Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 183 of 339 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

http://www.kltv.com/story/38955360/h...im-at-gunpoint

Hallsville resident finds manhunt suspect hiding on property, holds him at gunpoint
    Friday, August 24th 2018, 10:50 am EDT
    HALLSVILLE, TX (KLTV) -
    A Hallsville resident helped law enforcement officials capture a man who was the subject of a two-hour search. Officials say that during the pursuit the suspect stole a vehicle, swam across a lake and was eventually caught when he was held at gunpoint by a resident.

Derek Hunt, 44, of Hallsville was arrested Thursday. He is charged with several felony and misdemeanor offenses, according to the Harrison County Sheriff's Office.

Hunt led officers on an extensive two-hour hunt after he fled from a traffic stop initiated by a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper, the sheriff's office reports. When the trooper attempted to initiate a traffic about 3:15 p.m. on Loop 281, Hunt allegedly fled on foot.

HCSO says Hunt later stole a vehicle from a residence and abandoned it near Highway 80 and Hide Away Lake, near the Etheridge subdivision.

Multiple officers responded to the area and Hunt was seen on foot several times.

"At one point in the foot chase, the suspect swam across Hide Away Lake and then continued to run," HCSO said in a news release. "The search caused the Hallsville Schools to be delayed in the daily release for the student safety, due to the suspect being spotted in the vicinity of the schools."

Hunt was later captured on Roy Green Road by a resident who saw him attempting to hide. He called 911 to say he had the suspect held at gunpoint on his property.

Deputies responded and transported Hunt to the hospital for a medical check before booking him into jail.

"The suspect has a lengthy criminal history and ran because he had an outstanding warrant from Marion County for drug possession. He is currently charged with several felony and misdemeanor offenses. No bond has been set," the HCSO release states.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/gwi...ness/819165855

Business owner opens fire on 4 attempted burglars, shooting 1
    By: Tony Thomas

Updated: Aug 23, 2018 - 6:26 PM
    GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. - Police say a business owner opened fire on four attempted burglars who tried to smash their way into his store. One ended up with four bullet wounds.

Channel 2's Tony Thomas talked to the owner of a Norcross cellphone and electronics store, CMD Services, who said four men broke in to his business Wednesday night.

They didn't realize the owner was asleep inside -- with a gun.

The store owner, who didn't want to be identified, told Thomas he woke up to find people walking around his store, grabbing phones and computers. He grabbed his gun, afraid they might shoot at him.

"I woke up, I grabbed my pistol and I see people moving around," he told Thomas. "I put a bullet in the chamber of my pistol and I screamed, 'Nobody move!'"

The owner says everyone ran.

Police arrived in minutes and found Jaquese Mattox, 20, lying on the ground with four bullet wounds.

"I'm not exactly sure how many times I shot him, but he kept on trying to get up," the store owner said.

The store owner says he only shot at the suspects because he was defending himself.

"They could have killed me while I was sleeping. I was pushed into a corner," he said. "It's not something I wanted to do, but I did it instinctively because I have a family."

Mattox, who is a college student, appeared in a Gwinnett County courtroom in a wheelchair Thursday.

Police hoped he would give up the names of the other three people who were with him, but so far detectives say they only have vague descriptions from surveillance cameras.

Mattox asked for bond so he could get treatment outside of jail.

"He doesn't appreciate the care he is getting. He thinks it's very minimal," his lawyer, Anthony Pete, told the judge.

The prosecutor told the judge that Mattox may have been involved in at least 20 more burglaries. Police wouldn't comment on those other cases or how widespread they are.

Mattox was denied his request to be treated outside the jail.

The store owner said he hated to have to pull a gun but he's just glad to be alive.

"I regret having to use the weapon," he said. "Ether instincts kick in or you become a victim. I refuse to become a victim."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ng/1071357002/

Employee fires at suspects during Roseville breaking and entering

Marc DaalderUpdated 9:08 a.m. ET Aug. 23, 2018
    Two or three people trying to break into the Motor City Pawn Shop in Roseville found themselves on the wrong side of an employee's gun on Thursday morning, Roseville police said.

The incident allegedly occurred at 5:20 a.m. on Thursday and police have only released preliminary findings. They said that a pickup truck drove through a glass window at the front of the store and one suspect entered the building.

Also on freep.com:

How doorbell cams are creating dilemmas for police, neighborhoods

Man who inspired tougher penalties for road worker accidents dies

Once inside, the suspect encountered an employee who was armed. The employee fired two shots and the suspect turned tail and ran. It is unclear if any of the suspects were hit.

There are no other descriptions of the suspects or vehicles at this time.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...r-at-gun-point

South Congress homeowner holds would-be burglar at gun point

A South Congress homeowner fed up with car break-ins held a would-be burglar at gun point until police arrived.

Thursday morning at around 4 a.m., Antonio Aleman said he thinks he accidentally sat on his truck's key fob setting off its alarm. When he went to the parking garage, he saw someone suspiciously rummaging through a car.

“I saw flashlights, and tenants don’t use flash lights alongside a dome light,” said Aleman.

Thinking quickly, Aleman went back into his South Congress home to retrieve his shotgun. He approached the woman in the car and he cocked his gun.

“She immediately was like ‘whoa’ and I was like, ‘What are you doing? Sit on the ground,’ and she threw her bags down real fast and she sat down. And I was like, ‘you don’t live here,’ she just kept pleading with me, and she was like, ‘sorry sir please let me go, I was just hungry I’m going to pee,’ (I told her) ‘don’t pee yourself,” he Aleman.

Aleman held the woman at gunpoint while he called police. He said they arrived in two minutes.

According to police documents 31-year-old Lindsey Ann Faglie told police that the meth discovered on her person she planned to sell for cigarettes and she was looking for food in the car.

“The (officers) patted me on the back, they were like ‘good job’ I guess it made their job a little easier,” said Aleman.

The Austin-native who’s lived at his South Congress home just north of Oltorf Street for eight years said he’s “fed up” with how many car break-ins happen around his house.

“I don’t want to live with crime on my door step,” he said. "It’s every week, half the tenants don’t report it because they just pop the handles.”

Faglie was charged with possession of a controlled substance and held on an $8,000 bond.

https://www.wpbf.com/article/homeown...rhood/22827070

Katie Miranda admits that she has had a long week.

She said one of her dogs is missing and other was shot by a neighbor several blocks from her home.

Miranda said she and her husband went over to her parents home to have dinner on Friday night.

When they returned home, they discovered that their two dogs had gotten out of the yard.

"We searched all night long on Friday night, Saturday morning, went out and searched and nothing," Miranda said.

Early Saturday afternoon, Miranda learned that her other dog ,"Nyx", had been shot.

A homeowner told deputies he was forced to shoot the hound-mix after she killed two of his turkeys and charged at him multiple times in an aggressive manner.

Nyx was shot in her muzzle.

The bullet traveled through her tongue and shattered several of her teeth.

She was treated by a vet and is on recovering.

Miranda said she's not angry at the homeowner.

"He was in the right to do that and I'm thankful that he called and let the cops know that my dog is injured," she said.

Miranda and her husband are still searching for Nyx.

She said they are getting a lot of help from people in the community.

They have even sought help from pet investigator, Jamie Katz.

Miranda is offering a reward for whoever finds their dog.

"He's very friendly, so hopefully somebody has him and with all this help with you guys and everybody else, hopefully somebody will realize it," Miranda said.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20180823/...ould-be-robber

Police release videos to ID would-be robber
    Most Popular Our Picks

ROCKFORD — Rockford police on Thursday released two video clips taken at a strip mall Tuesday night where an off-duty Winnebago County sheriff’s deputy thwarted an attempted robbery.

It happened around 10:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of North Bell School Road, according to police. The off-duty deputy, who was sitting in a car with her male acquaintance, reported being approached by a man armed with a handgun. He demanded money and unspecified property from the two, fired several times at them, and the deputy shot back.

“We hope the video will inevitably lead to somebody recognizing this guy,” police department spokeswoman Christie Castillo said Thursday.

The would-be robber ran away from the strip mall parking lot. Police said there was no indication anyone was shot. There was some damage to the vehicle and a business from the exchange of bullets.

Castillo said police are not releasing the deputy’s name.

Police describe the robber as a black man in his early 20s, 5-foot-6 to 6 feet tall, 150 pounds and was wearing a black, zippered hooded sweatshirt and jeans. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900 or Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/20180...ker-police-say

Father shoots knife-wielding attacker, police say

Paul Woolverton Most Popular Our Picks
    A young father shot a man who attacked him with a knife on Friday night in the parking lot of the Food Lion store on Rosehill Road in Fayetteville, the Police Department reported.

The attacker survived and was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he underwent surgery, Lt. Gary Womble said in a news release. His name has not been released.

The father was not injured.

The altercation started shortly after 9 p.m. when the father, 26-year-old Marquel White, was walking out of the store and carrying his 2-year-old daughter, Womble said.

“White was walking toward his vehicle in the parking lot when a male subject began following him on foot and yelling expletives at him,” he said.

“White arrived at his vehicle and put his daughter in the car,” Womble said. “White then attempted to get into the driver’s seat of the vehicle when suddenly the male subject ran up to him and swung at him with what detectives believe was a knife in his hand. White then fired a handgun at the male subject striking him in the abdomen.”

The attacker retreated toward the store and collapsed, Womble said.

Officers found a knife and sheath near White’s car, Womble said.

The investigation is continuing, Womble said. Anyone with any information that could assist the police in their investigation is asked to contact Detective B. Pleze with the Fayetteville Police Department at 910-676-2396 or Crimestoppers at 910-483-TIPS (8477).

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime...on/1097064002/

SRSO: Milton shooting that left one dead may have been self-defense in family squabble
    A Milton man was killed early Saturday morning in what police believe may have been a self-defense homicide.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office responded to the shooting around 7:20 a.m. in the 5500 block of Sweet Memory Lane, where Milton man Jeffrey Troy Pernicka, 32, was pronounced dead and another adult male was taken in for questioning.

SRSO said in a press release Saturday afternoon that after initial investigation it appears the man who shot Pernicka was acting in self-defense.

Police believe there was a domestic altercation between two adult members of the same family that led to the firearm being used.

The male who fired the shots was taken to hospital with serious injuries, according to SRSO.

The case is still open, and the shooting is under investigation.

http://www.weny.com/story/38963294/e...-entering-home

Elmira resident shoots intruder after entering home
    Posted: Aug 26, 2018 10:53 AM EDT
    ELMIRA, N.Y. (WENY) - Police say an Elmira resident shot an intruder after the suspect entered the residents home.

According to police, officers responded to the 500 block of Perine Street for a report of a home invasion at around 6:12 this morning. When officers arrived to the home, they located a 33-year-old male who is an Elmira resident. The male had sustained a single gunshot to his torso. Emergency Medical care was called to the home to assist him. The male was then transported to a local hospital where he is continuing to be treated for his wounds. Police say, the injuries do not appear to be life threatening at this time. The residents were interviewed by investigators and have been released.

The investigation into this incident is ongoing.

The Elmira Police Department is asking any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Elmira Police Department at (607)737-5626, or the tip line at (607)271-HALT.

https://cw39.com/2018/08/26/man-shot...nt-police-say/

Man shot after he forced himself into his wife’s friend’s apartment, police say
    Posted 11:07 AM, August 26, 2018, by R Tennyson

HOUSTON — A man was shot in the chest after he kicked in the door of his wife’s friend Saturday night.

Houston police were called to a shooting in the 2100 block of Lake Hills Dr. in Kingwood.

According to police, a woman was visiting a man in his apartment when her husband came to the unit and kicked in the door.

The woman’s husband allegedly became upset his wife was visiting another man, police said.

Police said the two men had an altercation and the suspect pulled out a gun and shot the victim.

HPD said he was taken to the hospital in stable condition.

Police said it appeared to be self defense and no charges have been filed.

Page 183 of 339 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast