Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 56 of 339 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

2 today.

Deputies: Elderly man shoots at burglar

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/loc...ots-at-burglar
    EDGEWATER, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Volusia County deputies say an 81-year-old man caught a burglar breaking into his home Monday morning and started shooting.

“All I know is that when he started breaking the window, I went in my garage and got my gun and came back and he was there breaking the window out and I started shooting at him,” said the homeowner in a call to 911. Adding that he fired multiple shots.

Deputies say it happened home on Old Mission Road near Edgewater at around 9:15 a.m. They say the elderly man was in bed when he heard the doorbell.

“I peeked out the curtain over there and I watched him for a while and he wandered around and he went to his truck and got some gloves or something,” the homeowner said in the 911 call.

That’s when investigators say the burglar went around back and tried getting inside. Investigators say the suspect took off after hearing the gunfire but he may have been shot or grazed by a bullet.

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s with dirty blonde hair, wearing a light blue shirt and khaki pants. Deputies say the suspect may have been driving a white mid-2000s era Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

Robbery suspect shot, arrested after he goes to hospital

http://www.apalachtimes.com/news/201...es-to-hospital
    BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) ” Police in Louisiana say an armed-robbery suspect was shot in the arm by one of his victims.

A suspect was arrested Saturday. The alleged robbery attempt was last Thursday afternoon in Baton Rouge. The Advocate reports that police say the suspect approached two people in a parking lot and threatened them with a gun. They handed him their cell phones. But, according to the police report, one of the victims pulled out his own gun and fired.

Police said the suspect ran away. Police later found a long trail of blood and a cell phone of one of the victims.

The suspect was arrested after he went to a hospital.

Twenty-nine-year-old Malcolm Williams of Baton Rouge was being held Sunday on a charge of armed robbery.

Video at the link.

Detroit CPL holder unloads on armed robber caught on video

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...obber-on-video
    DETROIT (WJBK) - An attempted robbery in Detroit didn't go as planned for the suspect, when the intended victim pulled out a gun and started shooting in defense.

A Concealed Pistol License holder acted quickly, pulled his gun and shot the armed suspect to end the threat.

Cynthia Quinn rushed to Henry Ford Hospital when she heard her son Sanchez Quinn had been shot. She called FOX 2 upset because she didn't know why she was not allowed to see her wounded son.

"When I went to my son's room I was stopped by two police officers (who) told me to get out of my son's room," she says. "'Why you here? You can't be here.'"

Now we know why.

It turns out, although he was shot multiple times, the 29-year-old was not the victim. Detroit police say Sunday night he tried to rob two men outside the Super X Market, a Green Light location at Charles and Sparling on the city's east side.

All of it was caught on high-definition surveillance video.

Also, little did the gunman know, one of the guys they tried to rob was a CPL holder. FOX 2 spoke to him by phone.

"I turned and looked and saw the other gentleman had a gun pointed at my face," the man said. "I was able to knock his hand down and the gunfire rang out."

The CPL holder, who is seen in the video wearing a black and white T-shirt and shorts, said the first thing he thought of when he saw the gun was to grab his. Video shows both men started shooting.

You can see the video in the video player above.

The CPL holder was able to take down the suspect, who has since been identified as Quinn. The CPL holder's cousin, though, was shot four times in the cross fire.Both Quinn and the cousin are expected to recover.

Quinn and his partner were arrested. Quinn is recovering from his gunshots in the hospital, which was the reason his mother was not allowed contact.

"All I want to do is see my son to see if he's alright," she said at the time.

Police told the CPL holder it was a good thing he was legally armed or he and his cousin may not be alive today.

"It makes me mad because you have people out here that work every day. They are innocent; you want to take from them," the CPL holder said. "These guys, I definitely feel don't need to be back out on the street because someone else might get hurt and it might happen in a different way."

The CPL holder had never been in this situation before he told FOX 2, but clearly he knew what to do.

2 today.

JSO: Homeowner guns down intruder, second suspect on the run

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/c...-run/482533208
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- A burglary suspect is dead and another is one the run after a confrontation with a homeowner, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says.

The homeowner was alerted to the burglary by his alarm company around 11:40 a.m. Wednesday. The homeowner returned to the home in the 6000 block of Park Street on Jacksonville's Westside, arriving before police.

Officers say the homeowner confronted the two unknown intruders inside the home. The homeowner shot and killed one intruder, but the other got away on foot. Police are now searching for him.

Police say they believe suspects came to the home in a four door silver car with its tag removed.

2 shot, 1 killed during apparent robbery in Spring, authorities say

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2...uthorities-say
    SPRING, Texas - A suspected robber is dead after a tenant shot him in the head and he was run over by an accomplice at an apartment complex in Spring on Tuesday, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said.

Four men approached the man’s apartment around 2 p.m., Sgt. Cedrick Collier said.

The apartment tenant was able to retrieve his own weapon but one of the approaching men shot him in the chest.

The apartment tenant returned fire, shooting one of the men in the head.

“It appears they came in at least three vehicles and the suspect was ran over ... by actors involved in the robbery and he is deceased in the parking lot,” Collier said.

Authorities are still looking for the three other men. They are reviewing surveillance video from around the area.

They have not put out a description of the men’s cars.

The apartment tenant was taken to the hospital with a chest wound and is in critical but stable condition.

Collier said the man’s significant other was taken to the hospital to be treated for anxiety, but she is expected to be OK.

It’s not clear if the four men specifically targeted the apartment or what they were seeking.

2 today

Woman kidnapped at knifepoint in Moline; pulls gun on suspect

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Wom...450651823.html
    MOLINE, ILL. (KWQC) - Police have arrested a man accused of forcing his way into a woman's car and making her drive to rural Rock Island County at knifepoint.

On Oct. 8th, 2017, police were called to a hospital in Silvis, Ill. where the woman was being treated for an injury related to the incident. She told police that she was in her vehicle in the 4500 block of 27th St., which is behind SouthPark Mall, when the man forced his way into the car with a knife. She said the two struggled and she received a cut to her arm.

The suspect then made her drive him to a location in the county. When they stopped, she was able to reach her firearm and the man fled on foot while she drove herself to the hospital for treatment of the injury on her arm.

Police investigated and charged 61-year-old Floyd May of Moline with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated battery with a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and aggravated assault. He's being held in the Rock Island County Jail.

Police also note that the victim had a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon.

3 today

Police: Highland man held teen accused of burglary until officers arrived

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/c...e382d403f.html
    HIGHLAND — A homeowner saw a 17-year-old breaking in to his vehicle Sunday night, confronted the teen with a gun and held him down until officers arrived, police said.

A woman inside the home called Highland police about 10 p.m. as the man went outside to confront the teen in his driveway in the 8300 block of Liable Road, police Cmdr. John Banasiak said.

The homeowner displayed a gun toward the teen, who got out of the homeowner's car, threw down a knife and attempted to flee, police said. The homeowner grabbed the boy and held him down until officers arrived.

Police took the 17-year-old Highland boy into custody.
    During their investigation, officers found a boombox in the boy's backpack, Banasiak said. Another neighbor identified the boombox as an item stolen from his garage, he said.

The boy, whose identity was not released because of his age, was charged through Lake County Juvenile Court with felony burglary and misdemeanor counts of theft and possession of marijuana, Banasiak said.

Police are investigating whether the teen might be connected to other recent thefts from vehicles in the Region, he said.

No charges after would-be robber shot, killed in Cooper-Young

http://wreg.com/2017/10/12/police-at...-east-parkway/
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police say a man was shot and killed around 11 a.m. Thursday when he tried to rob someone in the 1000 block of East Parkway South near Walker.

The area in front of Enrique's Auto Shop in Cooper-Young was roped off with crime scene tape. A man's body was under a tow truck on the street.

The man responsible for the shooting remained on the scene, police said. Homicide investigators discovered that the dead man was armed with a handgun when he approached the shooter and demanded money.
    The shooter armed himself and shot the robber.
    No charges will be filed at this time, police said.
    Luis Flores, who has worked at the shop for five years, called 911.

"All I heard is just gunshots,” Flores said. "Guy came running and said to call the police and so I called the police and next thing I know the guy was laying down on the floor.”

The crime scene off busy East Parkway South drew a crowd throughout the day, onlookers wondering what was going on.

Antonio Cathey works at a nearby church.

"I had to stop and see what was going on just too close not to stop and see what was going on.”

Cathey works in community outreach for Fight for 15. He wants to make his community better, and called this scene depressing.

"This just shows that crime can happen anywhere, but a homicide? We really have to wake up around here now.”

(Lancaster County)

“A homicide? Wow”!
    I understand the legal definition but I really don’t think it is what this guy meant. It was self defense. I don’t think happy is the word I’d use for taking a life in self defense but I wouldn’t be whatever the emotion or sentiment that seems to be at work here. A law abiding citizen defended themselves. In my opinion that is a positive

(Lancaster County)

Maybe I’m just cranky with all the smarmy gun control memes I’m seeing

Page 56 of 339 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast