Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 127 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3385

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://patch.com/tennessee/east-nas...n-shots-police

Madison Homeowner Foils Car Break-In With Gun Shots: Police
    A Madison man stopped an apparent car theft attempt by shooting at the would-be thieves, police say.

May 3, 2018 11:19 am ET
    Madison Homeowner Foils Car Break-In With Gun Shots: Police
    MADISON, TN -- Metro Police are searching for three people who tried to break into a car in Madison and got shot at for their trouble.

A homeowner told police he caught two men and a woman trying to break into his car around 1:45 Thursday morning and during the confrontation, fired his gun at them, causing them to flee.

(For more updates on this story and free news alerts for your neighborhood, sign up for your local Middle Tennessee Patch morning newsletter.)

Police do not believe anyone is injured and have no further description of the suspects beyond their genders.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/man-test...-shot-intruder

Man testifies how he fatally shot intruder
    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) —
    A local man relived the harrowing moments when he came home to find his place in shambles and two men inside, one armed with a rifle.

Juan Pablo Flores testified on Thursday in the trial of Tavaress Wilson, who’s charged with second-degree “felony” murder.

In other words, prosecutors accuse Wilson of taking part in the crime that led to the death of his alleged accomplice, 23-year old O’Brien Simms.

On the stand, Flores told jurors he was returning to his home near Boynton Beach, from picking up his girlfriend at work.

Flores said when he noticed lights on inside the house, he had his girlfriend and children stay in the car, and he went inside with his gun drawn.

Upon entering, Flores said he found his home in disarray, and he saw his 4-year old pit bull lying lifeless on the floor in a puddle of blood.

Flores said two men then emerged from a hallway, one carrying Flores’ safe, the other with a gun. When Flores said the second man pointed the rifle at him, he feared for his life and started firing.

“I just told them, ‘Stop!’” Flores recalled. “And as soon as I said that, the second gentleman looked at me, and started raising that firearm. And when he raised that firearm, I started letting shots out.”

Flores said he knew he hit at least one of the suspects. When both men dropped to the floor, Flores said he ran from the house, hopped in the car, and had his girlfriend drive to a neighbor’s home.

Flores immediately called 911.

Deputies found Simms dead inside Flores’ house.

Investigators say they connected Wilson to the crime scene, after he showed up at Bethesda Hospital a half hour after the incident, suffering from a gunshot wound to the face.

Wilson is also charged with the killing of Flores’ pit bull. The family’s Yorkie was also shot to death.

During cross-examination, Wilson’s attorney asked Flores a number of questions about the marijuana found inside the house and in one of Flores’ cars parked outside. The discovery of the pot is expected to play a role in the defense.

Wilson’s trial will run into next week.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/05/...ful-pawn-shop/

Bountiful pawn shop clerk shoots and kills suspect in attempted armed robbery, police are searching for a second suspect
    Bountiful • A store clerk at a Bountiful pawn shop apparently shot and killed one of two men who reportedly attempted to rob the store Friday morning.

About 10:10 a.m. 911 dispatchers began getting calls of shots fired at Bountiful Pawn and Sales, 135 S. and 500 West, Bountiful police Lt. Dave Edwards said.

The two men — one carrying a handgun — came in as the clerk opened the store, Edwards said. A “scuffle ensued,” and one of the suspects was shot, while surveillance cameras caught the other man fleeing south from the store.

Police believe the store clerk shot the suspect, though it’s unclear if you he used the handgun one of the suspects was carrying or another weapon.

The store clerk was hurt during the confrontation with the suspects. Police considered his injuries minor, Edwards said.

The suspect who fled is considered armed and dangerous. He was wearing a blue face mask, a gray hoodie and jeans.

(Photo courtesy of Bountiful Police Department) Police are searching for a man they suspect of attempting an armed robbery at Bountiful Pawn, 135 S. 500 West in Bountiful, on the morning of Friday, May 4, 2018. The man is described as wearing a blue face mask, a gray hoodie and jeans. Surveillance footage shows the man heading north from the scene and later heading south. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 801-298-6000.
    (Photo courtesy of Bountiful Police Department) Police are searching for a man they suspect of attempting an armed robbery at Bountiful Pawn, 135 S. 500 West in Bountiful, on the morning of Friday, May 4, 2018. The man is described as wearing a blue face mask, a gray hoodie and jeans. Surveillance footage shows the man heading north from the scene and later heading south. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 801-298-6000.
    Willie Salas, who has lived in the area for decades, said he saw the police activity as he was coming to buy a drink from a nearby store.

“Things like this don’t happen here,” Salas said. “I consider Bountiful and Davis County a quiet place, but for something like this to happen in broad daylight, it’s crazy. This is my neighborhood.”

Salas said he’s been in the pawn shop many times. The entrance is on the north side of the building, and inside, a counter and display runs east and west, he said.

“It’s not a very big building, but the guy runs a business out of it,” Salas said. “You never ever want to hear about anybody being killed, but people have the right to protect themselves and their property.”

Officials locked the doors at three nearby schools — Bountiful Junior High, Meadowbrook Elementary and Washington Elementary — for about 45 minutes during the investigation, Davis County School District spokesman Chris Williams said. The doors were unlocked about 11:15 a.m.

Police searched businesses in the area for the suspect.

Police shut down a lane of northbound 500 West near the pawn shop during the investigation, the Utah Department of Transportation tweeted. It was reopened just before 12:30 p.m.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the second suspect can call 911.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...481757981.html

Car Owner Shoots at Suspected Car Thief: Dallas Police
    By Lauren CrawfordPublished 4 hours ago | Updated 37 minutes ago
    Dallas police are investigating after a minor was shot while trying to steal a car, officers say. (Published 39 minutes ago)

Dallas police are investigating after a minor was shot while trying to steal a car, officers say.

Police say the juvenile attempted to steal the vehicle in the parking lot of a Race Track gas station on Marsh Lane just before 1 a.m. Friday.

As the suspected thief drove out of the parking spot, the owner of the car pulled out a gun and shot at him.

The minor was taken to a hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...xkBCtGyKIi3rM/

Cops: Man shot, killed by off-duty Fulton deputy outside restaurant had assault rifle
    Updated 31 minutes ago By Raisa Habersham John Spink, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    May 04, 2018
    An off-duty Fulton County sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a 46-year-old man outside a southwest Atlanta restaurant Friday morning, GBI officials said at a news conference.

About 4:50 a.m., three off-duty deputies working at the Ivory Restaurant in the 500 block of Whitehall Street were involved in an altercation inside the establishment, GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles said.

During the encounter, a Taser was deployed on the subject,” Miles said. “He was released and left the restaurant.”

Soon after, Norris Duffy was seen outside next to his SUV pulling out an assault rifle, the GBI said.

One of the off-duty deputies fired shots that struck Duffy, Miles said. He was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, where he died.

There is no indication that the victim fired shots,” Miles said. It is not known if the man pointed the weapon at officers or someone else.

According to Duffy’s brother, the deputy shot the man in the head and continued firing several more times, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Authorities are investigating what led to the argument. It is not clear if the shooting was caught on surveillance video.

No officers were injured.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...504-story.html

No charges in fatal shooting at pharmacy during Craigslist cellphone sale
    Wayne K. Roustan and Linda Trischitta
    When Davie Police raced to a shooting at a CVS Pharmacy, they found Alexander Williams, his hands bloodied, standing outside the store. His friend ’Dre Smith was inside, lying on the floor and bleeding from his chest.

“He got shot for a cellphone,” Williams, who tried to perform CPR on his buddy, told an officer.

A Broward County grand jury decided Thursday not to indict gunman Matthew Jay Barry, 38, of Davie in the Nov. 1 shooting death of Andre Derek Smith, 20, of Pembroke Pines, which happened during a cellphone sale that police say began on Craigslist.

The decision said in part, “After considering all the evidence, your Grand Jury has concluded that the homicide of Andre Smith, was the result of the justifiable use of deadly force under Florida Law, and that, therefore, criminal charges against any involved individual are not warranted.”

Barry could not be reached for comment Friday. His attorney, David Oscar Marcus said in an email, “The grand jury reached the right decision in this case. What happened that day is very sad and we extend our heartfelt condolences to the family.”

During a lunchtime meeting, Barry met Smith and Williams, 21, of Pembroke Pines, outside the store at 4610 S. University Drive to buy Williams’ iPhone 7.

Williams had listed the phone on Craigslist and Barry responded to the $300 offer, bartering it down $20 because it had a scratch, Davie Police said.

After the men met at the drugstore, Barry and Smith went inside and sat in chairs near the pharmacy to finish the deal. But Smith said he couldn’t back up the phone’s data and walked out of the store.

Barry left the store and Williams approached him in the parking lot, wanting the sale to happen. But Williams walked back and forth to Smith, who was in his truck, police said.

The encounter made Barry feel uncomfortable but he paid Williams $280 in cash for the phone. As Barry walked to his car, Smith approached, cursing and acting irate toward him, according to a police report.

Detectives said Williams and Smith wanted the SIM card that was still inside.

(L-R) Matthew Barry and Andre Smith
    Matthew Barry (left) won't be charged in the shooting death of Andre Smith (Davie Police, courtesy)
    Twice during the transaction, Williams tried to get Smith to “chill” and go back to his truck, and to forget about the SIM card, he told investigators.

Barry gave the SIM card to Smith. He told detectives that he felt afraid, that Smith threatened to kill him and followed him into the CVS. Williams also said Barry seemed intimidated by Smith and was trying to get away from him, the report said.

Once inside the store again, Barry asked a cashier to call 911.

Store surveillance video released by Davie police Friday shows 10 seconds before the gunfire began. Smith was closely following Barry, there was shoving and Barry pulled a Ruger LC9s 9 mm pistol from his pocket and shot it several times, police said.

Williams heard the bullets fly and thought to himself, ‘Oh, please, God, don’t tell me he shot this kid for this,’ he told police.

Davie Fire Rescue paramedics took Smith to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, where he died a half-hour after being wounded.

The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled Smith’s death a homicide, and removed three bullets from his body. The police report listed four additional witnesses who echoed Barry’s description of the deadly conflict, including his requests that 911 be called.

Barry told police he’d been robbed before and that because he buys personal electronics with cash, he carries a weapon, which Davie police said he is legally licensed to carry.

“This is a tragedy,” Davie Police Maj. Dale Engle said during a press conference Friday. “One man’s life was lost over the sale of a phone, but at this time the case is closed.”

Efforts to reach Williams, Smith’s parents and the attorneys who represent the Smith family were not successful.

This man, his story and his actions deserves to be reposted in this thread every now and then. I just wish they would stop naming the shooter and just call him “the scumbag”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen...ay-2018-05-04/

Man who opened fire on Sutherland Springs shooter honored at NRA convention
    CBS/AP May 4, 2018, 10:02 PM

Stephen Willeford and a guest walk up onto the stage at the National Rifle Association-Institute for Legislative Action Leadership Forum in Dallas, Friday, May 4, 2018.

Sue Ogrocki / AP
    DALLAS -- The Texas man who grabbed his rifle and ran barefoot across the street to open fire on a gunman who slaughtered 26 people in a church in the small town of Sutherland Springs was honored Friday at the annual National Rifle Association meeting, CBS Dallas / Fort Worth reports. Stephen Willeford told those gathered for the group's leadership forum in Dallas on Friday, "I took care of my community on that day and I'd do it again."

Willeford was at his home on a Sunday in November when his daughter alerted him that she'd heard gunfire at the First Baptist Church nearby.

Trump applauds NRA leaders, Kanye West in speech
    As the shooter, Devin Kelley, sped away, Willeford ran to a pickup truck stopped in an intersection, jumped in and the two called 911 and pursued Kelley.

"He had an AR-15 and so did I," Willeford told the NRA convention crowd.

That resident, Johnnie Langendorff, said he was driving past the church as the shooting happened

"He jumped in my truck and said, 'He just shot up the church. We need to go get him.' And I said 'Let's go,'" Langendorff said at the time.

The pursuit reached speeds up to 90 miles per hour. Willeford told Arkansas TV stations KHBS/KHOG that he kept a 911 operator advised of the situation during the chase. The gunman eventually lost control of his vehicle and crashed.

Willeford walked up to the vehicle with his gun drawn, and the attacker did not move. Police arrived about five minutes later, Langendorff said.

Kelley died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The NRA also created an ad Willeford starred in.

"My daughter came into the bedroom and she said, 'Dad, there's a man in black tactical gear shooting up the Baptist church,'" Willeford began in the ad. "Every one of those shots, to me, represented one of my neighbors, one of my friends," he continued as images from the Southerland Springs neighborhood were interspersed on the screen and music played.

Willeford went on to describe what happened during the shooting. "And I ran as fast as I could. Immediately, he came out of the church, shooting at me. He hit the truck in front of me. He hit the car behind, he hit the house behind me. And I hit him," continued Willeford.

"He had an AR-15, but so did I. And … it's not the gun, it's the heart," Willeford said in the ad. "It's a matter of the heart. I'm not the bravest man in the world, or anything, but I was here. I was here, and I could do something, and I had to do something," Willeford said as the ad concluded.

http://www.hastingstribune.com/boy-f...5aa004bff.html

Boy, father attacked by bobcat showing no fear of them
    STOW, Maine (AP) — Wardens in Maine say they are searching for a bobcat that attacked a 17-year-old boy and his father.

The Plowden family first encountered the animal Wednesday night in their backyard in Stow. Carolynn Plowden tells the Sun-Journal that the large cat showed no fear and was acting strangely by walking all around the yard and rolling around.

Her husband John and son Justin went outside to confirm the animal was not a protected lynx when the bobcat suddenly lunged and bit Justin Plowden's face.

The cat clawed the boy's back and also clawed the father's arm. It ran off when a neighbor shot at it.

advertisement
    The Plowdens received multiple rabies shots that night. The boy's mother says he received four shots in his face.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38105908/a...w-neighborhood

Attempted burglar shot by alleged victim in Wells-Goodfellow neighborhood
    By Stephanie Baumer, Online News ProducerCONNECT

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – An attempted burglar was shot by his alleged victim in the Wells-Goodfellow neighborhood Wednesday morning.

Officers were called to the 5900 block of Dr. Martin Luther King around 8 a.m. for a report of a burglar in a building. The police investigation revealed the 39-year-old suspect was shot in the leg by the 44-year-old.

The suspect was taken into custody and then to the hospital for treatment.

Warrants have been issued against the suspect.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/map...erty/740071393

Maple Valley man defends property

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. - A Maple Valley man said people in of two vehicles opened fire on his house with his kids inside.

The family told KIRO 7 this turned into a gunbattle "like something out of a movie."

The homeowner, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, gave detectives a photo he took when those cars first pulled up. He said the passenger in one car pulled out a shotgun, and then moments later opened fire.

Surveillance video showed the moment when two vehicles pulled into the driveway of the homeowner around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday.

The homeowner noticed them after checking on the animals he owns.

“I walk up to them and say, 'Hello. May I help you?’” he told KIRO 7. “And they said, 'Well, I think we have the wrong house.’ I said, 'OK. I could help you. But I'm sorry – [it’s] nothing personal – [but] I'm gonna have to take some pictures of you guys.’ I took out my cellphone, because the whole thing looked fishy."

The homeowner said one of the guys took his hat off for the picture. He couldn't believe what happened next.

"I see a guy holding a shotgun in his hand and cocking it [while] getting ready for a shootout."

But this homeowner also had his pistol, which he does have a license to carry.

"I said, 'Don't do it. Don't be stupid. Don't be stupid –- don't do it' –- and I start backing up. He jumped out of the car."

The homeowner described what he did when the men opened fire.

"That's when I ran with my face towards him, because I didn't want him to go to my house to hurt my kids. I had to defend myself and I exchanged fire with them somewhere around here."

He can't believe he wasn't hit.

"All these trees probably saved my life."

His wife called 911 as both cars sped off. He wants to send this message to the men who threatened his family:

"You're a bunch of losers. You're a bunch of punks. You came to a house loaded with kids."

We reached out to the King County Sherrff's Office and they said King County Major Crimes is actively working on this case.

If anyone has any information on the shooters, you're asked to contact police.

Page 127 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast