Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Geisinger Danville carry options?

Anyone have experience, positive or negative, carrying at the Geisinger facility in Danville? Taking my wife there Monday for some test and wondering if anyone has had any problems CCing. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Geisinger Danville carry options?

Ive never been there but good luck with the tests!
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

No problem at all, concealed.

(Bucks County)

Gotta wonder about being taken to a hospital, unconscious or in shock, and they start bagging personal affects and they discover a handgun. It's probably a random luck of the draw as to who ultimately handles what is done with the gun.

(Luzerne County)

They may have policy against carrying. One of my officers, a part-time officer, had taken his daughter to a local hospital here in the Wyoming Valley area. Apparently, a member of the staff saw his holstered firearm. He said he was wearing a hoodie, so it may have moved, revealing the firearm. The staff member contacted security and they had him secure the firearm in a locker I assume, until his daughter was checked out.

He had sent me a text asking if they could do that, and I told him.....their property......their rules.

Personally, concealed is concealed. Last week, my younger brother had a heart attack and was admitted to a local hospital. Not the same one as above, but still in the area. Needless to say, no one but me knew whether or not I was armed.

As for my brother, one of his arteries was 100% blocked and they had to rush him into surgery. They put in a stint and he was discharged a few days later.
    Last edited by Steve in PA; January 29th, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

(Chester County)

They have a policy against but concealed is concealed. Security officers there are a joke, no worries.... unless a real criminal shows up.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Gotta wonder about being taken to a hospital, unconscious or in shock, and they start bagging personal affects and they discover a handgun. It's probably a random luck of the draw as to who ultimately handles what is done with the gun.
    With the number of people lawfully carrying in Pennsylvania, the EMTs and hospitals already have protocols in place for handling such incidences.

I've always been curious as to what would happen if one was lawfully carrying in Pennsylvania with a 14-round magazine in the handgun filled with jacketed hollow points, had some sort of knock-you-unconscious accident, and end up in a hospital across the frontier in New Jerseystan.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    With the number of people lawfully carrying in Pennsylvania, the EMTs and hospitals already have protocols in place for handling such incidences.

I've always been curious as to what would happen if one was lawfully carrying in Pennsylvania with a 14-round magazine in the handgun filled with jacketed hollow points, had some sort of knock-you-unconscious accident, and end up in a hospital across the frontier in New Jerseystan.
    To you? Probably nothing. Firearm/ammo would probably not make it into Jersey with you. Even if it did, no intent to possess in Jersey.
    Last edited by MachineGunKelly; January 29th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

(Bucks County)

Intent didn't help that poor guy in LaGuardia. Planned flight delayed. Stayed overnight. had gun in luggage. BAM! Arrested, in jail for 7 months until Christie finally helped. Or the lady from Philly until much distress. Fact of possession presumes intent, with those (pick a word).

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Intent didn't help that poor guy in LaGuardia. Planned flight delayed. Stayed overnight. had gun in luggage. BAM! Arrested, in jail for 7 months until Christie finally helped. Or the lady from Philly until much distress. Fact of possession presumes intent, with those (pick a word).
    Well, you may own, but since you're unconscious in an ambulance you no longer possess - the EMT does. When handed off to the New Jerseystan ER, you're still no longer in possession since the EMT gave all your stuff to hospital security.

So, unregistered handgun, no New Jerseystan license, "high capacity" magazine, evil JHP cartridges. And, even if nobody is arrested or prosecuted, how would one get his/her property back - a hand-off at the state border from a New Jerseystan cop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast