Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 176 of 339 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/388...t-by-neighbors

SCSO: Man attempts burglary, gets shot at by neighbors
    Posted: Aug 05, 2018 4:16 PM EDT
    CHESNEE, SC (FOX Carolina) -
    A would-be burglar ran off from his mark in the Upstate after two neighbors took aim at him.

Spartanburg County deputies say the attempted burglary happened around 7:30 a.m. on Saturday when a neighbor on Texas Avenue in Chesnee heard loud banging at a vacant residence nearby.

The witness told deputies he called the homeowner about what was happening, and both walked over to the property to investigate.

When they got there, they say they saw a man trying to get inside a boarded-up window, and commanded him to leave with his hands up.

Instead, the man ran toward Highway 11, and the two neighbors each fired one shot into the ground.

Nothing was stolen, but deputies say the suspect left behind a black bookbag and hat that were left behind.

Deputies were given a description of the suspect: a white man with red hair, wearing a white long T-shirt with writing on it, and wearing khaki shorts.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office.

https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-man-o...child/3903032/

Houston police say a man accused of flashing a child was shot on the southeast side.
    HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
    A man accused of exposing himself to a child was shot in southeast Houston.

The Houston Police Department is investigating in the 6600 block of Cherrydale.

According to investigators, a woman opened fire on the man after he allegedly exposed his genitals to a minor.

The suspect was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound. His condition is not known.

We do not know what charges, if any, the woman may face.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/spd-says-d...37e693829.html

SPD says deadly shooting at East Stoner Skate Park is an act of self-defense
    Bia Roldan2 hrs ago
    Shreveport Police Department released a man after he shot and killed 62 year old James Tinsley on Monday at 1:34 p.m.

Cpl. Marcus hines explained that based on the information and evidence they have, they believe the shooting was an act of self-defense.

According to Louisiana law, a homicide is justifiable "When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger."

The law also says as long as the person is not engaged in anything illegal, he doesn't have a duty to retreat before using deadly force.

"A person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is in a place where he or she has a right to be shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force as provided for in this Section, and may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."

In the case of the East Stoner Skate Park deadly shooting, police said Tinsley was armed with a gun and an axe handle.

Police said he also threatened to hurt the man who later shot and killed him.

The district attorney will review the case and has the final say if charges need to be filed against the shooter.

Self-defense laws in Texas are similar to those in Louisiana.

In Arkansas, outside one's home, one has a duty to retreat if he can safely do so. But Arkansas residents are not required to retreat in their own home.

https://abc13.com/gun-toting-grandma...mself/3903032/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Police say a man accused of pleasuring himself was shot when he tried to break into a woman's home in southeast Houston.

The sign outside Granny Jean's home on Cherrydale says "Save the drama for your mamma."

By phone, the 68-year-old grandmother told Eyewitness News the drama showed up at her house late Tuesday afternoon, and he was riding a bike.

"Some guy pulled off his pants and pulled his pants open, playing with his thing, and he ran up and I told him to get away from my door, or I will shoot him," Jean said.

Granny Jean wasn't playing, but the man wouldn't take no for an answer, she says.

That is when she grabbed her pistol.

"And he kept coming and reached for my door after it was locked, so I shot through the door," Jean said.

One shot, and she didn't miss. The man was struck in the chest by a bullet.

"I don't bother nobody, I don't get in nobody's business," Jean said. "It's just me and him, and like I keep saying, I warned him."

Police say the 38 year-old man had to have surgery but he's expected to be okay. The suspect is no stranger to police.

Investigators tell me the man was arrested last week for running naked around on Bellfort. He was out on bond but found himself at the wrong house on Tuesday.

Mrs. Jean has some words for anyone who wants to bring drama again to her doorstep.

"They better stay away."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ng-break-house

Texas woman shoots man who was reportedly masturbating, trying to break into her house
    51 min ago
    A Texas grandmother shot a man who was reportedly masturbating and trying to break into her home Tuesday evening, Houston police say.

The woman was taking out the trash about 5:15 p.m. in the 6600 block of Cherrydale Drive when she saw the man masturbating and riding a bike, Houston Lt. Larry Crowson told the Houston Chronicle.

She told police the man followed her to her front door and tried to break. That's when she said she fired at him through the door, striking him in the chest, Crowson said.

He was transported to an area hospital and is expected to survive. The man was out on bond on a separate exposure charge when the incident occurred.

The woman, whose identity has not been released, was not immediately charged. Her 14-year-old granddaughter was in the house at the time, the Chronicle reported.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...dog/935957002/

Palm Bay resident shoots, kills its pit bull after it attacked another dog
    Lamaur Stancil
    In this excerpt from "Eye on Brevard," District 4 commission candidate Trudy Infantini discusses the lack of EDC transparency and Brevard's selling points. Florida Today

A Palm Bay resident shot and killed its pit bull after it attacked another dog in the household Wednesday morning, police said.

About 10 a.m., police went to the 2600 block of Tivoli Avenue in the southwest area of Palm Bay, north of San Filippo Drive. The residents said the pit bull attacked the other dog in the household, which is why the shots were fired.

Police spokesman Lt. Steve Bland said no charges will be filed in the case because the shooting was in defense of the other dog.

No information was available about the injuries the other dog suffered.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...dog/935957002/

Palm Bay resident shoots, kills its pit bull after it attacked another dog
    Lamaur Stancil
    In this excerpt from "Eye on Brevard," District 4 commission candidate Trudy Infantini discusses the lack of EDC transparency and Brevard's selling points. Florida Today

A Palm Bay resident shot and killed its pit bull after it attacked another dog in the household Wednesday morning, police said.

About 10 a.m., police went to the 2600 block of Tivoli Avenue in the southwest area of Palm Bay, north of San Filippo Drive. The residents said the pit bull attacked the other dog in the household, which is why the shots were fired.

Police spokesman Lt. Steve Bland said no charges will be filed in the case because the shooting was in defense of the other dog.

No information was available about the injuries the other dog suffered.

http://www.galesburg.com/news/201808...bathroom-break

Armed resident foils intruder on bathroom break
    Robert Connelly Most Popular Our Picks
    GALESBURG — A Galesburg man is charged with a slew of offenses after allegedly breaking into a home and then being held at gunpoint by the homeowner while authorities responded.

Chance T. McKee, 20, Jefferson Street, was charged with felony residential burglary, felony burglary to a motor vehicle, two counts of felony criminal trespass to a residence and misdemeanor theft.

According to a Galesburg police report, a Galesburg man woke up in his home in the 400 block of Jefferson Street at about 4 a.m. Tuesday and noticed the bathroom door was shut, which was not normal.

The resident pushed on the door and “noticed he was getting some resistance from the other side, as if someone was pushing back on the door,” the report said.

At that point, the resident went to retrieve his .25-caliber handgun and heard the toilet flush. The man returned, opened the door and found McKee reportedly trying to climb out of the window. The man then held McKee at gunpoint until police arrived to arrest him, according to a police report on the matter.

Police found the resident had a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.

In an interview with police, McKee admitted to climbing onto the outside of the house and cutting a window screen to an attic window to gain access to the home. He also went through an unlocked vehicle that also belonged to the male resident who lives about a block away from McKee, the police report said.

In all, McKee was reportedly found with a small multi-tool knife on his person, believed to have been used to cut the window screen, as well as a pill bottle that held less than $10 in quarters and a checkbook.

Bail was set at $7,500, $750 needed to get out of jail, for McKee during a video court hearing Tuesday afternoon. He was granted a public defender and will return to court with court-appointed counsel for a preliminary hearing at 2 p.m. Aug. 28.

https://www.wjhl.com/local/kingsport...nse/1355669775

Kingsport man shoots neighbor's pit bull, claims self defense
    Ashley Sharp
    KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) - A Kingsport woman says her pit bull was shot and killed by her neighbor who is a Johnson City fireman on Tuesday, August 7. Kingsport Police and the Sullivan County District Attorney's Office deemed this an act of self defense and decided not to press charges for the animal's death.

Kaitlyn Williams, the owner of the pit bull, believes her dog's death was wrongful. She says her neighbor should have called animal control or gone inside the house instead of killing the animal.

Williams says her dog "Jeezy" escaped from her home's back door around one o'clock in the afternoon. Just minutes later, she says she heard a gunshot.

"I instantly knew that something happened. My heart dropped, it's like my baby," Williams says.

She found her American Pit Bull dead in her neighbor's back yard.

"I just started crying I didn't even know what to do, I sat down on the ground. It was just upsetting," says Williams.

The police report from KPD details "aggressive" behavior from the dog they say was approaching the man and growling in a "menacing" manner. No charges were filed as the man, the police department and the District Attorney's office agreed it was a matter of self defense.

Also in the police report, a neighbor who saw this unfold from her backyard told police she saw the dog go down after it was shot, but she didn't see the man in question in the backyard.

Williams said she had a conversation with her neighbor about what she saw after the incident. "She said she just saw my dog running around, hopping around in the backyard like he usually does and she said all she could hear was a gunshot go off and the dog started jerking," says Williams.

New Channel 11 asked the Sullivan County District Attorney's Office when it is legal to shoot an animal in self defense. They say it is a case by case evaluation and there is no specific, black and white rule in Tennessee.

"The person has to have a reasonable belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious injury to that person, another person, or one of their animals," says ADA Julie Canter.

The man declined to go on camera for an interview but told News Channel 11 that he loves animals and that he never wanted to shoot the dog. He says he fired one shot at the dog after it growled and lunged at him.

Williams says it wasn't in her dog's nature to act aggressively.

"I don't believe that my dog attacked him. He's never been mean in any kind of way," she says.

Williams buried Jeezy in her backyard and says she is going to continue to work with the DA's office to try and take the matter to court.

"I just want justice for him, that's all really," Williams says.

The DA's office is still investigating this incident.

The man who shot the dog said he has surveillance video that shows the dog lunging at him. He declined to release that video to News Channel 11.

https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/.../293-581481459

Republic man defends himself with gun after suspect breaks into his car
    Republic police are encouraging citizens to "get a gun, take a class and refuse to be a victim" after a man stopped a car prowler who broke into his car.

REPUBLIC, Wash. — REPUBLIC, Wash. -- Republic police are encouraging citizens to exercise their Second Amendment right after a man defended himself with a pistol against a suspect who jumped through his open car window while he was still inside.

Police went to Facebook to post about the incident in downtown Republic. Police said in the post that the suspect is likely responsible for a variety of other vehicle break-ins that have occurred throughout the town.

This time, to the suspect's surprise, the owner of the vehicle was inside and was also a concealed carry permit holder. Police said the car owner was armed and pointed a pistol at the suspect, ordering him to get on the ground and to not move. The suspect complied.

"Crimes happen and they happen in the blink of an eye usually when you least expect them," the post read. "If you go about your day unarmed and helpless you are a victim waiting for a crime to happen. ... Get a gun, take a class and refuse to be a victim."

http://www.wbrz.com/news/baton-rouge...re-away-creep/

Baton Rouge woman fires gun to scare away creep
    Mark Armstrong
    BATON ROUGE - A homeowner off Hoo Shoo Too Road near the Amite River was expecting a delivery Thursday afternoon when a creep appeared at her front door instead.

"No one should be a victim and I let him know I'm a very good shot," said Cheri Benham.

She said the man started off by asking about a shed on her property before remarking how he'd been watching her house for some time.

"He talked like a stalker," she said.

Benham was busy trying to get her three small dogs back inside when she noticed the man was touching himself inappropriately outside his clothes. As his remarks became lewder, she ran back inside and grabbed her .22 caliber snake rifle.

"I shot towards the ground and screamed at him to not come back," she said. "He left out of here with a hot foot. He was like a bank robber, he was gone."

Benham said he was a white male in his fifties standing five foot seven inches with a blonde crew cut and tattoos. He drove away in a beat-up white car.

Months ago, Benham had also received a number of lewd text messages from an unknown person. She believes it was the same man who came to her house on Thursday.

The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office is investigating.

Page 176 of 339 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast