Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 146 of 339 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://www.google.com/search?q=home...&bih=922&dpr=2

Derry man gets jail time for threatening Ligonier resident | TribLIVE
    Updated 15 minutes ago

A Derry Township man was sentenced Monday to serve up to 23 months in jail for threatening a Ligonier Township homeowner last year.

Police said Brian K. Will used a broom handle in an attempt to force his way into a Ligonier Township home and threaten the life of its occupant. Will was arrested after police responded to the call and found him being held at gunpoint by the homeowner.

Police found a wire camp saw in Will's pocket and a large machete in his car parked outside the home, according to court records.

Will, 48, pleaded guilty in April to charges of making terroristic threats, criminal mischief , trespassing and simple assault. More serious aggravated assault charges were dismissed.

Westmoreland County Common Pleas Court Judge Meagan Bilik-DeFazio sentenced Will to serve one to 23 months in jail and two years on probation. Will was given credit for time he has served in prison since his arrest in March.

That's when he was jailed after being arrested for an unrelated offense in which he was charged with ramming his vehicle into the back of a tow truck in Unity then punching and attempting to bite a state police officer who responded to the incident.

Will was charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and other offense in connection that incident. Those charges are still pending and his case is tentatively scheduled for trial in August before Westmoreland County Common Pleas Court Judge Tim Krieger.

This is one I am not sure if it belongs in the thread. A citizen used a gun to protect himself and his family. Sounds like having a gun made a difference. But he was prohibited.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/home...ets-in-trouble

Homeowner fights back against home invaders, gets in trouble
    CARROLL COUNTY, Ga.
    - A Carroll County family faces a volley of shots in a home invasion. Several men came into their apartment.

As the residents tried to run for cover, the husband and father grabbed a handgun and started shooting back.

The intruders ran out. What Carey Crowder instinctively did, ended up getting him in trouble. Because Crowder had been in trouble with the law, he is not allowed to possess any firearm. So when authorities came out to the shooting, they identified Crowder, who was wounded, and he now faces a charge of gun possession by a felon.

"What was I supposed to do," Crowder said, "Let 'em kill 'em"

An attorney for Crowder is trying to get the Carroll County District Attorney to drop the gun possession count. Samuel Rael said Crowder is employed and is trying to turn his life around.

Sounds like this criminal just could not get a break running into two people with firearms.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...r/77-563492430

Man's Walmart robbery attempt fails because he couldn't find a getaway car

A man racked up several felony charges Friday after his failed attempt to allegedly steal an entire cash register from Walmart.

A man racked up several felony charges Friday after his failed attempt to allegedly steal an entire cash register from Walmart.

It all came to an end when the suspect, Christopher Hall, could not seem to find a getaway car.

According to a police report, Hall tried to steal money out of the cashier's drawer while checking out cigarettes but the clerk closed it before he could snatch any cash.

That's when Hall reportedly picked up the entire cash register and ran away, looking for a getaway car.

"He wasn't going to get my truck," said retired army veteran Scott Reardean. "I don't care if you're Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, you're not getting my truck."

Reardean said he, his wife Laurie, and their granddaughter were headed to the Cold Stone Creamery in River City Marketplace for ice cream. Hall had made the .2-mile trek from the Walmart to the ice cream shop's plaz, and confronted Reardean as he was getting out of his car.

"He had put the cash box back in the bed of my truck," Reardean said.

Reardean says his wife and granddaughter were already a few cars down in route to the store.

"[He] pulled his knife and pulled my shirt and kept trying to pull me out of the truck," Reardean said.

Reardean says the force ripped his shirt and Hall began to stab him.

"Cut me in two fingers and one on the calf," Reardean said.

Little did Hall know, Reardean had two secret weapons. The first was his gun, which he kept in a console.

"Once he saw that," Reardean said, "I mean, you don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

The second secret weapon was his wife, Laurie.

"She had my back," Reardean said with a laugh.

Reardean says he called his wife's name and she came running.

"I got in between them and I pushed him off," Reardean said.

Laurie says she tried to calm him down and offer him help, but Hall refused. She went to call 911 and says Hall grabbed the cash register and ran off. He reportedly ran towards a nearby Starbucks.

According to the police report, Hall let himself into a woman's car who had been in the drive thru, sat in the passenger seat and ordered her to drive.

Fearing for her life, she got out of the car, went into her trunk, and grabbed a pistol she had inside, according to the report. Again, Hall ran off - this time to the Supercuts beside the ice cream store, according to the report.

There, Hall reportedly barricaded himself inside the bathroom. That's where police found him, ordered him to come out, and arrested him.

http://whnt.com/2018/06/10/argument-...erdale-county/

Argument over loud music leads to fatal shooting in Lauderdale County

Posted 4:21 pm, June 10, 2018, by WHNT News 19, Updated at 05:20AM, June 11, 2018
    LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. — Deputies say neighbors arguing over loud music led to a fatal shooting in Lauderdale County.

The incident happened Saturday night on Lauderdale County Road 110 in the Pine Haven Shores subdivision.

According to investigators, Michael Moore Watson, 47, confronted and assaulted a neighbor over loud music. Deputies say Watson then turned toward a family member of the assault victim, and a man shot him.

Sheriff’s office investigators say Watson was pronounced dead at the scene.

No charges have been filed against the man who fired the gun. The case will be presented to an upcoming grand jury.

http://6abc.com/police-homeowner-sho...-home/3593857/

Police: Homeowner shoots burglar breaking into Delaware home
    PIKE CREEK, Del. (WPVI) --

A homeowner shot a burglar when he broke into his Delaware home.

New Castle County Police were called to the scene on the 1100 block of Flint Hill Road in Pike Creek around 11:30 p.m. Monday.

Police say a 20-year-old male went into the home while the family was inside.

The homeowner shot the suspect one time.

The suspect has life-threating injuries, police sat,

The incident remains under investigation.

We will see where this one goes.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/384...ng-on-his-door

Canton homeowner shoots threatening man knocking on his door
    Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 11:11 am EDT
    CANTON, OH (WOIO) -
    Police officers said a homeowner shot a stranger who was pounding on his front door and demanding to speak to a woman the homeowner did not know.

This happened just before 11 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of 23rd St. NE.

The homeowner told Canton police after telling the suspect he didn't know who the woman was, the man allegedly began threatening him.

According to the police report, the suspect went to his car and then returned to the home and continued to threaten the occupants.

The resident said he feared the suspect was now armed and exited the home with a 12 gauge shotgun.

According to the resident, the suspect made threatening movements, so he shot him twice in the mid-section.

The suspect, whose name is not being released, is being treated at Aultman Hospital.

Canton police detectives continue to investigate the shooting and no charges have been filed at this time.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Pol...485295371.html

Police: Man armed with baseball bat shows up at Laurel Co. home
    Emilie ArroyoTue 4:38 PM, Jun 12, 2018

LONDON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man armed with a baseball bat was met by a gun-wielding homeowner this morning as he tried to break into a home, according to authorities.

Laurel County Sheriff’s Deputies say 24-year-old Patrick Sizemore showed up to a home on Pleasure View Road with a bat and started turning the doorknob on the front porch just before 6 a.m.

The Laurel County homeowner was on his way to work this morning when he says he noticed someone looking very suspicious. He said he only made it down the block before a gut instinct kicked in, telling him to turn around.

EKU criminal justice major Anderson Ruth says he knows his rights as a gun and property owner, making his house the wrong one to try to break into.

"And as I come back, I look at my front door, and the gentleman was there trying to get it open. So immediately, I knew that it wasn't somebody lost or looking for help. They were looking for something else,” said Ruth.

Ruth had never met Sizemore before, but says he thought something wasn’t right when he saw the man wearing a backpack, bandanna and carrying a baseball bat down his road this morning.

"I come into my driveway and immediately stopped and grabbed my sidearm. I had it out of his view at first, because you never know. Then he started to take off,” Ruth said. “That's when I drew my weapon and pointed it at him, and ordered him on the ground. From that point I just kept questioning him as I was dialing 911."

Adding to the stress of the situation, Ruth says it was pouring rain as this whole thing transpired, and he got soaked waiting for the police to arrive.

Sizemore is charged with criminal trespassing and public intoxication.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/43271...gton-park-man/

UPDATE: No Charges to be Filed in Shooting that Killed 29-Year-Old Lexington Park Man

Britain Jeremy Gill, age 29

UPDATE 6/13/2018: A St. Mary’s grand jury found that there wasn’t any probable cause to indict the homeowner/shooter for any sort of homicide in the case.

St. Mary’s State’s Attorney Richard Fritz said, his office will take no further unilateral action on the matter.

UPDATE 4/19/2018 @ 5:20 p.m.: Evidence indicates the victim, Britain Jeremy Gill, age 29, of Lexington Park, and the suspect, who at this time is not identified, had a confrontation. During the confrontation, the victim sustained a gunshot wound from a shotgun; the victim later succumbed to his injuries at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Detective Scott Ruest at (301) 475-4200 extension * 2297, or by email at Scott.Ruest@stmarysmd.com. Citizens may remain anonymous and contact Crime Solvers at (301) 475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.

UPDATE 4/18/2018 @ 10:00 p.m.: On April 18, 2018, at approximately 5:45 p.m., deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 21000 block of Liberty Street, in Lexington Park, for the report of a subject shot.
    A male victim was located, and transported to a local hospital; the victim has since succumbed to his injuries.

The investigation has been continued by detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division.

UPDATE: The shooting victim was transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital after CPR was started and their condition quickly deteriorated.

4/18/2018: On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at approximately 5:45 p.m., police, fire and rescue personnel responded to Liberty Street in Lexington Park for the report of a shooting.

Upon arrival first responders located a male with a shotgun wound to his upper body.

The victim was transported by ambulance to a landing zone to be flown to an area trauma center by a Maryland State Police helicopter.

Detectives from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division have assumed the case and additional details will be released as they become available.

http://www.wvnstv.com/local-news/mer...ion/1236275555

Bluefield police looking for 2 men following home invasion
    Katy Andersen
    BLUEFIELD, W. Va. (WVNS) -- An investigation is underway after two men forced their way into a home while the homeowner was there, according to police.

It happened on Glendale Avenue on Friday, June 8, 2018. Police said the victim told them she was inside her home when two black men burst through her front door. Police said the homeowner grabbed her gun and shot at them, but missed. The suspects then ran empty handed.

Police said they combed the neighborhood and talked to neighbors right after the incident happened. The victim told police the two men were wearing blue jeans and black hoodies. She said both of them were bald and clean shaved- one is in his forties and the other is in his twenties.

Police ask if you have any information regarding this case, to call their

http://www.wtva.com/content/state/Po...1.html?ref=651

POLICE: WOULD-BE ROBBER DIES AFTER SHOOTOUT WITH STORE CLERK
    Police in Mississippi say a man who tried to rob a convenience store at gunpoint died after exchanging gunfire with a clerk.

MCCOMB, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a man who tried to rob a convenience store at gunpoint died after exchanging gunfire with a clerk.

McComb police Detective Shannon Sullivan tells the Enterprise-Journal that a male clerk opened fire on 21-year-old Saveyon Raheam Harvey

Page 146 of 339 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast