Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 284 of 339 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://triblive.com/local/valley-ne...m-at-gunpoint/

Police: Homeowners stop would-be burglar, hold him at gunpoint
    Madasyn Lee
    A Harrison couple didn’t wait for township police to arrive to deal with an attempted burglary at their home Saturday night, according to a criminal complaint.

Police said one of the homeowners held the suspect at gunpoint until officers arrived.

Casey Hill, 30, of Buffalo Township, is charged with burglary, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness in connection with an incident at 10:30 p.m. Saturday at a Pine Street duplex, court records showed.

The homeowners, a man and a woman, told police Hill walked up the porch steps and opened the front door, according to the complaint. The woman said she tried to push Hill out, while the male homeowner grabbed a gun, ordered Hill to the ground and held the suspect at gunpoint in the front yard until police arrived, the complaint said.

Hill told responding officers that he had been trying to get some marijuana. Police said he appeared to be heavily intoxicated and had to be helped to a police car because he had trouble keeping his balance.

The homeowners said another man driving a greenish-colored Jeep Cherokee sped off during the incident, and they believe that man was with Hill.

Hill was released on a nonmonetary bond after being arraigned Sunday. Court records don’t list an attorney for him.

A preliminary hearing is set for Oct. 9.

Armed citizen thread...... dumb criminal thread...... this goes in either one.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...1b049cf0b.html

Gretna man arrested after reporting he was shot at; shooter says he robbed her first: JPSO

BY MICHELLE HUNTER | Staff writerOct 1, 2019 - 2:19 pm
    A man who told Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies that someone had taken a shot at him neglected to mention that the shooter was a woman he had robbed at gunpoint, authorities said.

Damont Meredith, 21, of Gretna, was arrested and booked with armed robbery and aggravated assault with a firearm, said Capt. Jason Rivarde, spokesman for the JPSO.

The Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call about 11:10 p.m. Sunday reporting gunfire in Marrero in the area of Dimarco Drive and the West Bank Expressway.

Deputies arrived and spoke with Meredith, who told them he’d been shot at and volunteered to take them to the nearby crime scene, Rivarde said.

But as Meredith and the deputies made their way to the 1000 block of Dimarco Drive, the 911 center received a call from a 28-year-old woman saying she had just been robbed at gunpoint at the same location, Rivarde said.

The woman said the robber shot at her while fleeing, and she returned fire, Rivarde said. No one was injured.

“As she’s describing the guy who shot at her, they realize she’s describing the man who showed them where the initial incident occurred,” Rivarde said.

Meredith admitted witnessing the holdup but denied responsibility. The woman, however, identified him as the man who had robbed her, Rivarde said.

Meredith was booked into the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna. He was still being held there without bail Tuesday.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dek...-say/992142280

Authorities: La Crosse woman confronts neighbor carrying AR-15 in her basement

A La Crosse man was arrested Sunday after his neighbor found him in her basement at 11:30 p.m. claiming he wanted to play with her dog, police say.

Randy W. Markland, 57, was charged Monday with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and trespassing.

The La Crosse Police Department responded to a home near the intersection of Cottage Grove Avenue and 26th South Street after a woman reported an intruder with an AR-15 gun in a rifle case in her basement.

The woman was sitting in her living room while her four children were in bed when she heard a sound in her basement, according to the police report. Initially she thought it was her dog, but then noticed it was in the same room as her.

The woman took a handgun from a drawer and went to investigate, finding Markland in her basement holding a rifle case. According to the report, Markland tried to give her the gun, and she refused it, telling him to leave or she’d shoot.

Markland told police he went to the woman’s house to play with her dog and give her the gun, saying he was worried because her husband wasn’t home, according to the report. He also said the light by the back door was on, which he took as an invitation.

Markland has a previous conviction of fourth-degree sexual assault — a misdemeanor — stemming from a 2005 case.

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/...on-jre-2019-10

Sturgill Simpson Tells Joe Rogan How He Nearly Killed a Home Invader
    "I was looking through at his f*****g head through a red dot like a video game."

Brandon Friederich6 hours ago
    Joe Rogan Sturgill Simpson Promo
    Getty Images
    Johnny Cash may have crooned about shooting a man in Reno, but Sturgill Simpson really did almost kill a home invader at his Nashville residence.

The genre-bending country artist told the particularly harrowing tale on a recent episode of The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, on which he and his band appeared to promote the release of his already-acclaimed fourth album Sound & Fury.

Simpson recounted a remarkably scary stretch of time in which he had two break-ins in just 36 hours, as Bro Bible notes. Simpson says his dog scared an intruder off while his wife and kids were sleeping late one night—only to have the same dude come back 24 hours later.

Here's how Simpson described the second break-in to host Joe Rogan:

For whatever reason my wife and the kids they had to go on down to where we actually live. I was working that week in Nashville – probably mixing a record or something so I just stayed behind.

As a result of me being home alone that day, I was cleaning and working on a firearm I’d recently purchased and assembled. I went to bed that night and locked everything up. Because they weren’t home, I put the gun on the floor on a padded case next to the bed .

The next morning – it’s like 7:15 a.m.—The sun is shining, my neighbor is going to work and I hear the back door open again. I was like, "What the fuck? That the maid? Who would be here that early?”

I guess out of paranoia, or whatever reason, I grabbed that gun and just went to the top of the stairs to look. I still think it’s the maid and when I hit the top of stairs and looked down the staircase – It’s the same guy, same clothes just standing in my living room rolling the cord up on my headphones. I was almost impressed that he came back.

So I started down the stairs on him very quietly and I got about halfway down by the time he like turned and saw me.

I was looking through at his f*cking head through a red dot like a video game. I’ll never forget that image of this guy, like probably thinking he’s about to die. The back door was thankfully still open.

The only thing I said to him was, “What are we doing here, man?”

Sturgill Simpson
    Getty Images
    Things got really intense after Simpson used what is presumably a rail-mounted strobe light to stun the invader:

I hit him with a strobe, which kind of like probably to his brain was he thought was the gun going off because he kind of had a seizure and then I saw the adrenaline spike.

He turned, went out the back door, and jumped clean off my fucking porch – never hit a single step and ran at the back gate. He had latched it. so he hit that back gate on a dead run – just like blew it the hell off, latches and wood splinters flying – and then took off down the alley.

Simpson continued, describing in head-spinning detail how quickly he had to decide whether or not to take what would have been a totally legal shot:

Going down the stairs, you would not believe how much shit can go through your head in like four seconds. I had this whole conversation with myself. Like “my wife and kids aren’t here, you don’t know this guy, this guy doesn’t even know I’m here.

Yet I’m holding a fucking assault rifle and he’s not a threat to me but if I put one through his dome—which I have every legal right to do right now—there’s gonna be news vans on my lawn, this is gonna be on your fucking Wikipedia page.”

Simpson determined that the invader was not a threat and didn't shoot. Ultimately, the criminal was was caught, at which point Simpson says he was subpoenaed to testify. He told Rogan about that experience as well:

Unluckily for him, he broke into like 13 other houses, and they had him on tape. So he had 13 or 14 aggravated burglary charges, which is pretty fucking heavy. He was looking at like 12 to 15 [years]... I think he sang like a bird, pleaded down and got six.

I just realized, like, "Wow, they're just throwing this kid's life away." Granted, he came into some people's houses and almost got fucking killed. They caught him the next night, like three streets over in the act, doing the same thing.

Amazingly, as he ended the story, Simpson expressed nothing but sympathy for the wannabe burglar.

But he had no priors, he wasn't on drugs. It was just like, [he had] no direction, no discipline, no guidance, no heroes. I struggle with that. What if I gave him a job?

What a guy. As for Sound & Fury, Rolling Stone praises the 10-song release as a "the most left-field, decisively non-country offering of Simpson’s career and precisely the record anyone who has been paying any attention to his career over the last several years would have expected him to make."

We’ll see how this one goes.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...arriottsville/

Police: Father Shoots, Kills Son In Altercation At Marriottsville Home
    MARRIOTTSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — A father allegedly shot and killed his 38-year-old son late Tuesday in Marriottsville.

Howard County Police said Stephen Michael Tucker of Randallstown was found dead inside a home in the 1500 block of Marriottsville Road around 8:16 p.m. after officers were called to a report of a man shot.

Police Investigating Fatal Domestic Shooting At Marriottsville Residence

When they arrived, they found the 38-year-old man dead and his 68-year-old father Stephen Dwight Tucker with injuries.

Police said an altercation between the father and son led to the shooting. Police learned that the younger Tucker may have assaulted another family member at another residence and damaged property before showing up to his father’s home.

A resident inside the father’s Marriottsville home called 911 and the elder Tucker stayed on the scene as police arrived.

No charged have been filed at this time.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/st...-say/992281968

Statesville homeowner holds suspect at gunpoint after break-in, deputies say

STATESVILLE, N.C. - Deputies said an Iredell County homeowner held a suspect at gunpoint after he found him stealing from his home Monday afternoon.

The incident happened just before 5 p.m. along Turnersburg Highway in Statesville.

[ALSO READ: Deputies: Lincolnton business owner holds suspect at gunpoint after break-in]

Content Continues Below
    When Iredell County sheriff's deputies got to the home, they said they found the homeowner holding the suspect, 26-year-old Brandon Knight, at gunpoint.

Deputies said the homeowner has a concealed carry permit.

The homeowner told deputies that when he came home, he saw his back door had been pried open and found Knight in a bedroom, stealing jewelry.

One neighbor said she spotted a car parked across the street.

“Just saying, FYI, you come back here and we’re all packing, seriously,” neighbor Katrina Finney said. “Our neighbors are all looking out for each other on this road. This is crazy.”

While deputies investigated, they said they found stolen jewelry and other items in Knight's possession.

Officials said some of the items Knight had linked him to a second breaking and entering scene from Monday night.

"It is lucky for this suspect, this investigation did not end in a drastically different way," Sheriff Darren Campbell said.

Knight was charged with two counts of felony breaking and entering and two counts of felony larceny after breaking and entering.

Deputies said later Monday night, a third breaking and entering was reported and additional charges against Knight are expected.

He is being held at the Iredell County Detention Center under a $30,000 secured bond.

Knight has a criminal history including felony breaking and entering, possession of a schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor breaking and entering and soliciting for false pretense.

He was on supervised probation in New Hanover County for felony breaking and entering

https://wpdh.com/man-who-brought-sam...hot-by-worker/

Man Who Brought Samurai Sword Into New York Liquor Store Shot By Worker
    HopkinsOctober 3, 2019

Police are investigating a bizarre incident that happened Thursday afternoon. ABC reports that a man with a samurai sword entered a liquor store in Port Jefferson and began swinging the sword at an employee behind the counter.

Things got even crazier when police say the owner (CBS says it was not the owner, but just an employee) of Port Jeff Liquors shot and killed the sword-wielding intruder. An employee had called 911 when the unidentified man had entered the store and began swinging the sword.

ABC says the failed ninja was pronounced dead at the scene. Kevin Beyrer with the Suffolk County police said:

He had a sword beneath a poncho, it seems to be without saying a word, he pulled the sword out, swung it three times -- at least three times -- at a very close distance to the person behind the counter.

What makes the incident puzzling is that it does not appear to be a robbery attempt, according to officials.

http://fatcatwebproductions.com/TheP...rglaryshooting

MCTXSheriff Investigates Burglary/Shooting
    CONROE, TX - On October 2, 2019 at approximately 2:28 am, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to a suspicious person call at A& P Collision located at 12952 Hwy 105 East, Conroe, Texas. Upon arrival, Deputies met with the business owner.

The owner stated he was asleep inside the business when he awoke to glass breaking outside. The business owner stated he has reported numerous burglaries in recent weeks so he took this handgun and went to investigate. When the business owner exited the front of his business he observed an individual wearing dark colored clothing near a conex box nearby.

According to the business owner he yelled at the subject and the individual ran toward him. The business owner stated he was in fear and discharged his handgun several time at the individual as he ran west from the collision center. Deputies were able to locate the burglary suspect lying on the ground near the driveway of a nearby business.

The suspect was identified as Thomas Dillard Jr., 39 year old white male, who is a resident of Montgomery County. Montgomery County Hospital District responded to the scene but Mr. Dillard succumb to his injuries.

Montgomery County Crimes Scene Investigators, Detectives from the Homicide Violent Crimes Unit and the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office responded to the scene.

The business owner cooperated with the investigation and the evidence supported the statement provided by the business owner. This case will be forwarded to a Montgomery County Grand Jury for review once completed.

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/b...f5f0aa771.html

Bear shot, killed by Blount County homeowner

A homeowner shot and killed a bear in Blount County late Wednesday, an official said.

Matthew Cameron, Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency Region Four information coordinator, said the bear showed no fear of humans and tried to attack the homeowner's pet.

The homeowner fired at least one warning shot to scare the bear away, but the bear came closer. At that point, the homeowner shot and killed the bear. An off-duty officer reported a similar story to the homeowner's.

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/conten...562083271.html

OROVILLE MOM SHARES STORY AFTER KILLING INTRUDER

An Oroville mother who shot and killed an intruder in July is sharing her story for the first time.

OROVILLE, Calif. - An Oroville mother who shot and killed an intruder in July is sharing her story for the first time.

"I did exactly what I needed to do," Haley Cherms said. She describes "living in a nightmare," ever since a night in July changed her life.

It happened on July 24 around 3:30 a.m.

Cherms and her husband, David Sidebottom, and their two young children and godson were all asleep at their home in Oroville. The baby was sleeping in the bed with her mom and dad.

The alarm went off, so, with his baby in his arms, David got up to see what was going on. Haley followed them out into the living room.

They did not see what was on their home surveillance camera. There was a masked man holding a large gun, peeking into the windows, moving children's toys, and looking under plants for keys.

Sidebottom handed Cherms the baby, then went to the back door by the kitchen and opened it up and see if he could see something. The masked man wearing gloves popped up and pointed the gun at David, and pushed his way in the home.

He demanded to know who else was in the home. However, Sidebottom didn't tell him.

From a hallway across the living room, Cherms saw that the man had a gun pointed at her husband, but in a stroke of good fortune, the intruder did not see her.

"He was yelling, like, he was very aggressive," Cherms said. "I just kind of clutched my baby to keep her really quiet and just kind of tip-toed down the hall as fast as I could."

The robber, later identified as 33-year-old Cody Faunce, of Oroville, demanded Sidebottom's keys.

But after getting the keys, he didn't leave.

"Honestly my mind frame was to give him the keys and get him out of the house, Sidebottom said. "After he started smashing stuff, I didn't know what was going to happen after that."

Cherms went straight to her bedroom and to her gun safe by her bed. Her hands were shaking, but she was able to get to her weapon.

She tiptoed into her other daughter's room with her baby in her arms, as she heard yelling, and a loud commotion coming from the living room.

It sounded like the robber was pistol-whipping her husband.

"I was like 'this guy's already got the keys, Cherms said. "If he wanted to leave he would have left.' So I knew that at some point I was going to have to fight fire with fire. I knew that. I'm not going to let somebody hurt my kids. If he kills me, what is he going to do to them?"

Cherms gave her baby to her other young daughter in the next room and instructed her to keep the baby quiet, and to not come out of the room, "no matter what happened."

Then she went down the hall, jumped out from around the corner. She said Faunce pointed his gun at her, and she "emptied her clip."

Despite trying to use her husband as a shield, Faunce was shot and killed. Sidebottom was shot twice, and rushed to the hospital. Neither Cherms, nor her children were injured.

Sidebottom is now paralyzed, but fully supports his wife's actions. They say they are both grateful that everyone in the family is still alive.

But life since that night remains difficult. Cherms quit her job to take care of her husband fulltime, and they are struggling to pay the mortgage with no income.

Cherms told Action News Now that she is sharing her story to stress the importance of home protection and safety. She also said Faunce had a violent criminal history, and should not have been out of prison.

According to Yuba County Superior Court records, in 2005, Faunce was arrested in a violent carjacking and drug-dealing. The drug charge was dismissed, but he was sentenced to 8 years in prison for the carjacking and a weapons charge.

Cherms said she feels like she's living in a nightmare from which she can't wake up. She quit her job to take care of her husband fulltime. They have used most of their savings paying their mortgage and mounting hospital bills, and she says they may lose their home.

Still, she says every moment, like a simple family movie night, has special meaning.

Cherms said, after the shooting, she spent a lot of time thinking about what she did. She came to the conclusion that she did the right thing. "That's exactly what I was supposed to do in that situation to protect my family. I have no idea what he was capable of. They have their dad. That's what's important."

Page 284 of 339 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast