Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 185 of 339 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uber-drive...ry?id=57475539

Florida sheriff warns 'hotheads': 'They will shoot you' in 'stand your ground' cases
    PlayPHOTO: Jason Boek was shot dead by Uber driver Robert Westlake early Tuesday morning after police said he stopped his truck in front of the Uber and allegedly said he had a pistol.Polk County Sheriff's Office
    WATCH 911 calls released in Fla. 'Stand Your Ground' shooting

In what one sheriff in Florida is calling a "classic stand-your-ground case," a man arguing with his girlfriend over text messages was shot dead after he was captured on dash cam video threatening an driver, who he thought was driving the woman home.

"This is a justifiable homicide all day long. You have a right to protect yourself. ... This was the intent of the law," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said during a news conference Wednesday detailing Tuesday's fatal shooting of Jason Boek, 34, of Winter Haven, Florida.

According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, either late Monday night or early Tuesday morning, a woman named Jasmine Meazel had too much to drink at a bar in Dundee, and called an Uber car to take her home. When it arrived, another woman, named Jessica Mazzarella, helped Meazel out of the bar and put her into the car. The two woman did not know each other.

Polk County Sheriffs OfficePHOTO: Jason Boek in an undated photo.
    Jason Boek in an undated photo.
    Uber driver Robert Westlake, 38, then set out to take Meazel to her destination.

Police said that in the meantime, Mazzarella, who stayed at the bar, was having an ongoing text conversation with Boek, an "on-again, off-again boyfriend" whom Judd described Wednesday as "explosive."

Judd said that the two had a "rocky" relationship and that Boek thought Mazzarella had gotten into the Uber car. In text messages released by authorities, it appears that Boek and Mazzarella were at the bar together, and then he left.

Although Mazzarella thought he'd left, he tells her via texts that he's been outside the bar the whole time, saw her get into the Uber and was now going to do the Uber driver harm.

"You know I'm watching every move right now," Boek said in text messages. "I've been watching you the whole time. ... I see y'all. ... I'm going to f--- both of y'all up."

Boek located the Uber car on the road and started to tailgate Westlake, according to authorities. Boek rode alongside Westlake for a couple of seconds before finally pulling his truck in front of the Uber and hitting the brakes around 2:20 a.m. on Tuesday, police said.

WFTSPHOTO: Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd speaks during a press conference, Aug. 29, 2018, in Winter Haven, Fla.
    Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd speaks during a press conference, Aug. 29, 2018, in Winter Haven, Fla.
    In Westlake's Uber dash cam video, Boek can be seen exiting the truck with something dark in his right hand. The dash cam video shows Boek pointing the object toward Westlake's vehicle as Westlake asks: "I say somethin'?"

Boek responded, "You know I got a pistol? You want me to f------ shoot you?"

Westlake, who is a concealed weapon permit holder and previously worked as a security guard in Orlando, took out a gun and shot Boek once in the chest, according to police.

"Oh my God," both Westlake and the passenger can be heard saying on the dash cam video after the shooting.

(MORE: Florida 'stand your ground' shooter had history of gun threats: Complaint)
    In a 911 call, Westlake told the dispatcher that he fired one shot from his pistol and was now applying pressure to Boek's wound.

"He ran me off road. Jumped out of his vehicle. I couldn't get away. He came towards me shouting he's got a pistol, reached for his waistband. I fired one shot from my pistol. He dropped his cell phone. I kicked it away. I didn't realize it was a cell phone at first," Westlake told the 911 operator.

Judd said Wednesday that Westlake also had just finished at the police academy.

Westlake immediately called police and started to perform CPR on Boek but he eventually died. Meazel, the passenger in the backseat of the Uber who was still under the influence of alcohol had no idea what had happened, police said.

In a statement to ABC News, Westlake said of Boek: "I feel for his family and their loss and I feel for their son more than anything."

He said Wednesday that Uber had suspended his account until he could provide a letter showing that he was no longer a person of interest in the shooting.

(MORE: 'Stand Your Ground' laws under scrutiny again after man gunned down in parking lot)
    In a news release, police said that Boek was on felony probation for battery, which started in June 2016, and his driver's license had been suspended. Judd said that police had not found a pistol in Boek's vehicle.

"At the end of the day, the message is clear: Don't mess with an Uber driver," Judd said. "I can tell you unequivocally the Uber driver, Robert, did the right thing to protect himself and ostensibly his passenger as well."

"Here's a message for the hotheads of the community: don't do that stuff," Judd said. "Good people carry guns. And they will shoot you a lot. Graveyard dead. Leave people alone. It's a new day in the state of Florida and the United States."

The investigation is ongoing, but police said Westlake was cooperating. The state attorney's office said it would be conducting a review of the Polk County Sheriff's Office investigation, since it's standard procedure to review sheriff's office probes.

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/s...r-13190383.php

Fresno homeowner shoots alleged home invader

By Samantha Ketterer6:44 am CDT, Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A home invasion suspect was shot twice by a homeowner in the 4100 block of Emerald in Fresno, on Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018.
    A Fresno homeowner shot someone who broke into the house Wednesday morning, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office.

Sometime before 6 a.m., the intruder broke into the front door of a home in the 4100 block of Emerald.

The homeowner shot the intruder twice, once in the leg and once in the arm, according to the sheriff’s office.

Family members in the home were not injured.

https://patch.com/texas/sugarland/ho...nt-door-police

Home Invader Gets Shot After Kicking In Front Door: Police
    A home invasion suspect is walking away with lead instead of cash after he was shot while kicking in the door of a home Wednesday morning.

By Bryan Kirk, Patch Staff | Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am ET | Updated Aug 29, 2018 10:11 am ET
    Home Invader Gets Shot After Kicking In Front Door: Police
    FRESNO, TEXAS – A man who police said kicked in the front door of a home early Wednesday was shot and wounded by the homeowner. The shooting happened at about 4 a.m. in the 4100 block of Emerald, police said.

According to police, the family inside was asleep when the intruder kicked in the door. The homeowner confronted the burglar and shot him once in the leg and once in the arm, police said in a tweet.

The burglar was taken to an area hospital and is expected to survive. The family inside the home was not hurt.

Charges are not expected to be filed against the homeowner. Police said the home invader is expected to face burglary charges.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...tion/823940703

CORINTH, Miss. - His fatal shooting of another man was ruled self-defense, but Mississippi police say the man was living in the country illegally and will be reported to immigration authorities.

Corinth Police Chief Ralph Dance tells WTVA-TV Montejo Torres fatally shot Juan Guzman in self-defense Sunday and no charges will be filed against Torres.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/389...enville-county

GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -
    A Greenville County man said he's thankful to be alive after a masked gunman tried to rob him outside his home Thursday morning.

Deputies said happened on Mountain Valley Drive just after 7 a.m.

The victim, Donnie Parker, said he was leaving for work when the suspect, dressed in dark clothing with a cover over his face, came out from behind some bushes and attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

Parker said he was also armed and fired back at the robber.

"I firmly believe having a CWP saved my life," Parker said.

Parker said the would-be robber shot his truck. He returned fire, squeezing off five shots, but doesn't think he shot the suspect.

"“Praise the Lord he didn’t hit me, but I wish I’d have hit him because I work hard for my money and I don’t appreciate someone coming into my domain and taking from me," Parker said.

Deputies said the suspect ran across Highway 290 and got into a red pick-up truck.

No one was hurt and the suspect did not get away with any of the victim’s belongings, deputies said.

Deputies request that anyone with information about the incident call Crime Stoppers of Greenville at 23-CRIME.

https://rekordeast.co.za/182999/fath...side-pretoria/

Father shoots robber dead to protect son (18) outside Pretoria
    One of the robbers was shot and killed following “a fierce gun battle”.

9 hours ago

A robber was shot and another injured during a robbery. Photo: Drift Reaction
    A suspected robber was shot and killed during an attempted house break-in in Nooitgedacht, just outside Pretoria on Thursday morning.

According to Jane Lourens, of Security and Manpower Solutions (SMS), the incident happened around 3:30 when the homeowner and his son were attacked.

“The three robbers gained entry through a bedroom door where the 18-year-old boy was sleeping. The boy tried to fend them off but one of the suspects opened fire at him,” she said.

“The father immediately rushed to his son’s assistance, blocked the suspects’ exit and a shootout ensued between him and the robbers.”

Lourens said one of the robbers was shot and killed following “a fierce gun battle” while another was critically injured.

“One of the suspects fell to the floor and died from his wounds. The second suspect escaped but collapsed outside. He was taken to hospital but no recent information regarding his condition is available.”

Lourens said the third robber managed to escape with cell phones and a wallet.

The dead robber was reportedly a Mozambique national.

“Police recovered two firearms and will do ballistic and forensic tests to see if the suspects could be linked to other similar incidents in the area during the past few months,” she said.

Lourens said there has been a number of incidents reported around the area where criminals used the same modus operandi.

“They may be linked to attempts to forcibly gain entry to two other properties in the vicinity during the night as well.”

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/08/2...ruder-in-head/

DNA from mask leads to arrest in break-in where armed homeowner fatally shot intruder in head
    Jacquelyn GrayAugust 29, 2018

Alabama authorities made a second arrest in a deadly 2017 home invasion after obtaining DNA testing results from a mask left at the crime scene.

AL.com reported that Jefferson County police arrested Jason Dale Boatwright, 40, on August 22 for the September 15, 2017, home invasion that left Stephen Douglas Crump, 38, dead. Police said Boatwright and Crump, both armed, barged through a door at a Mulga home—leading the homeowner to fatally shoot Crump in the head.

Crump was pronounced dead at the scene. The alleged getaway driver, Horace D. Stokes, 39, was arrested shortly after the botched break-in and charged with murder for Crump’s death. Stokes remains jailed, awaiting trial.

Boatwright’s mask reportedly fell off as he fled the home. WFSA reported that the mask was sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for DNA testing. From there, the DNA was run through the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) for a match. The system includes forensic data registered by state, federal, and local laboratories, potentially allowing authorities to link crimes to offenders entered in the database.

The news station reported that on August 15, the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences informed Jefferson County detectives that DNA from the mask matched Boatwright. He’s currently charged with murder, first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary, and second-degree assault. He’s being held without bond.

GREENE COUNTY (CBS46) -
    Authorities are investigating a homicide inside the Reynolds at Lake Oconee subdivision which is about 80 miles from the city of Atlanta.

An arrest warrant has been obtained for 45-year-old Chad Haufler for causing the death of 51-year-old Marc Dimos.

Nelly Miles with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a resident called 911 to report he had shot an intruder in his home. The male subject was found inside the basement of the home deceased.

Haufler was transported to the Greene County Sheriff's Office for questioning.

Dimos was transported to the GBI Medical Examiner's Officer in Decatur for an autopsy.

We are continuing to gather more details at this time. Stay tuned to CBS46 for the latest developments.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/38979701/...#ixzz5PiSb159e

Man calls 911 after fatally shooting alleged intruder

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/38979701/...#ixzz5PiSzpeUB

GREENE COUNTY (CBS46) -
    Authorities are investigating a homicide inside the Reynolds at Lake Oconee subdivision which is about 80 miles from the city of Atlanta.

An arrest warrant has been obtained for 45-year-old Chad Haufler for causing the death of 51-year-old Marc Dimos.

Nelly Miles with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a resident called 911 to report he had shot an intruder in his home. The male subject was found inside the basement of the home deceased.

Haufler was transported to the Greene County Sheriff's Office for questioning.

Dimos was transported to the GBI Medical Examiner's Officer in Decatur for an autopsy.

We are continuing to gather more details at this time. Stay tuned to CBS46 for the latest developments.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/38979701/...#ixzz5PiSb159e

(Susquehanna County)

30 August 2018 Uber driver shoots and kills aggressive driver

Polk County Fl. Uber driver R Westlake is driving with a fare at night. A pickup truck cuts him off and stops in front of him. The Pickup driver, J Boek, walks aggressively towards the Uber vehicle with a dark object in his hand saying he has a pistol and will shoot the Uber driver.
    The Uber driver also works as an armed guard and has his permit and firearm with him. He shoots center mass on Boek who dies.

WHY??

Boek was in a tiff with his girlfriend through text messages and believed the fare in Westlake's Uber was his BAE.

Stupid games usually award stupid prizes

No charges filed
    https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...led-with-guilt
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 185 of 339 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast