Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 289 of 339 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

Another woman protecting her self from the scum of the earth:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-suspect-dead/
    And they count him in the numbers of victims of gun violence:
    http://gunmemorial.org/2019/10/16/corey-teixeira
    SIC
    "Jus a cheld killet for taking "thing" Are thing more important than people?"

Yeap, a kind of...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/legally-a...ooting-indiana

Legally armed driver shoots, kills gunman to stop fatal shooting spree in Indiana
    The suspect allegedly attacked two cemetery workers without provocation

Michael Ruiz44 mins ago
    Fox News Flash top headlines for July 17

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

A legally armed man shot and killed a gunman in Brownsburg, Ind., this week after a fatal unprovoked shooting, saving a second victim's life in the process.

The 22-year-old suspect, Joshua Christopher Hayes, allegedly attacked two men as they were working in the Brownsburg Cemetery Tuesday afternoon, Indianapolis-based WISH-TV reported.

Without provocation, Hayes allegedly chased 36-year-old worker Seth Robertson out into an intersection, where he shot and killed him, according to the station.

INDIANA PROSECUTOR CHARGES 2 MEN WITH ASSAULT OF A BLACK MAN AT LAKE AFTER VIRAL VIDEO

As Hayes was chasing the second cemetery worker, one of his bullets whizzed into the vehicle of an unidentified good Samaritan who was stopped at a red light near the intersection, injuring him, the Indianapolis Star reported.

That man stepped out of the car, returned fire with a legal weapon and fatally struck Hayes.

*This tragic event could have been much more disastrous,* Brownsburg Police Capt. Jennifer Barrett told WISH. *Victim three not only saved victim two*s life, but he saved potentially the lives of many others. Victim three did exactly what anybody would have wanted him to do at that scene that day.*

Speaking with a WIBC, a local radio station, Second Amendment attorney Guy Relford said he was representing the driver and argued that the shooting was justified.

*My client looked at that and realized there was one thing he could do and that was take action to save an innocent life,* he told the station. *The scenario was fairly clear to him in that one person was chasing another and the other was saying, *no, no, no, no, please don*t shoot me.**

Relford is also a firearms trainer and a weekend host at the radio station.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

*They very quickly, the BPD did, determined my client acted completely lawfully and he was justified under Indiana law,* Relford said in the interview.

Police told WISH they did not see a reason to charge the driver with a crime but the decision would be made by the Hendricks County Prosecutor*s Office.

Investigators also said they believed Hayes* mental health issues may have led to the shootout.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-w...home-tire-iron

Florida woman shoots, kills man trying to break into her home
    The sheriff said the shooting appeared 'perfectly legal'

Stephen Sorace2 hours ago
    Fox News Flash top headlines for August 22Video
    Fox News Flash top headlines for August 22

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.
    A Florida woman shot and killed a man who returned to her home after an argument early Saturday and tried to use a tire iron to smash his way inside, authorities said.

The shooting happened just after 6 a.m. in an unincorporated area of Auburndale in Polk County, Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference. Judd said it appeared the *shooter was perfectly legal to defend her home from a burglar.*

WEDDING GUEST IN TEXAS SHOOTS GROOM IN CHEST; BRIDE REFUSES TO TALK

*You have a right to protect yourself in your home and be free from home invaders, armed burglars, and certainly he was armed with a tire iron and making an attempt to come in through the window,* Judd said. "She stopped him. She stopped him permanently.*

The homeowner and the suspect were known to each other, the sheriff said. They had gone out the night before to a pool hall in Lakeland with another man and a woman who was the suspect*s live-in girlfriend. The group of four returned to the woman*s home around 4 a.m. after stopping at a liquor store for a bottle of whiskey.

The suspect and his girlfriend got into a *heated argument* around 6 a.m., and the two men left the home, the sheriff*s office said in a news release. The two women stayed at the home.

The suspect drove to the end of the street with his friend before deciding to turn around to get his girlfriend to go home with him, Judd said. The suspect banged and kicked the front door, demanding to see his girlfriend.

The other man tried to get the suspect to leave, but the suspect grabbed a tire iron from his car and smashed a window of the home. The suspect was yelling and threatened to kill the two women, the sheriff*s office said.

Sheriff Grady Judd said the woman appeared to be within her legal rights to shoot the man who was using a tire iron to break into her home.
    Sheriff Grady Judd said the woman appeared to be within her legal rights to shoot the man who was using a tire iron to break into her home. (Polk County Sheriff's Office)
    The woman who owned the home got a handgun and fired at the suspect, who died immediately at the scene, Judd said.

*This is another incidence where you just should have left,* Judd said. *But when you came back to the house that*s not your home, and you tried to break in to get a girlfriend who didn't want to go with you, and you*re shot and killed while breaking into the house with a tire iron, that was a bad choice. And it*s the last bad choice he*ll make.*

Judd said the medical examiner*s office will determine whether the suspect was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The names of the people involved have not been released.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The sheriff*s office was still investigating the incident.

(Philadelphia County)

I want to know what the story behind WEDDING GUEST IN TEXAS SHOOTS GROOM IN CHEST; BRIDE REFUSES TO TALK is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I want to know what the story behind WEDDING GUEST IN TEXAS SHOOTS GROOM IN CHEST; BRIDE REFUSES TO TALK is.
    I posted the link to the story in the threadcrapping thread. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...74158&page=487

https://lehighvalleyramblings.blogsp...ings-over.html

Easton PD Plagued by 16 Shootings Over 14 Weeks

Easton's Police Department has been busy this summer with 16 shootings over the past 14 weeks. It has also been hampered by neighbors who refuse to cooperate. "This is not gang-related, said DA Terry Houck at a news conference on Wednesday. He labeled the shooters as "thugs and punks" out to settle scores. "What is ultimately going to happen here is a child is going to be killed in the cross-fire," warned Houck.

The shootings in Easton are part of a trend seen this summer in many of the nation's cities.

What's the reason? Is it the hot summer? People cooped up in their homes, unable to work as a result of Covid-19? "If I knew the answer to that, I'd be a rich man," said Detective Ben Mastrofilippo. What he does know is that residents are unwilling to get involved.

Det. Mastrofilippo filed simple assault and recklessly endangering charges yesterday against Elaine Ennis Tiasha, age 30, over a West Ward shooting on August 17. Ironically, she is the person who was shot.

Tiasha was suspicious that another woman, only identified as N.S., was having a clandestine affair with her child's father. N.S. denied this, but Tiasha felt she had been disrespected and began to beat up the much smaller N.S. She was in fear for her life and retrieved a Ruger EC9S from her fanny pack. This weapon was legally purchased and N.S. had a concealed carry permit. Tiasha tried to grab for the gun, but was shot in the chest. This ended the assault. N/.S. immediately said, "Call 911!" and surrendered her handgun to police when they arrived.

The altercation occurred on the 900 block of Ferry Street, on the front porch of a home owned by N.S.' parents.

Although police obtained a 49-second video of the shooting (you can see it above), it did not come from a neighbor. It instead came from N.S.'s sister. It had been given to her anonymously.

"This needs to be a lesson," Houck said of the shooting. He surmised that Tiasha, who is both 80 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller than N.S., was looking for a fight. "This is why you don't do stuff like this."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...got-more-ammo/

Gun Store Owner Who Shot Alleged Robber: *Don*t Come Back, I*ve Got More Ammo*
    AWR Hawkins13 Sep 2020
    1:40

A gun store owner in Richardson, Texas, faked a heart attack during an alleged armed robbery Thursday, buying time to get his hands on a gun and shoot one of the suspects.

CBS DFW reported the incident occurred around 3 p.m. at Mike*s Gun Room.

Fox 4 reported that 77-year-old Mike Brown was in the store by himself when four masked men entered, acting as customers, then proceeded with an alleged robbery attempt.

Brown said the men forced him to the floor behind the counter and allegedly put a gun to the back of his head. He then told them he had a heart condition and needed to get his medicine. As the men walked away, Brown retrieved his gun, then shot when one of the men allegedly turned back toward him.

Brown said, *I told him to stop. He turned around and I saw he had one handgun in his hand when he turned around.*

The wounded suspect was hospitalized and is in custody. There are still three suspects on the loose.

Brown*s message to the remaining suspects: *Don*t come back, I*ve got more ammo.*

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/oregon...ildfires-rage/

Oregon woman holds suspected arsonist at gunpoint as wildfires rage
    By Natalie O'Neill

An Oregon woman forced a suspected arsonist to the ground at gunpoint after she found him on her property with matches, dramatic video footage shows.

*What are you doing on my property? Did you light anything on fire?* Kat Cast shouts as she clutches a firearm, according to footage she posted on Facebook.

When the unidentified man responds that he was *just passing through,* she demands to know why he*s holding matches.

*I smoke,* he replies * to which Cast asks to see his cigarettes. The man then admits that he has none, and she holds him there until police arrive and haul him away in handcuffs.

The confrontation came as intense wildfires tear through the state and other parts of the West Coast * with smoke from the blazes reaching as far as Europe.

*If I need to do this again to protect my family and my neighbors, I will in a heartbeat do it again, except this time I will not be as nice as I was,* Cast wrote in the Facebook post, which also featured a photo of the suspected arsonist being handcuffed by cops.

She declined to comment further on the incident.

*I will not put my family in danger by exposing myself any more than what I have already,* Cast wrote.

oregon-arsonist-77
    Facebook
    It wasn*t immediately clear where in Oregon the incident occurred or what the man had been charged with.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...d-armed-clerk/

Alleged Gas Station Robber Shot Dead by Armed Clerk
    AWR Hawkins21 Sep 2020
    LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 01: A sign is displayed at a Valero gas station on February 1, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. Valero Energy Corp, formerly one of the largest buyers of Venezuelan crude, has halted purchasing oil from the country following U.S. sanctions. (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)
    Mario Tama/Getty Images
    1:16

An man who allegedly tried to rob a Broward County, Florida, Valero gas station Sunday morning was shot and killed by an armed clerk.

The Miami Herald reports that the man, 34-year-old Stephon Brown, allegedly entered the Valero at about 5 a.m. and *pulled out a gun to rob the place.* The clerk responded by pulling his own gun and shooting Brown multiple times.

Brown was able to run out of the store and cross the street before collapsing in front of a McDonald*s.

NBC Miami reports that the Broward County Sheriff*s Office was called and deputies arrived to find Brown lying in front of the restaurant. He was transported to a hospital, where he died.

Page 289 of 339 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast