 600 block of Hanchey Street and found two men suffering from gunshot wounds, Barr said.

“The other victim was a 39-year-old male from Luverne,” Barr said. “This subject was transported to Troy Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated for his injuries and released from the emergency room.”

Although suspects have been identified in both cases according to Barr, they have not been named publically.

Anderson referenced Section 13A-3-23 of the Code of Alabama, which states that “A person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by that other person, and he may use a degree of force which he reasonably believes to be necessary for the purpose.”

Anderson said the case is still being investigated so that it can be presented to a grand jury that will decide whether to charge anyone with a crime.

“We need to do a complete and thorough review of the facts before a decision is made.,” Anderson said. “In a situation like this, you want to bring witnesses in front of the grand jury.”

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...say/535688002/

Greenville resident shoots and kills suspected burglar, deputies say
    Angelia DavisUpdated 2:14 p.m. ET April 20, 2018
    Greenville County deputies are investigating the shooting of a reported burglar in a home on Easterlin Way, a gated community off Woodruff Road.

Deputies said they responded to the scene - an apartment within the Towns at Woodruff Crossing - at approximately 8:10 a.m. Friday after a resident reported coming home to find someone in the house.

The resident fired at least one round and retreated outside to call and wait for law enforcement to respond, the Sheriff's Office said. Deputies arrived and searched the house, finding the subject in the master bedroom closet and deceased.

Douglas Sweeney identified his niece as the resident who shot the suspected burglar. He described her as "hysterical" after the shooting.

He said she had been talking to a property manager in Spartanburg about a man who'd been harassing her at the club where she worked as a bartender.

He said when his niece, who has not been identified by authorities, returned from work and carried her two children to school. Then she returned to her apartment.

Sweeney when his 34-year-old niece went inside, she noticed an "unusual smell, an odor, cologne or whatever" and felt like someone had gotten into her home.

She started looking around the house and opened a closet and "there he was," Sweeney said.

"They put him out of the club and when they put him out, evidently he came here some time of time or another and broke into her place," Sweeney said. "Fortunately, she'd gotten a weapon to protect herself and her children."

Sweeney said the property manager who'd been on the phone with his niece called 911.

He said the call went to Spartanburg authorities first before it was turned over to Greenville County. Greenville deputies and Mauldin police initially arrived on the scene, Sweeney said.

"I hate that this happened," he said. "But it happened."

"You don't wake up in the morning and want to face this kind of stuff.

The coroner's office is also investigating.

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/news/loc...nty/85-8102952

Jerome Mobley is accused of murdering his wife, who was found dead Wednesday morning.Since then he has been on the run. Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said a homeowner found him hiding inside and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/..._shoots_a.html

Waffle House customer shot at fleeing robbers on Elysian Fields: NOPD
    Laura McKnightUpdated 2:32 PM; Posted 9:57 AM
    A customer at a Waffle House on Elysian Fields Avenue shot at two men as they fled the scene Thursday night (April 19), New Orleans police said.

Two men with handguns entered a Waffle House in the 2900 block of Elysian Fields Avenue around 10:13 p.m. Thursday. One of the men jumped the counter and demanded money and cellphones. As the two men were fleeing, a customer pulled out a gun and shot at the robbers, according to the New Orleans Police Department's major offense log sent Friday morning.

At the scene Thursday night, a police vehicle with its lights flashing blocked the entrance to the Waffle House. Roughly six yellow evidence cones dotted the parking lot in front of the restaurant, and several uniformed officers and crime-scene techs could be seen inside. About eight-to-10 other people also remained inside of the Waffle House, including some customers, but mostly employees in Waffle House uniforms and polo shirts bearing the restaurant's logo.

Near midnight, Rashad Jenkins and another customer walked out of the restaurant and recounted the night. Jenkins said he and the other customer were in line to place a to-go order when two men came into the restaurant.

Jenkins said one of the men hopped the counter so quickly that he didn't realize a robbery was underway until the second man took out a gun and told everyone to get down. Jenkins said about six people were in the restaurant, including two employees.

At that point, Jenkins said a customer standing behind him pulled out his own gun.

"Just by the grace of God, a good Samaritan who had a concealed weapon permit, who was standing behind me, scared them off," Jenkins said.

A Burger King in the 6300 block of Elysian Fields Avenue was also robbed at gunpoint 45 minutes prior to the Waffle House incident. NOPD is investigating "these incidents as possibly being related," said department spokesman Aaron Looney.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...k-on-girls-pet

Fairbanks Man Shoots Dog to Stop Attack on Girls' Pet
    An 80-year-old Fairbanks man shot a pit bull that attacked a small dog being walked by two girls.

FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — A Fairbanks man shot a pit bull to stop an attack on a small dog being walked by two girls outside his home, police said.

Vern Woods fired two shots into the larger dog, which later was euthanized.

Woods, 80, will not face charges, Fairbanks police officer Doug Welborn told the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner . The pit bull's owner was bitten trying to stop the attack, Welborn said.

Woods was watching television Wednesday when he looked outside and saw his 12- and 16-year-old neighbors step out of their suburban home with their rat terrier on a leash. They crossed to Woods' side of the street.

As they took pictures, Woods said, the pit bull "came out of nowhere at a dead run." The small dog tried to escape and its leash wrapped around the girls' legs.

"The pit bull hit that little dog and pinned him to the ground. The girls naturally tried to jump back, but they hit that leash and they fell," Woods said. "They were trying to kick at the dog and yelling at it but it wouldn't let go. I've never seen anything so ferocious in my life."

The pit bull's owner appeared and tried to pull his dog away but was knocked down.

"Now there's three of them lying on the ground," Woods said. "I ran out my back porch to my car and I grabbed my pistol and ran out my garage. The girls' father is there by now and he's beating on the dog's head when he could, but this dog was so fast. I started shouting, 'Let him go, get away from him. Back up, I'm going to kill him.'"

The larger dog shook the rat terrier "like a limp rag," Woods said.

With the people out of the way, Woods shot the pit bull in the head. The bigger dog dropped the rat terrier but remained standing. Woods fired again.

"I turned around and looked at the little girls. They're panicking and crying, their dog is all chewed up and their dad ran them back into the house," Woods said.

"This went on for about two or three minutes, and I didn't go downstairs until it intensified so bad it scared me," Woods said of the attack. "I always thought pit bulls got a bad rap, but after seeing how ferocious they can be . I've been here 47 years, and I'm a hunter, and I'll tell you, I'd rather have a bear attack me than a pit bull."

http://wgntv.com/2018/04/18/customer...obber-in-gary/

Customer fatally shoots would-be robber in Gary
    Posted 7:09 PM, April 18, 2018, by WGN Web Desk and Tonya Francisco, Updated at 07:10PM, April 18, 2018
    Customer shoots would-be robber

GARY, Ind. -- The investigation continues after a suspected holdup left a robbery suspect dead.

Two men approached an employee at a used car lot in the 400 block of W. Ridge Rd in Gary. They pulled out a gun and tried to rob him this Wednesday afternoon.

But a customer at the lot pulled out his own gun and shot and killed one suspect in self defense.

The other suspect remains on the loose.

Gary police are still investigating the incident.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ood/528672002/

Man says he shot 'vicious' pit bull that mauled cat in Springfield neighborhood
    Giacomo BolognaUpdated 7:58 p.m. CT April 18, 2018
    Police investigate the scene after a man shot at two
    Next Slide
    5 Photos

Man says he shot 'vicious' pit bull that mauled cat

A contractor was working on the back porch of a Springfield home Wednesday morning when he heard a commotion.

A postal worker was honking her horn nearby, and Charles Corcoran ran out to the street.

Two dogs —a red one and a white one — were attacking a smaller animal, Corcoran said, and he tried to break it up.

Then the dogs turned on him, he said.

The red dog was definitely a "full-blooded pit bull," Corcoran said, and the white dog appeared to be a pit bull mix.

Corcoran, 47, said he fired a few shots from his handgun and believes he hit the red dog.

The two dogs took off running in opposite directions in the 300 block of East McGee Street, Corcoran said.

The red dog started coming back to Corcoran, he said, so he fired another round at the dog, which then fled the area.

This was the second time that day the dogs had threatened Corcoran, he said.

"They were going yard-to-yard looking for trouble," he said. "They were vicious. They tried to attack me."

Corcoran said he was working on the back porch of a home when the dogs first approached and he had to fend them off.

The dogs then harassed a neighbor's dog, Corcoran said, and the neighbor called animal control.

About 20 to 30 minutes later, he heard the postal worker honking.

Several police officers and an animal control officer responded to scene at about 11 a.m.

The two dogs were nowhere to be seen.

Police officers bent down to look under a minivan parked in a driveway. The animal control officer scooped out a cat from under the van.

The cat's owner, who lived where the minivan was parked, arrived on scene shortly thereafter.

C.J. Taylor spoke with the News-Leader and said the cat's name was Mr. Lilly. Taylor said he has a 9-year-old daughter and his family has had Mr. Lilly for pretty much her whole life.

Taylor said he wasn't sure if his cat was going to live and was getting ready to take him to the veterinarian.

"Those dogs destroyed my little girl's life," Taylor said, "She's not gonna be happy."

Taylor said he was grateful for the actions of Corcoran, which could have spared Mr. Lilly's life.

"I'd have done the same thing," Taylor said.

Taylor then spoke briefly with Corcoran before taking Mr. Lilly to the vet.

Corcoran said he was surprised to learn the cat was still alive.

"It looked like they were trying to play tug-of-war with it," Corcoran said. "I'm just grateful it's a cat, not a kid."

Page 122 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast