Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 105 of 339 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

3 today

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/po...?autoplay=true

1 Arrested After Shooting At Nashville Business

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Police have taken a suspect into custody after an employee was shot in the face by a former employee at a Nashville business.

The incident was reported around 10 a.m. Thursday on Darbytown Drive, located not far from Old Hickory Boulevard and Dickerson Pike.

Metro Police said the ordeal began at Resolution Inc. after a suspect, identified as 62-year-old Ronald Kirby, confronted and then shot an employee, who was his former boss, in the face.

The victim, identified as 59-year-old Ronald Francis, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where officials said his condition was not life-threatening.

Another employee at the business fired his weapon, but Kirby wasn't hit. A third employee was struck in the chin by one of the ricocheting bullets. The wound was confirmed to be minor. He was treated at Skyline Medical Center.

The suspect fled to a nearby Dollar General store and was found hiding in a storage area. Metro Police spokesperson Don Aaron said he never threatened SWAT officers and acknowledged that he was hiding there. His pistol was recovered from beside him.

Dickerson Pike was blocked off by police activity. Officers also surrounded a home in the Berkshire neighborhood. Several schools were placed on lockdown while the investigation was taking place.

Aaron said Kirby did not have a criminal history. He did have an accidental shooting charge back in October 2017.

Thursday afternoon, police confirmed Kirby was charged with attempted murder and three counts of aggravated assault. Authorities said he was refusing to answer questions from detectives.

Kalamazoo........ that name makes me laugh for some reason.

4 today, the criminal seems like he was pretty brazen.... until the homeowner got a shotgun.

http://wwmt.com/news/local/man-who-b...ltiple-charges

Man who barricaded himself in West D Avenue home arraigned Thursday on multiple charges
    KALAMAZOO, Mich. —

The man police accuse of crashing his vehicle through garage doors to invade and rob homes was arraigned on multiple felony and misdemeanor charges Thursday.

William Casey Switzer, 33, was taken into custody following a standoff at one of those homes Wednesday.

On Thursday, he stood before Kalamazoo County District Court Judge Tiffany Ankley on felony charges of: possession of meth (more than 10 grams), a second offense; and resisting and obstructing police.

Switzer also was charged with two counts of illegal entry, a misdemeanor under breaking and entering; and reckless driving, also a misdemeanor.

Police were called Wednesday to a home on West D Avenue in Cooper Township, following reports of a string of home invasions. A suspect in those invasions had barricaded himself in a house on West D Avenue, after confronting a man who lived next door.

“We were face-to-face,” homeowner Randy Wilkinson told Newschannel 3 on Wednesday after police had surrounded his neighbor's home.

Wilkinson woke up to a loud crash around 8:30 a.m. The suspect had crashed into Wilkinson’s garage to gain access to a small porch area but the door to get inside, but the main house was locked.

“He was pushing on that door, turning the door knob, demanding to come in,” Wilkinson said.

The suspect continued to try to break down the door. Unable to kick the door down, Wilkinson said, the suspect tried to steal his pickup that was parked in the garage.

Wilkinson took that opportunity to get his shot gun and returned to the door. “I opened this door briefly showed him the gun and said ‘you have to leave now,’” Wilkinson said.

After crashing into the garage, the suspect’s black SUV drove off the edge of Wilkinson’s driveway and was suspended on a retention wall.

Investigators said the suspect walked to the house next door, broke into that home and barricaded himself inside.

Nearly four hours into the standoff the metro SWAT team entered the home and arrested the suspect.

One for the WTF files. 5 today.

Dedicated thread here if anyone wants to comment. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...04#post3705704

This article kept coming up in my searches for the Armed Citizen thread, and I kept ignoring it until I finally realized it’s actually an armed citizen article.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/09...ing-horse.html

Alabama man accused of sexually molesting horse

Daniel Bennett, 18, has been accused of sexually molesting a horse in Alabama.

An Alabama man has been accused of repeatedly sexually molesting a horse after its owner believes she found evidence of his crimes left behind in a barn stall.

Daniel Bennett, 18, of Irvington, is awaiting trial after he allegedly told Mobile County Sheriff’s Office investigators he attempted to molest a horse, AL.com reported.

The owner of the 20-year-old steed told WPMI-TV she found Bennett in the barn Thursday night after her dogs’ barking led her to the scene.

Owner Francine Janes and her husband, who was armed with a gun, reportedly found Bennett hiding in a barn stall.

Upon being found, Janes said he told her that “He likes horses. He wanted to pet the horse.”

Bennett was reportedly held at gunpoint by Janes' husband until police arrived. Police reportedly discovered that Bennett had a trench coat with a burglar’s tool in it.

Janes doesn’t believe this is the first time Bennett has inappropriately interacted with her horse. She told investigators she found what she believes to be evidence in Polly’s stall multiple times throughout the month of December.

"I would say seven maybe 10 times," Janes told WPMI. "Toilet paper had been left. The hay stacks had been removed. Items had been turned over. And that's as far as I want to go."

Bennett’s arrest warrant lists his crime of bestiality as a misdemeanor, claiming he "engaged in or submitted to any sexual contact with an animal, to-wit: a horse," AL.com reported.

Bennett was charged with possession of burglar's tools, sexual misconduct and second-degree criminal trespassing. He’s scheduled to appear in court Jan. 18.
    Last edited by internet troll; January 11th, 2018 at 10:07 PM.

http://fox59.com/2018/01/11/greenwoo...-into-vehicle/

Greenwood man shoots at thief breaking into vehicle
    Posted 10:59 PM, January 11, 2018, by Lindsey Eaton, Updated at 11:14PM, January 11, 2018
    Homeowner fires at thief

GREENWOOD, Ind. – A homeowner caught a thief in the act and fired a shot at him.

Just after midnight on Thursday, a Greenwood father received a security alert on his cell phone about suspicious activity in his driveway.

The homeowner grabbed his gun, ran outside and found someone in the driver’s seat of his car.

“I kept yelling, ‘Put your hands up, don’t move,’ and they didn’t listen. They were pretty fearless,” the homeowner said.

The homeowner asked FOX59 to not show his face or give out his full name. He says the encounter lasted less than a minute as he pointed a gun at the suspect through the car window.

“They were rummaging through their jacket to reach for something. I didn’t know what they were going to grab, a knife, a gun, I don’t know,” he said.

The man told police he feared the suspect was grabbing a weapon so he pulled trigger.

“It is his property, it is his right to protect himself. If you feel like your life is in danger, you need to do what you feel is right to protect yourself and that’s what he did,” said Kortney Burrello with the Greenwood Police Department.

When officers showed up to the home on Vista Way, they were unable to find the suspect.

The neighborhood has been dealing with a rash of vehicle break-ins.

“We’re fed up. We’re armed. We’re sick of it and we’re not going to be victims here,” the homeowner said.

He's fairly certain the close call is enough to keep this thief away.

“(I’m) not afraid to shoot and I shot. I don’t think they’ll be coming back and they’ll meet the same thing if they do,” he said.

Detectives have obtained a copy of home surveillance video of the incident.

If you know anything that could help track down this suspect, call Greenwood Police Department at (317) 882-9191.

2 today

https://southcoastherald.co.za/25921...home-invasion/

Holidaymaker shoots robber during Bazley home invasion

A trail of blood suggested that one of the intruders had been wounded during the exchange of gunfire.

A couple returning to their Hilltop Road home in Bazley last Friday evening, was confronted by four men, two of whom were armed.

They were forced at gunpoint into their property and the intruders demanded keys to the couple’s vehicle and safe.

The husband’s initial failure to cooperate resulted in his being struck with a spade in the abdomen and knee.

“They were trussed up and made to lie face down on the bedroom floor for the next two hours while the robbers ransacked the house, taking the safe containing a rifle and two handguns, a substantial amount of money, two LED TV sets and various pieces of jewellery,” said Scottburgh SAPS communications officer, Captain Vincent Pandarum.

A case of house robbery has been registered by the Scottburgh SAPS for investigation.

On Monday afternoon this week, a 61-year-old Pietermaritzburg man was occupied in the garden of his holiday home in Marine Drive, Bazley when his nephew came and told him he had heard his grandmother screaming in the house.

Approaching the house, the man noticed that the curtains had been drawn and all the doors closed.

“He fetched his firearm from the outbuilding and went into the main house, where he found his 83-year-old mother crying and a man wearing a balaclava with a gun in his hand,” said Captain Pandarum.

An exchange of gunfire between the man and the intruder followed. The intruder and two accomplices fled the scene, having stolen a cellphone.

A blood trail left behind suggested that one of the intruders had been wounded during the exchange of gunfire.

“Investigations led members of the Ugu Cluster Operational Command Centre and the Durban Metro K9 and Field Unit, to the King Edward Hospital in Durban where the wounded suspect was found,” said Captain Pandarum.

“He was placed under arrest and is currently under police guard. He had sustained two gunshot wounds to his chest and one to his hand during the shootout.”

A second suspect was later arrested in Chesterville, where police recovered a substantial amount of money and a wristwatch which has been linked to the Hilltop Road robbery.

A firearm and more jewellery were also recovered and the suspect detained.

He has since appeared in the Scottburgh Magistrate’s Court and remains in police custody . The wounded suspect will make his first court appearance upon his discharge from hospital.

“This is excellent investigation by the members and I am pleased that these two suspects were arrested so swiftly,” said Ugu Cluster commander, Major General Sethenya Agnes Nxamagele. “The members have vowed not to rest until the outstanding robbers have also been arrested. Let this be a warning to criminals that they cannot evade the long arm of the law.”

3 today. This refers back to a shooting that happened Dec 23rd. I do not think I found the original story. It makes me wonder just how many stories make local papers but Google does not pick up on them or I just miss. I am posting both today's story and the original.

In today's story, the mother is putting the blame squarely on her child, not the victim.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...xcuse_for.html

'I will not make an excuse for my child:' Mom of teen murder suspect wants to spare other families

There's nothing quite like the pain of a parent whose heart aches and worries for their child.

Birmingham mother Adrieene Johnson knows that all too well.

On Thursday, her 16-year-old son, Jordan Johnson, was charged with murder in the shooting death of his 14-year-old friend. Police say the teens were robbing a man outside of a convenience store just two days before Christmas when that man shot and killed Reynold "Ray Ray" Bonner III, a high school freshman.

Jordan was criminally charged under the felony murder statute which allows a person to be charged with murder if they are participating in a felony crime that results in death, whether or not that person actually pulled the trigger.

"It's hard. It's really hard,'' Johnson said in an interview with AL.com. "I'm just kind of almost numb."

But Johnson said she in no way condones the kind of behavior that landed her son in the Jefferson County Jail. "I'm not uneducated, a drug addict, or was I an absent parent. I will not make an excuse for my child. My son has not been in my home for almost the last two years because I have not ever, or will not ever, tolerate a child that does not follow direction from an adult,'' she wrote on Facebook just hours after police announced the murder charge. "My son was educated on the consequences of poor choices and associates, was given an opportunity for private school education and lived in a safe and secure environment."

"I have spoken with my son, and I have told him I am praying for him the way I always have and will continue to do so,'' she wrote. "My heart hurts for my son, but also the mother who had to bury her baby. I cried when I found he was kille

Reynold Bonner III
    d, even before knowing my son was there because he could have been my own."

The shooting happened just before 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 23, outside KM Food Mart, also known as "Lambs," on 12th Street West. Birmingham police say Reynold and Jordan were trying to rob a man when that man wielded a gun in self-defense. Multiple shots were fired, and Reynold was struck in the chest.

A bystander performed CPR on the young teen, while police demanded a rush on the medics, according to video shot at the scene. At least one gun was recovered from the parking lot. Reynold was taken to Children's of Alabama, where he died a short time later.

Reynold's family maintains that he wasn't trying to rob anyone, and that he simply was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. "He was raised with both parents,'' his sister, Jackie Patton, said in an earlier interview with AL.com. "However, I do know sometimes when you trust people whom you call friends, you end up in situations that become life-changing."

Both families have talked of an adult man who drove the boys to the store, and wonder why he wasn't charged.

Johnson said she was sick when she heard about the fatal shooting of Reynold, and didn't even know at that time there her son was with him. "I got so sick and sad because that was a baby,'' she said. "Now, I'm not justifying his actions. I'm just sad for his mother, his family and the kids he went to school with because he's no longer here."

And she knew, had known for a while now, that it easily could have been her son killed. "Every time I logged on Facebook or heard of a teen shot, I held my breath,'' she said. "And I waited, because you don't know if it's going to be your child."

Johnson is a social worker in Birmingham and attended Vestavia Hills High School, as did her father, who is Jordan's maternal grandfather. She left Vestavia as a senior and graduated from Wenonah. "So many people say. 'It's the parents,' but that's not always the case,'' she said.

She raised Jordan until he was 14, but she had rules he didn't want to follow and the relationship was strained. "When you can buy $200 shoes and expensive clothes, you're not going to choose going to bed at 9 p.m.,'' she said. "As a young, black male in our society, you're going to go with what's flashy, what's appealing to other people."

Johnson also has two other, younger, sons. One attends private school, and the other attends Phillips Academy, Birmingham's International Baccalaureate school. Both are honor roll students and enrolled in programs for gifted students. "I couldn't have his negative decisions affecting their life,'' she said. At that point, Jordan left to go stay with his father and, sometimes, his paternal grandmother. He attended Minor High School, where he was junior up until his arrest.

"I'm so hurt. This is real,'' Johnson said. "I don't think he understood that when you hang out with certain people and make certain choices, the consequences are real."

But that's not for a lack of trying. "He'd been informed, he'd been mentored, he had people encouraging him,'' she said. "He had so many people rooting for him and it just wasn't enough."

"Society does not applaud going to work. It does not applaud wearing New Balance tennis shoes, getting an education'' Johnson said. "And the media perpetuates a lifestyle of violence, because that is what sells."

She said she last talked with her son a week ago, but didn't know then that it was possibility he would be charged in his friend's death. However, when she saw news reports of an 18-year-old charged with murder in the death of his twin brother, also under the felony murder statute, who was shot while police say the pair was trying to steal a car. "Then I knew it, and I was waiting on it,'' she said. "A lot of these men are going to be made examples of because the crime rate is so high, but I can't say, 'he's innocent and he's my baby so they need to let him go.''

That doesn't, however, ease the pain.

"It hurts because he's 16 and, depending on the outcome, he may never go to prom, he may never walk across the stage at graduation all because he wanted to make adult decisions," she said through tears. "I do not, nor have I ever condoned this lifestyle all I can do now is pray and I've told my child to do the same. May God keep him, cover him and continue to go where I can't. I love my child and I go to God on his behalf."

Johnson hopes by speaking out, she can spare another child, another family the same anguish. "To the men out there who have sons, please be mindful that they are always watching,'' she said. "When you give a child material things but lack tough love, the streets will continue to consume our children."

She also has a message for the youth. "You may get angry at your parents when they tell you 'no' but sometimes 'no' is love,'' she said. "There are options out there and somebody loves you. If something happens to you, somebody's going to mourn. Somebody's going to hurt. Somebody loves you and they're going to miss you."

Original story:

14 year old shot in chest, killed in Birmingham

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...hest_kill.html
    A 14-year-old boy died after being shot in the chest Saturday afternoon in Birmingham, according to police.

Birmingham police later identified the boy as Reynold Bonner III.

The shooting occurred at around 1:48 p.m. near the KM Food Mart at 224 12th St. West, about four blocks from Rickwood Field in west Birmingham.

At the scene, officers found the teenager suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. He was transported to Children's of Alabama where he was pronounced dead.

Sgt. Bryan Shelton said the preliminary investigation uncovered two possible motives for the shooting.

Investigators first received information that Bonner was shot in a drug transaction gone wrong. They later learned that Bonner may have been shot trying to rob another man.

Shelton said the second motive came to light after a man claiming to be the shooter came to the police administration building to speak to investigators. The man hasn't been formally charged, he said.

"Our investigators are working to piece together exactly what happened in this situation," Shelton said. "This is a tragedy for this family especially with it being the holiday season. As a community, we need to wrap our arms around young men and show them the value of life, including their own."

This is the second shooting in Birmingham on Saturday.

Four men were injured in a drive-by shooting at around 3 a.m. in the area of 3rd Avenue North and 9th Street North also in west Birmingham. No motive has been identified in that shooting, Shelton said.

Bonner's slaying is the 105th in the city this year, compared to 104 in 2016. Of those 105, at least five have been ruled justifiable and therefore aren't deemed criminal by authorities. In all of Jefferson County, there have been 164 confirmed homicides, compared to 151 last year.
    Last edited by internet troll; January 12th, 2018 at 02:11 PM.

4 today

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...tongues_b.html

Erratic man spoke in tongues before attacking gun-toting chauffeur

By Gus Burns fburns@mlive.comUpdated 2:22 PM; Posted 2:15 PM
    (MLive file photo)
    DETROIT, MI -- A 34-year-old man loitering at a Detroit gas station Thursday night needed a ride. He claimed to have plenty of money to offer in exchange, state police say.

A motorist pulled up to the gas station, located near Fort and Clark in southwest Detroit. The loiterer approached.

If you give me a ride to the north side of the city, I'll pay to fill your gas tank and give you an $100, the ride-deprived man offered.

It was a pretty sweet deal. The driver, who was licensed to carry a concealed firearm and had two of them, accepted. They set off down the road.

It didn't take long. Things took a turn.

"The victim begins traveling westbound on Interstate 96 freeway with his unknown passenger," state police said. "As the two approach Grand Boulevard, the passenger beings speaking in tongues before he reaches over and tries steering the vehicle into neighboring motorist."

The driver turned to his insurance policy -- the gun he had easy access to.

"The suspect takes a hold of the weapon as the victim attempts to simultaneously maintain control of the vehicle, making the weapon inoperable," police said.

After the driver was able to discharge the gun, apparently striking his passenger in the arm, the passenger was able to strip away the gun, exit the vehicle and run off.

The driver proceeded to the next exit and called 911, police say.

A short time later, Detroit police responded to an unrelated emergency call. Someone was breaking into a church. Investigators located and arrested the man, who turned out to be the unpredictable fare from the earlier incident.

Police transported the man to an area hospital, where he was treated for a gunshot to the arm, and learned where he stashed the gun stolen from the driver earlier that night.

The suspect remained hospitalized Friday, Jan. 12, but will eventually be transported to the Detroit Detention Center jail once hes sufficiently recovered, police said. Charges in the case are pending.

5 today.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...obbery-suspect
    Phoenix PD: Business owner shoots robbery suspect

abc15.com staff
    PHOENIX - The Phoenix Police Department says a business owner shot a robbery suspect and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

The incident happened at a business near Greenway Road and Tatum Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. Friday.

Police say the man was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. Another suspect also involved in the robbery was not injured and was detained at the scene.

The name of the business and identity of the suspects has not been released.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

6 today

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/do...bay-police-say

Dog walker shoots pit bull during attack in Palm Bay, police say
    No charges to be filed against shooter; dog euthanized

PALM BAY, Fla. - A dog walker shot a pit bull that was later euthanized after a man said his neighbor's dog attacked him in Palm Bay, according to police.

The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Granata Avenue.

The man told police he and his dog were walking on Granata Avenue when they were attacked by two dogs, including a 4-year-old brindle pit bull named Sammy.

"I can't think about anything but my dog," owner Mikayla Butcher told News 6 on Friday. "She was my everything," the 19-year-old said.

The man shot at Samy with his .380 handgun and struck the dog a couple of times, a police report obtained by News 6 stated.

The dog was taken to Eau Gallie Veterinary Hospital, where it was euthanized.

"There were two bullets in her lungs. She would have needed two surgeries and I didn't want to put her through that," Butcher said.

No charges will be filed against the 53-year-old man who shot the dog, police said.

The police report said Sammy was on a leash, which was tied to a stake but she pulled the stake out of the ground.

Police said the man reported that Butcher's dog bit him and hurt his own dog, too. He said that, before shooting his handgun, he tried kicking the dog.

"My dog was an angel. She would not hurt a thing," Butcher said.

News 6 called the man on Friday, but he didn't pick up or call back.

The man has a concealed weapons permit.

The police report takes his side, saying he acted in self-defense.

"Pit bulls are misjudged because of how other people have treated them," Butcher said.

7 today

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/off-d...land/507569229

Off-duty Metro officer shoots burglary suspect in Pearland
    PEARLAND, TEXAS - An off-duty Metro police officer shot and wounded a burglary suspect at his Pearland home Friday afternoon, according to Pearland police.

The officer told police he caught the suspect inside his home in the 14000 block of Ginger Cove.

As the suspect drove off, the officer fired several shots at his vehicle, police said.

Pearland officers later found the suspect near the intersection of Cullen and Prosperity Ridge in Houston.

He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital with a gunshot wound. There’s no word on his condition.

Page 105 of 339 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast