Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 196 of 339 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...ngton-shooting

911 caller claims self-defense in fatal Wilmington shooting
    Most Popular Our Picks
    Byron Alfonzo Funderburke Jr., 31, was found shot Dec. 14

WILMINGTON -- The woman who called 911 after a fatal shooting in Wilmington last month claims that she shot a home-invader in self-defense, according to 911 calls released Wednesday.

The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Dec. 14 in the Hillcrest Housing Community in the 1000 block of South 13th Street. According to police, Byron Alfonzo Funderburke Jr., 31, was found shot and pronounced dead at the scene.

In 911 records released Wednesday by New Hanover County emergency communications, a weeping woman tells dispatchers that she shot a man who entered her apartment while she was in the shower.

“I didn’t know I left my house keys in my door,” the woman says in the recording. “He dead, m’am.”

At one point, the woman provides her address, but tells dispatchers that she does not know the phone number from which she is calling. According to an emergency communications report, the woman hung up and did not call police back.

But Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Thompson said Wednesday that the case is not closed, and police are still interested in leads.

“No arrests have been made and it is still under investigation,” Thompson said.

Anyone with information can call the Wilmington Police Department at 910-343-3609 or submit a tip via Text-A-Tip by sending “Tip708” and the information to 274637 (CRIMES).

http://www.wistv.com/2019/01/06/upda...mbia-saturday/

UPDATE: Coroner ID’s man killed in self-defense shooting outside of child’s birthday party in Columbia Saturday
    Tanita Gaither
    COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The Richland County Coroner’s Office has identified the name of a man who was killed during an act of self-defense outside of a child’s birthday party on Saturday.

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts identified the man as Justin B. Archie, 30, of Columbia. An autopsy performed on Sunday showed that Mr. Archie died from gunshot wounds to the torso.

Officers arrived at the 4000 block of Rosewood Drive shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday after a shooting was reported.

Witnesses at the scene reported that two men were arguing outside of a business where a child’s birthday party was being held. While in the parking lot, one of the men was armed with a knife and made threats to get a handgun from his vehicle.

After making threats he allegedly discharged his firearm at the second man who in returned fire resulting in a fatal injury. After the shooting, the uninjured man called 911 and immediately surrendered to law enforcement when officers arrived on scene.

His weapon was possessed lawfully and properly stored prior to the shooting, police said.

After interviewing several witnesses the shooting is now considered an act of self-defense by police and no charges will be filed.

In a statement sent to WIS, the Little Gym said: “We were shocked and saddened to hear about this tragic situation. Our location is cooperating with local authorities to ensure this matter is thoroughly investigated. We are grateful for the swift response of local police and are keeping all involved in our thoughts.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...se/2405415002/

Father kills son in Wayne County shooting that appears to be in self-defense, sheriff's office says
    Andy HumblesUpdated 7:06 a.m. CT Dec. 24, 2018
    Nashville Crime Stoppers allows people to anonymously submit tips to crimes they may have information about. Here are several ways you can submit a tip to Crime Stoppers. Ayrika Whitney/USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee

A father shot and killed his 25-year-old son Sunday, which Wayne County authorities believe happened in self-defense, according to the initial investigation.

Greg Bratcher, 47, reported that he shot his son Jansen Bratcher, 25, with a 911 call according to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff Shane Fisher contacted District Attorney Brent Cooper at around 2:20 p.m., to assist in the investigation.

Officers who responded found Greg Bratcher trying to give aid to his son.

A social media post on the Wayne County Sheriff's Office Facebook page states:

"At this time, all indications are that Greg Bratcher was acting in self defense when he fatally shot his son, so no charges are being sought at this time,"

An autopsy and other forensic tests have been requested, the department also states.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/...se/2349222002/

Three 2018 homicides appear to be self-defense
    Ron Wilkins
    LAFAYETTE — Three of Lafayette's four homicides in 2018 appear to be self-defense, and in two of those shootings, the dead men appear to have brought BB guns to what turned into a gunfight.

Police, however, won't say with certainty that the three shootings were self-defense, deferring to the prosecutor, who decides whether charges are merited. And Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Patrick Harrington won't comment because the cases are open.

But if you read between the lines, no one has been charged with homicide or murder in those three cases that appear to be self-defense.

It's not customary for there to be homicides and no one associated with the killing criminally charged for the killings.

“I’ve not seen in it my 24 years,” Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly said when asked about the absence of charges for the killings.

“I totally agree," Lafayette police Capt. Kurt Wolf said. "It’s unusual. Very unusual.”

Commenting on the law — not the cases in this report — Harrington said prosecutors are barred from bringing charges if there is a strong argument for self-defense.

Thayer Thomas Summers
    Thayer Thomas Summers (Photo: Provided/Tippecanoe County Jail)

• The first likely self-defense shooting came when 30-year-old Thayer Summers and 22-year-old Brooke Stichter conspired on March 2 to rob 36-year-old Curtis Stewart, whom the two believed had a large sum of money on him.

Stichter set Stewart up, luring him to the alley north of Virginia Street between Ninth and 10th streets before sunrise on March 2. There, Summers got into Stewart's pickup truck, pulled a BB gun and demanded money, according to affidavits filed with charges against Stichter.

Stewart drew his firearm and shot Summers, who got out of the truck and ran south in the alley, collapsing and dying on the southside of Virginia Street, according to witnesses and the affidavits.

Stewart cooperated with police, telling his side of the events and has not been charged with Summer's killing. He has, however, been charged with a misdemeanor of carrying a handgun without a permit. His trial is scheduled for Feb. 14.

Stichter, for her part in the robbery-turned-homicide, is serving a seven-year prison sentence.

Cross Point Apartments Tuesday, August 21, 2018, in the 3900 block of Amelia Avenue in Lafayette. The body of a 15-year-old male was discovered at 7 a.m. Tuesday in front an empty unit in the complex.
    Buy Photo
    Cross Point Apartments Tuesday, August 21, 2018, in the 3900 block of Amelia Avenue in Lafayette. The body of a 15-year-old male was discovered at 7 a.m. Tuesday in front an empty unit in the complex. (Photo: John Terhune/Journal & Courier, )

• The second self-defense killing appears to be the death of 16-year-old Keiandre Holt. He died before sunrise Aug. 21 from a gunshot wound through the center of his neck. His body was found outside of a vacant apartment in the 3900 block of Amelia Avenue.

Police won't definitively link Holt's death to the 12:50 a.m. attempted robbery of a pizza delivery man who was confronted by more than one person, one of whom appeared to be armed with a BB gun, which was found at the scene.

In that attempted robbery, the delivery man — 24-year-old Cody A. Achgill — pulled his sidearm and defended his life, firing one shot at his attackers. It was the only gunshot reported in the area that night, according to news releases and sources inside the police department.

Alexander Garcia-Johnson
    Alexander Garcia-Johnson (Photo: Provided/Lafayette Police Department)

• On Nov. 18, 21-year-old Alexander Garcia-Johnson was being assaulted inside a residence at Twyckenham Apartments just before one of his attackers, Jontae Billups-Brooks, was shot, according to a probable affidavit.

Jontae Billups-Brooks died from a gunshot wound to the stomach, and his brother, Keyon Billups-Brooks, was shot in the arm. Jontae Billups-Brooks died. Keyon Billups-Brooks refused to cooperate with police in the investigation.

That left Garcia-Johnson's account of the events, and he did cooperate with police, who found Garcia-Johnson's face was bruised, cut and swollen when they arrested him the evening of Nov. 18.

Garcia-Johnson cooperated with police, admitting he possessed a handgun, according to the affidavit.

This file photo shows Jontae Billups-Brooks during the May 10, 2017, McCutcheon baseball game against West Lafayette. Billups-Brooks is seen just before scoring.
    He was shot and killed about 4:30 a.m. Sunday at a southside apartment complex.
    This file photo shows Jontae Billups-Brooks during the May 10, 2017, McCutcheon baseball game against West Lafayette. Billups-Brooks is seen just before scoring. He was shot and killed about 4:30 a.m. Sunday at a southside apartment complex. (Photo: File)

Prosecutors charged Garcia-Johnson with being a felon illegally in possession of a handgun, but he has not been charged with homicide or murder in Jontae Billups-Brooks' killing.

The one thing in common in these three cases is that the shooters cooperated with police, telling their side of the story.

William Sutherland
    William Sutherland (Photo: Photo provided)

In contrast, police would like to speak with William Sutherland, who is suspected of killing Kenneth Powe Williams late Jan. 27. They'd like to know what Sutherland's story is for the shooting inside 1619 Alabama St.

“Currently no warrant, no subpoena," Flannelly said about Sutherland. "We definitely want to talk with him, and we would want him to come in.”

Sutherland fled the scene before police arrived and hasn't been seen since.

“We believe he is out of state at this point," Wolf said.

What's the reason three admitted shooters were not charged after what appears to be actions taken to defend their lives?

Part of it might be more people legally carrying firearms, Flannelly said, noting that their applications for permits have increased.

But violence is down, too.

"Our violent crimes appear to be down," Flannelly said.

“We’ve had two years in a row when our robberies were down,” he said. "Aggravated assaults dropped pretty dramatically two years ago. We’re pretty much flatline last year.”

Violence has a common theme — drugs and firearms, Flannelly said.

“If you’re a person that’s not a drug user, you don’t associate with drug users and drug sellers, then the chances of you becoming a victim of violent crime are really almost nonexistent,” Flannelly said.

“However, the closer you get to those circles, the more you associate with those people whether by choice or not by choice — because sometimes it’s family members or others that you just don’t have a choice — the likelihood of you becoming a victim rises exponentially.”

For those considering getting a permit to carry a firearm — or those who have a permit to carry a sidearm — Flannelly advises people to be trained on the weapon and the law of how and when to use it.

“No. 1, if you’re going to get a permit for concealed carry, and you’re going to carry a firearm, then any altercation that you become involved in it now becomes an armed confrontation," Flannelly said. "You’re the one that’s carrying a firearm, so it’s added into the decision tree.

“It’s not, ‘If I had a firearm, would I use it.' It’s 'I do have a firearm and when should I use it?’

“That’s your individual responsibility to understand," he said. "That’s a decision that you’ve made, and you’ve got to fully own that. It’s not someone else’s responsibility to teach you when exactly to use it. You’ve got to know that it could be any situation.

“That is a tremendous responsibility.”

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...n-self-defense

95-year-old woman says her son shot, killed would-be robber in self defense
    By: Katie Crowther
    An elderly mother and son say they were defending themselves and their home, when they shot at two people trying to rob them.

It happened the day after Christmas, around 5:30 p.m. on North 12th Street, near Keefe Avenue .

Racine Police Search For Suspect In Officer-Involved Shooting
    Milwaukee Police confirm a 32-year-old woman was killed.

Henry Bell, 75, has just parked outside the home he shares with his mother, Hazel Kendrix, 95.

As Bell was walking towards the house, Kendrix watched him get attacked by two people.

"They had the hoods of their jackets up, covering their faces," Kendrix said. "They ran up and grabbed him and were grabbing on to his clothes. Pulling on me. They were looking for his wallet. He was trying to fight them off and run toward the house."

That's when Kendrix took action.

"I met him at the door with my gun," she said. "We told them to get out of here. But they didn't stop. It was like they were going to come into the house. Henry told me to shoot them, but I couldn't."

Kendrix couldn't shoot, because she has arthritis. Her hand was too weak to pull the trigger.

"So, Henry yelled for me to give him the gun," she said. "After I handed it to him, he shot three times. Then the two people ran off across the street between the houses."

One of them collapsed. Police confirm that was a 32-year-old woman, who died at the scene.

"I feel bad," Kendrix said. "Yes, I do feel bad."

"I'm just sick over this," said Helen Smith, the daughter of Kendrix.

"They have been targeted here, like this before," Smith said. "So whenever my dad is coming home after dark, he calls her, and she meets him at the front door. They shouldn't have to do that. They should be able to live in peace at their ages."

"I don't understand why young people are doing this kind of thing," Kendrix said. "It really needs to stop."

Milwaukee Police have not released any information. They only confirm that they did take 75-year-old Henry Bell into custody for the shooting.

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr...-self-defense/

Authorities release man, say deadly Vacaville shooting may be self-defense
    Jess Sullivan

Daignet J. Montoya

FAIRFIELD — A Vacaville man arrested Christmas Eve on suspicion of murder was released from jail Thursday night after prosecutors said their review of the circumstances of a deadly shooting could not rule out the possibility the man had acted in self-defense.

The man, 39-year-old Daignet J. Montoya, was sitting in his car shortly after midnight Monday in front of a Bel Air Drive apartment complex. A group of four or five people, including 17-year-old Essien J. Edokpayi, approached Montoya.

Angry words were exchanged and Montoya went to his apartment and retrieved a gun. He then returned to the group and the dispute resumed with someone throwing a bottle at Montoya. A shot was fired and Edokpayi was struck in the chest. He died a short time later.

Montoya stayed at the scene of the shooting as Vacaville police arrived. He was then arrested and spent several hours with police before being booked into the jail on a murder allegation.

Prosecutors had until Thursday to file charges against Montoya. After reviewing the case and witness statements, they opted not to, explaining that police are still investigating the case and gathering additional evidence.

In a brief press release issued Thursday evening, the District Attorney’s office said in part, “Montoya’s self-defense claim appears to be supported by the evidence.”

The Vacaville Police Department also put out a press release that ended with this: “Our hearts go out to Essien’s family who must now go on without him.”

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Detective Andrew Yetter at 469-4846.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le/2439572002/

Fatal shooting by LSU football player 'totally justifiable,' says district attorney
    Glenn GuilbeauUpdated 12:01 p.m. ET Dec. 29, 2018
    BATON ROUGE — Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore has reviewed most of the evidence concerning the shooting death of 18-year-old Kobe Johnson by an LSU football player during an armed robbery last Saturday.

And Moore agrees with Baton Rouge Police detectives. Whichever player shot Johnson to death — Clyde Edwards-Helaire or Jared Small — did it out of self defense.

"From what I know and what I have seen and heard, this is a totally justified shooting," Moore said in a phone interview with the USA Today Network Friday afternoon. "From what I've been able to gather, and I was at the scene and in the interviews with the two players, it was totally justifiable under the circumstances."

MORE FROM SATURDAY: LSU football players questioned after fatal shooting

According to police, Edwards-Helaire, 19, and Small, 19, were in the front seat of a truck trying to sell an electronic item to Johnson seated seated in the back seat at about noon Saturday on the 2900 block of 68th avenue in the north Baton Rouge community of Scotlandville near Johnson's home. Police say Johnson pulled out a gun and demanded Edwards-Helaire's and Small's belongings. Either Edwards-Helaire or Small also had a gun, and one of them fired multiple shots into Johnson, who died at the scene.

"I'm not sure if Johnson fired his gun or not," Moore said. "We will find that out with the scientific evidence from the crime lab. I have not seen all of that yet. I'm not sure how many shots were fired other than it was more than one.

Dig Deeper

College football coverage

"Again, I don't think there's anything that will significantly change anything, but there's always that potential. I'm going to wait for all the scientific evidence, but I don't anticipate anything out of the ordinary. It was just a very unfortunate situation involving three very young people."

MORE: LSU players were trying to sell electronics in crime-laden neighborhood

Moore said the gun that one of the LSU players fired was a legally owned handgun.

"It was a legally possessed weapon in the vehicle, which is an extension of the home," Moore said.

One of the LSU players called 911 and each waited for the authorities to arrive. They were then taken to state police offices and questioned at length separately.

"Their statements were consistent with each other despite the two being separated from the start for the interviews," Moore said. "Both of the kids were very upset, scared, traumatized and emotional. They were distraught. But they were polite, very cooperative, articulate and respectful."

Edwards-Helaire and Small were released Saturday night and not charged.

"They are free of any entanglements in this case," Moore said.

MORE: Edwards-Helaire and Small can play in Fiesta Bowl

Both players flew with the rest of the LSU football team on Thursday night to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl, where the No. 11 Tigers (9-3) will play No. 8 Central Florida (12-0) at noon on Tuesday on ESPN. Both are expected to play. Small is a reserve linebacker who has played on special teams this season. Both went to Catholic High.

"Clyde and Jared are two of the best young men on our football team," LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Thursday night when the team arrived in Phoenix. "We believe in Clyde and Jared, and we support them totally."

Both players have been receiving counseling through LSU, Orgeron said.

Moore said that he knew of only one prior criminal offense on Johnson's record - an assault charge.

"He was only 18 years old. There is nothing significant on his record," Moore said.

Moore planned to speak to Johnson's mother very soon.

"Out of respect, I want to review everything and meet with Johnson's mother, who has to be devastated," he said. "She deserves an explanation. She is grieving the loss of a son. This has traumatized a lot of families and will be with them forever. All involved have to be devastated, and this will last a lifetime for all of them."

Moore said private sales of property continues to be dangerous, depending on the situation and location. Baton Rouge Police said the area in which the shooting occurred is known for burglaries.

"It is up to each person to know who they are dealing with, but that seems problematic. Things go wrong," Moore said.

This is a long article so I just copied down to the end of the self defense cases.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/cr...223267510.html

Self-defense killings drive Wichita’s homicide total above last year’s
    Chance Swaim
    Wichita had more homicides this year than any year since 1995, driven in part by an increase in self-defense killings, an analysis of law enforcement records shows.

At least 43 people died by homicide in Wichita this year, up five from last year. The increase came because of self-defense killings, which increased by five — from three to eight, Wichita police said.

Before Kansas’ stand-your-ground law passed in 2007, if there was an opportunity to escape violence, or a chance to retreat, a person had to make that the first option before using force.

That’s no longer the case. Kansas is one of many states where citizens have no legal duty to retreat from an attacker in any place where they are lawfully present. A killing is justifiable in Kansas when a person “reasonably believes” that the use of deadly force is “necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm” to that person or a third party.

Decisions about whether the eight killings were justified in 2018 were not made by a judge or jury but instead by by prosecutors based on evidence gathered by police. One case will be argued next month to determine whether another homicide will be added to the self-defense category.

Under Kansas law, prosecutors can’t file charges against someone in a self-defense killing unless the state can establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a person did not act in self-defense, Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said.

First, prosecutors have to decide if a person believed he or she had to act when using deadly force. Second, prosecutors consider if that belief was reasonable under the facts known to that person at the time of the killing, Bennett said.

Charges may be declined if the evidence is insufficient to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a person acted in self-defense, Bennett said.

“In Kansas, we also have statutory self-defense immunity, which means a person is immune from being prosecuted at all if the state cannot establish that the person was not acting in self-defense,” Bennett said.

In the past three years, Wichita police have worked five times as many justifiable homicides as during the first six and a half years of the stand-your-ground law, according to numbers provided by police. From 2006 to the middle of 2012, Wichita police worked three justifiable homicide cases, police said at the time. From 2016 to 2018, there have been 15.

Nationally, police shootings account for the majority of justifiable homicides — 429 of the 782 justifiable homicides enforcement in 2017 were by police.

That wasn’t the case in Wichita this year. None of the self-defense killings in 2018 was by on-duty police officers. One was by an off-duty police officer who shot and killed a man who had entered his west Wichita home high on meth and armed with a stolen gun, police officials and an autopsy report said.

In addition to the eight homicides deemed justifiable, another suspect, Leon Dukes Jr., is claiming self-defense after being arrested and charged in connection with the shooting of Lafian Berryman near 21st and Grove.

Berryman’s death is one of 23 homicides that resulted in an arrest of a suspect in 2018. Seven of Wichita’s 43 killings this year remain open investigations, Wichita police Officer Charley Davidson said.

Twelve homicide cases were closed by police without an arrest, including the self-defense killings and one with a publicly identified suspect who has been able to evade authorities since July.

Homicide data can be uncertain because law enforcement can never be 100 percent sure about the cause of some deaths. For instance, the high-profile, mysterious death of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez is not included in this year’s total.

Guns were used in most of the killings — 31 out of 43.

Many of the cases involved meth, which state leaders have said is driving violent crime. Most of the suspects arrested knew the homicide victims.

Wichita police encourage members of the public to report tips and information about any of these killings by calling homicide detectives at 316-268-4181. Crime Stoppers accepts anonymous tips on its website or by phone at 316-267-2111.

Below is a brief description of the 43 homicides in Wichita in 2018.

Self-defense homicides

Jan. 8: Police said Ky Jones Jr., 20, and Jeremy Burdine, 20, were trying to break into a home in the 1500 block of West Merton when the man inside fired several shots through the front door, killing both men. Autopsy reports show Jones was shot in the back, arms and legs and Burdine was shot in the chest.

The man who fired the shots was not arrested in that case but was later booked into Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of a Jan. 6 home robbery in which prosecutors say he stole a gun. He was also charged with criminal possession of a firearm by a felon. He was convicted and is being held at El Dorado State Prison, where his earliest release date is Oct. 24, 2021, Kansas Department of Corrections records show.

April 29: Jeremy Riggans, 37, was shot to death in the 2400 block of North Prince, near 23rd Street North and Grove. A white SUV pulled up to his driveway and he opened fire on it, police said. The driver of the SUV, a 38-year-old man who police have not identified, returned fire.

Police said the two men “have a history that goes back several years” and that Riggans had pulled a gun on the other man at a convenience store near 21st and Erie earlier in the day.

The man who shot Riggans was arrested early the next morning and booked into jail on suspicion of possession of a firearm by a felon. He has not been charged with a crime related to Riggans’s death.

May 26: Billy Bargas, 45, was killed in a fight with his girlfriend’s 23-year-old son. Bargas’s girlfriend told police that Bargas tried to punch her son before her son punched him once in the head.

An autopsy report says Bargas was hit in the head and knocked unconscious around 7 p.m. Witnesses waited about 40 minutes, then called police “since he had not regained consciousness.” He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The 23-year-old man has not been arrested or charged in connection with the death.

July 3: Christian Webb, 24, who had a criminal history of home burglaries, entered an off-duty Wichita police officer’s house through an open garage door in west Wichita with a stolen gun in his hand.

Webb began making demands of the officer, whose two daughters and wife were nearby in the house, police said. The officer then grabbed his police-issued service weapon and shot Webb nine times, killing him, according to an autopsy report and a police account of the shooting. Webb’s autopsy showed he had meth in his bloodstream when he was killed.

The officer was shot in the leg and recovered from his injuries, police said.

Aug. 18: Jesse Villalobos, 36, and Manuel Otano-Hernandez, 24, died in a late-night shootout in an alley near 21st and Market in north Wichita. Police say two groups of people — one in a parking lot and one in an adjacent back yard — got into an argument after someone in the parking lot began firing a pistol into the air.

The argument ended with Villalobos and Otano-Hernandez dead from gunshot wounds. Both deaths were determined to be self-defense killings. Bennett, the district attorney, called this “a mutual combat incident during which both parties were deceased.”

Sept. 27: Jose DeLeon, 23, pulled out of an apartment complex driveway, got in front of a truck and got out of his vehicle armed with a golf club, demanding money from the truck’s driver, police said.

DeLeon began smashing the back window of the man’s truck with the golf club.

The driver of the truck pulled out a handgun and shot DeLeon. He called police and stayed at the scene, police said. County prosecutors declined to file charges.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2018/...er/2312177002/

James Greenwood found not guilty of murder in 'stand your ground' shooting
    James Greenwood, a Beulah man who was charged with murder for shooting his estranged stepfather Al Jones, was found not guilty Friday.

In a week-long trial, jurors heard testimony that in November 2014, Greenwood, 37, shot and killed Jones as he broke into the Mobile Highway home they had once shared.

The case has been pending for four years, delayed by changes to Florida's "stand your ground" law. In two separate hearings, judges denied Greenwood's motions to dismiss the case as self-defense.

However, Friday's jury verdict means Greenwood will go home a free man cleared of all charges.

Jones was married to Greenwood's mother and his name was on the deed to their house. However, the couple was in the process of an ugly divorce, and both Greenwood and his mother said Jones was an angry, violent man who they feared.

The day of the shooting, Jones had been locked out of the house and told he could not enter. When he forced his way into the laundry room, Greenwood shot Jones several times with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Greenwood said he felt threatened by Jones and acted in self-defense.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

3 dead after East Houston home invasion triggers shootout 🔫👍

A homeowner shot four men who forced their way into his home about 12:45 a.m. Saturday on Sherman, Houston police say. One suspect died in front of the home. Another was shot in the leg and was found at the scene. Two other suspects fled in an SUV, but the driver collapsed a few blocks down 71st at Harrisburg, where he crashed into a pole. He died there. The fourth male fled on foot, but collapsed at Capitol and 71st. He later died at a hospital.

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...n-13546708.php

Play stupid games win stupid prizes 👍

Page 196 of 339 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast