Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

3 today.

Man Fatally Shoots Pit Bull To Stop Attack

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/2...atal-shooting/
    MANCHESTER, N.H. (CBS) – A New Hampshire man shot and killed a pit bull that chased after him and attacked his dog.

Two pit bulls that had gotten loose from their owner were running in the area of South Taylor Street and South Belmont Street.

Richard D’Amour was walking his 5-year-old lab mix named Molly in the neighborhood when he saw the aggressive pit bulls ahead of him.

He turned toward his home and began to run with his dog, but the pit bulls gave chase.

A driver on the street unsuccessfully tried to turn his car into the path of the dogs to slow them down.

Manchester Police said the man made it to his rear porch when the pit bull named Luigi attacked and latched on to Molly.

“The dog caught her right at the top and clamped on the back of her neck,” D’Amour said.

D’Amour and the Good Samaritan tried to separate the dogs, but were unable.

“He wouldn’t let go and I thank God the other guy who stopped me, he came and helped me, we tried to separate the two dogs and we just couldn’t and this guy’s a big guy he was punching the living hell out of the pit bull and it wouldn’t let go so then I pulled my weapon out and I shot the dog,” D’Amour said.

Molly’s owner took out a pistol that he is licensed to carry and shot one bullet into Luigi’s upper torso, killing him. The second pit bull did not get involved in the altercation.

D’Amour was also bitten during the struggle. He says Molly has two serious wounds.

“It’s an unfortunate incident but thank God I was carrying,” D’Amour said.

The owner of the pit bulls arrived in the area and was cooperative with police. The dogs had current vaccination records and their owner said he was out trying to corral them at the time of the incident.

D’Amour said the owner of the dogs told him he did the right the thing.

Police say witnesses confirmed the story and at this point there are no charges.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

Man shoots at 2 men accused of roughing up, trying to steal purse from mom; he strikes 1, NOPD says

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...9368720dd.html
    A man traded gunfire with two men accused of roughing up his mother in an attempt to steal her purse in Gentilly last week, striking one of the suspected robbers while helping catch both, according to New Orleans police.

Police said Brandon Morgan, 33, and Jeremy Davis, 20, approached a woman in the 3800 block of Havana Place about 12:35 p.m. Friday as she was entering her car, parked in a neighbor's driveway. Wearing masks, Morgan and Davis allegedly pulled pistols out and told the unidentified woman to get on the ground before one of them tried to take her purse away, police alleged.

The woman tried to back away, prompting one of her alleged attackers to grab her by the hair and toss her to the ground, police said. One of the accused men grabbed the woman's purse, and they both fled toward a nearby backyard in the 3700 block of Virgil Street, police said.

Police said the victim's son then chased after Morgan and Davis, who fired bullets at him but missed. The unidentified son fired his own gun back and struck Davis in his right leg and left foot, police said.

Police officers later arrived at the scene, cordoned off the area and captured Morgan as well as Davis, according to authorities. Davis went to a hospital for treatment but was later booked on counts of armed robbery and aggravated assault with a firearm.

Meanwhile, police jailed Morgan on counts of armed robbery, aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a stolen firearm.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061