Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 189 of 339 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://abc11.com/fayetteville-landl...riend/4360266/

Fayetteville landlord won't be charged in shooting of tenant's boyfriend
    FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) --
    A Fayetteville landlord will not face charges for shooting an intruder.

The shooting happened Thursday evening in the 5000 block of Birch Road. Darrell Ellison had just fed his dogs when his tenant knocked on the door.

"A lady and her boyfriend that rent a trailer that I own in Hope Mills, she said they had a fight and she stopped by here to talk about it," Ellison said.

The boyfriend wasn't far behind.

"I had (the door) locked, and he kicked the lock out," Ellison said. "He came in the house, grabbed a hold of her and started dragging her through the kitchen, knocking all of my stuff over."

Ellison, 74, usually keeps his gun at his side, but this time, it was out of reach.

"I had left my gun in the truck, and I went out to the truck and I got my gun, and I come back in through the back door, and he had her right here -- beating on her," Ellison told ABC11

Ellison said the boyfriend then came after him.

"I had my gun pointed right there and I told him, 'John let me loose, (or) I'm (going to) shoot you, Ellison said.

He paused and added: "Didn't turn me loose. Boom. That's it."

The boyfriend wouldn't stop the attack so Ellison said he fired a single gunshot.

Fayetteville Police said the suspect, now identified as John Morelli somehow made it a half mile to Fire Station 12 on Hope Mills Road. Firefighters called police, who later determined that Ellison was acting in self-defense.

"Like I said, if I hadn't been able to stop him, he would have killed her - and me probably, too," Ellison said.

The blood from the shooting is still visible on Ellison's doorstep. He said this whole ordeal was a nightmare.

"I'm just sad about the whole thing that happened, but if I had to do it over again, I would do the same thing. If someone's life was in danger or mine was in danger, I would do it," Ellison said.

Morelli remains in the hospital. Once released, he will be charged with breaking and entering, and assault, police said.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/new...6c10c841e.html

Suspected burglar fatally shot by Albuquerque homeowner
    Associated Press Oct 4, 2018 Updated 22 hrs ago

ALBUQUERQUE — Police in Albuquerque say a homeowner has fatally shot a suspected burglar who was breaking into his Foothills home.

Officers were called to the house on reports of a shooting about 5 a.m. Thursday.

When police arrived, they reported finding a man dead in the driveway of a townhouse.

A man and woman who live in the home told police that an alarm alerted them to a break-in.

The man fired at least one shot at the intruder.

Police have not identified the dead man and haven’t released the names of the homeowners.

They say the case will be turned over to the District Attorney’s Office to see if anyone should be charged.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...ultimate-price

Dave Urbanski6 hours
    Man tries forcing his way into residence. But homeowner is armed — and intruder pays ultimate price.

The Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office in Virginia said a 22-year-old man tried forcing his way into a home in the Penhook community Sunday night, the News & Advance reported.

Unfortunately for the intruder, the homeowner was armed.

“Preliminary investigation shows a homeowner shot the male as he was forcing himself into an occupied residence,” investigator Devin Taylor wrote in a news release, the paper said.

Nicholas Aaron Marlowe of Franklin County was airlifted to a Roanoke hospital where he died later that night, the News & Advance said.

No criminal charges have been filed, the paper said.

“The commonwealth’s attorney will be reviewing all evidence and witness statements before a final decision is announced,” Taylor wrote in the news release, the News & Advance said.

An autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death was performed Monday morning, the paper said.

The sheriff’s office on Friday didn’t immediately respond to TheBlaze’s question as to whether or not Marlowe had a criminal history.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2018/09/...police-arrive/

Resident Holds Would-Be Burglar At Gunpoint Until Police Arrive
    Sep 19,2018 by Shawn Soper

Photo by Chris Parypa
    OCEAN CITY — A Pennsylvania man was arrested on malicious destruction of property and intoxicated endangerment charges last week after allegedly attempting to break into a downtown residence and being held at gunpoint by the resident until police arrived.

Around 9 p.m. last Thursday, Ocean City Police Department (OCPD) officers were dispatched to a residence on Dolphin Street for a reported breaking and entering in progress. Upon arrival, three OCPD officers retrieved their patrol rifles from their vehicles, while a fourth officer drew his handgun.

While the officers were approaching the residence, a female victim stepped outside and told them there was a man attempting to break in the back door and her husband was holding the suspect at gunpoint. All four officers entered the residence and found the male victim holding a black semi-automatic pistol and pointing it toward the back door.

OCPD officers observed a suspect, later identified as Aaron Dill, 38, of York, Pa., at the back door and licking the glass. According to police reports, the OCPD officers pointed their weapons at Dill and gave him commands to get on the ground. The officers also ordered the male victim to put down his gun and he complied, putting the handgun on the coffee table.

Dill was detained by the officers, but was not yet under arrest. Dill agreed to speak with officers and told them he was directed to the house by a friend, although he could not identify the friend or provide a description. Dill acknowledged he didn’t belong there and admitted to being intoxicated. According to police reports, Dill’s pants were wet in the crotch area and a strong odor of urine and fecal matter was emanating from his person, although it is not clear from the report if Dill soiled himself before or after the male victim and later the police pointed their guns at him.

The male victim told police he was in the shower when the female victim told him someone was trying to break in the back door. The male victim told the female victim to call 911 and take their two boys, ages 5 and 2, to the master bedroom to wait for police to arrive. The male victim then retrieved his handgun from a safe and moved toward the back door.

According to police reports, the victim pointed his gun at Dill and asked him “What are you doing?” Also according to police reports, Dill responded “Trying to kick the door in.” The victim kept his gun trained on Dill until police arrived. The victim told police he did not know Dill and that Dill had never entered the residence.

An inspection of the door revealed the screen had been kicked in at the bottom. At that point, Dill was arrested and charged with malicious destruction of property and intoxicated endangerment.

https://kdvr.com/2018/09/20/pueblo-h...rect-car-keys/

Pueblo homeowner holds burglar at gunpoint after suspect wakes up residents up to get correct car keys
    Posted 3:28 pm, September 20, 2018, by Web Staff

Randy Mata (Photo: Pueblo Police Department)

PUEBLO, Colo. — A Pueblo man was arrested early Thursday morning after he police say he broke into a home and woke the homeowners up to get the correct set of car keys for their vehicle he was trying to steal.

Randy Mata, 34, broke into a home in the 800 block of West 14th Street in Pueblo just before 4 a.m. Thursday, Pueblo police said.

According to police, Mata entered the home while the owners were sleeping, took a set of keys and went to their detached garage where he started loading items into a vehicle.

When Mata realized that he didn’t have the correct keys for the vehicle, he returned to the home where he woke up the homeowners and demanded the correct keys, police said.

Instead of giving the burglar the keys, the homeowner grabbed a gun and held Mata at gunpoint in the backyard until officers arrived, according to police.

Mata was booked into the Pueblo County Detention Center on several charges, including first-degree burglary.

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/new...ord/1476863194

Burglar held at gunpoint by landlord
    Carrie Provinsal
    ATHENS, Texas - Tuesday an Athens landlord foiled a burglary in progress.

The homeowner held the suspect at gunpoint while calling deputies.

The home owner saw the suspect loading an air compressor and hose from the house into the bed of the pickup.

The landlord blocked the suspect's escape route with his car, held him at gunpoint, and called 911.

The suspect had illegally altered his windshield vehicle registration sticker using a black, permanent marker.

Tommy Kirk, 55, of Malakoff was charged with burglary of the resident and altering the registration windshield tag on the truck he drove to commit the crime on County Road 1408 just outside of Athens.

https://www.redbluffdailynews.com/20...glary-pursuit/

Victim holds burglary suspect at gunpoint until arrest
    Julie ZeebSeptember 27, 2018 at 4:54 pm
    RED BLUFF — The burglary suspect arrested Wednesday in the area of Pine Creek Road west of Red Bluff has been identified by the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department as Raymond Dale McManus, 34, of Red Bluff.

McManus
    McManus was arrested after being found by the burglary victim and held at gunpoint about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday until officers arrived, according to a press release issued Thursday by the sheriff’s department.

A burglary in progress call came in at 6:07 p.m. Tuesday from Rick Arrowsmith, who reported a white pickup that he knew did not belong there was parked in front of the McCoy Road residence of his son, Wesley Arrowsmith, according to the release.

Rick Arrowsmith told deputies he approached the residence to investigate and found McManus removing items from the house. Arrowsmith tried to detain McManus, who fled the scene in the vehicle with two televisions and a safe, according to sheriff’s logs. McManus almost hit Arrowsmith as he fled, hitting a gate on the property as he sped away.

Sheriff’s deputies and officers from the California Highway Patrol searched the area, but were unable to find McManus or the pickup he was driving.

A deputy spotted the vehicle at 2:17 a.m. Wednesday and tried to make a traffic stop, but McManus fled west on State Route 36W, the release said.

The vehicle became disabled and was abandoned in the area of 36W and Cannon Road and McManus left the area on foot, the release said. The pickup used by McManus was stolen in a Monday burglary that was under investigation.

Wesley Arrowsmith reported at 8:39 a.m. Wednesday he found McManus in a rural area off 36W and detained him at gunpoint, the release said. Deputies found McManus on the west end of Pine Creek Road and he was arrested. Wesley Arrowsmith is a valid concealed weapons permit holder.

McManus was booked into Tehama County Jail on charges of burglary, assault with a deadly weapon and evading a peace officer. Bail was set at $95,000.

The investigation is on-going and the sheriff’s department is looking into the connection between McManus and a number of other incidents, some within Red Bluff city limits, according to Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...495357911.html

Man Acquitted in 'Ugly Racism' Shooting Death Outside Bar
    He was freed after 453 days in Luzerne County Correctional Center.

Published 4 hours ago
    Man Acquitted in 'Ugly Racism' Shooting Death Outside Bar in Pittston
    A black man has been acquitted of all charges in the shooting death of a white man outside a bar in a case his attorney said stemmed from "ugly racism.''

Jurors deliberated for four hours Friday before acquitting Stephen Spencer of homicide, aggravated assault and terroristic threats. He was freed after 453 days in Luzerne County Correctional Center following the July 2017 shooting.

Spencer, 31, was accused of killing Christopher Williams, 32, in a confrontation outside the Pittston bar in July 2017 after another man refused to shake his hand because of Spencer's race following a dispute over a game of pool. Spencer had testified that he fired in self-defense as a group of would-be attackers came at him outside.

The handshake refusal "may and should offend some of you,'' prosecutor Brittany Quinn had told jurors during opening statements, but she told the mostly white panel that the killing had "nothing to do with'' the earlier dispute.

Prosecutor Tom Hogans said during closing arguments that Spencer had the opportunity and the duty to retreat rather than pull his gun.

"Shooting an unarmed man on a street when you can retreat is not self-defense,'' Hogans said. "He intentionally shot him in a vital part of his body.''

Defense attorney John Pike painted Spencer as a hard-working family man and homeowner who ran his own business, was licensed to carry the gun and had no criminal record.

"You don't go from that to homicide,'' Pike said.

Spencer said Friday, "I was fighting for my life for 15 months and I finally made it. Justice was served.''

Pike said the case was "more than just someone shooting an unarmed person.

"And the jury saw it, they saw it for what it was,'' he said. "Ugly racism.''

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Sh...495374221.html

Homeowners tell 11 News they shot intruder in self-defense

Posted: Sat 10:24 PM, Oct 06, 2018 |
    Updated: Sun 6:08 PM, Oct 07, 2018
    COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - An intruder was fatally shot Saturday night after the alleged victims say he attacked one of the homeowners.

The victims, a husband and wife, tell 11 News the incident started around 8:20 Saturday night when the wife saw someone outside the house. At first, she thought it was her husband -- until she took a closer look. Not recognizing the man in her yard, she yelled for her spouse to come downstairs while she ran up to call 911.

The husband says the door somehow got open, and the prowler made it into the house. According to his account, which has not been confirmed by police, the suspect attacked him, and he fired his gun in self-defense. Despite the gunshot wound, the victims say the suspect was still trying to fight when the officers arrived and was only subdued after a stun gun was used by an officer.

The suspect later died from his injuries. Police have not commented on the victims' account that the suspect was both shot and tased. A spokesperson with the Colorado Springs Police Department confirmed that there was one person shot when officers arrived and that there appeared to be an element of self-defense to the incident.

"It appears as though the homeowner was protecting his residence and family members when this incident occurred at the house," Lt. Howard Black said.

He declined to say more.

The shooting happened at a home in the 2700 block of Flintridge Circle.

Sunday morning, after confirming the shooting victim's death, police were calling the incident a homicide investigation.

It's unclear if charges are expected to be filed.

https://www.myarklamiss.com/news/one...ary/1506077244

One suspect dead, one in custody following afternoon residential burglary
    Tayler Davis
    SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL) - Shreveport police are on the scene of a fatal shooting that happened during a home invasion in the 3000 block of Marquette Sunday afternoon.

Police tell NBC6/FOX33 reporter Zyneria Byrd that a homeowner came home just after 3 p.m. Sunday and found two burglars inside.

The homeowner fatally shot one of the intruders, while the other escaped through a window.

Shreveport police have the second suspect in custody and said no charges will be filed against the homeowner.

Neither the suspect in custody nor the deceased has been identified.

Page 189 of 339 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast