Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Semi-Auto Hunting on its way.

10 round Pmags blocked to 5 rounds for my .308 ARs are good to go. Ordered a couple blocks and 10 round Pmags for my 5.56 ARs today. 👍

From the NRA:

Pennsylvania: Continue Requesting the Game Commission to Keep the Approved Semi-Automatic Rifle Hunting Proposed Rules!

Last week, the Pennsylvania Game Commission unanimously passed the proposed rulemaking for the semi-auto rifle hunting law at the quarterly meeting. The Commission is still receiving comments before the final approval of the regulations will be made at the March 27-28 meeting.

Unfortunately, there are reports that gun control and anti-hunting advocates are still campaigning against the proposed rulemaking. Please contact the Commissioners, and submit a general comment, asking the Pennsylvania Game Commission to finalize the approved proposed regulations from the last meeting.

Signed by Governor Tom Wolf on November 21, 2016, Act 168 of 2016 eliminates the prohibition on the use of semi-automatic rifles for hunting and allows for the Pennsylvania Game Commission to regulate these sporting rifles for all game species in accordance with season and bag limits. The Commissioners also expanded the use of semi-automatic rifle hunting to now include fall turkey season in addition to small game and varmints, bear, elk and deer.

As most other states have discovered, allowing hunters to use semi-automatic rifles is nothing more than expanding firearm selection for the hunter afield. Semi-automatic rifles simply give hunters a much greater ability to fire a timely and accurate follow-up shot, which can be the huge difference between wounding or quickly taking a game animal. Ending the prohibition on semi-automatic rifle hunting will provide Pennsylvania hunters the same opportunities and options enjoyed by hunters in 48 states.

Politely send them your comments today.

Email: pgccomments@pa.gov
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 9th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Here is a copy of my e-mail sent. Feel free to copy cut edit and paste as you wish.

Hello Commissioners,

Thank you for unanimously passing the proposal to make semi-auto rifle hunting legal for all game species in PA. If I had not been sick with the flu, I would have attend the Jan. 29th meeting and spoke publicly in favor of this ruling. I am a lifelong PA hunter and Hunter Safety instructor and I am glad that you are willing to allow us hunters to choose our preferred the style of rifle. I also hunt in WMU 5B and am glad to see that we will be allowed to hunt for Turkey this fall. Please vote the SAME way in March when these rules can be finalized.

Thanks you for your work to improve hunting in the Great State of PA.

Regards,

Midway USA has AR-15 pmags on sale for $10.99. AR-10 are $15. I just picked up two 10 rounders for each and two sets of the -5 plugs. I should be good to go for either rifle.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Lancer has 5rd stops for their 10rd mags too. I much prefer Lancers over Pmags. http://store.lancer-systems.com/prod...ne_accessories

Per the FOAC this morning It looks like the anti hunting and gun crowd is doing their best to get this shot down by flooding the game commission with comments. All freedom loving gun owners should be doing the same showing support for this regulation change by doing the same. We CANNOT allow the baseless opinions of those who would hapily destroy our freedoms and traditions to dictate our lives.

I just took the time to send an email to the commissioners relating my personal experience please consider doing the same.

Dear Commissioners

I am writing this note in regards to the proposed use of Semi-automatic firearms for hunting all game in the great state of Pennsylvania. I am 4 years new to North East Pennsylvania, and have always been a avid firearm enthusiast. After moving here my intention was to start a new family tradition of hunting and harvesting our food though neither my wife or I come from any type hunting back ground both being raised by anti hunters. This endeavor has been slow going for us. One of the factors is the sheer cost of outfitting the four members of my family new firearms that I previously did not want to own. This requires several each depending on the game hunted and the season, if this regulation had been already in effect cost would not continue to be an issue for myself as well as many others that I have spoken with regarding this subject.

As we all know the tradition of hunting and self reliance is on the decline in Pennsylvania as well as across the country. Attacks from animal rights, and anti firearm groups have also done their fair share of damage demonizing the sport as well as the way of life for ten's of thousands of Americans. Making it cost beneficial and easier for new hunters to get into the field is what we as a community of hunters need to be doing in order to move forward. The facts regarding the safety of hunting with Semi-Automatic firearms prove the bias feeling based opinions of the aniti's to be far from true. As I am sure you know Pennsylvania would be one of the last states to allow the use of Semi-automatic hunting while the rest of the country moves forward we stand still.

Please do not allow the false outrage and shock of those who clearly do not hunt or own a firearm to deny those who responsibly do to be denied this long coming change to our hunting regulations. Ultimately what is most important is to be able to further the tradition of hunting for future generations and in order to do that it's time to move forward with the time in some areas.

Thank You
    Hodgie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456